Islamabad airport delayed till end 2018

Property prices are going down in ternol and surrounding areas. Where to invest?

Some foolish property dealers have raised the prices 3 to 4 times just because of airport and metro announcement. They have tried to sell their own plots and now are out of market.

Now the airport won't be operational by 14 August, what will happen to the poor people, who were trapped by these uneducated property dealers?

Want to give an example of PAF Ternol. The price of one kanal was around 35 to 45 lac for a kanal, after metro and airport announcement, the dealers were trying to sell the same plot for over 1 crore. WTF. If you go there as a buyer, they start with a crore and come down till 70 lac, is this not a dishonesty?

Adnan, personally, I don't think PMLN govt can afford any further delays than couple of of months maybe. Islamabad new airport, Havelian Motorway, Orange train, Neelam Jhelum and many other are their signature projects, and they would not like someone else to take credit.

Now that the script to sack PMLN and bring Gen Raheel Sharif as PM of coalition govt next year seems to be in action, PMLN would not like to delay any of its projects any further. You will see one project rolled out after the other in next few months including new airport.

You can't blame property dealers, and they are not foolish either. They simply played with our greed. It is our own greed that make us fall in the same pit again and again.

Adnan sb if you can i remeber,i repeatedly said to be aware of this bubbled up game and even presented the the example of PAF tarnol in this regard.You are right in every word of yours.

Airport won’t be delayed by more than 2 months Max for sure, PML-N shall inaugurate asap once SS gets elected and obviously depending upon its readiness etc

Agreed with Isloo vis-a-vis new airport and other projects

Falcon (saadi?) what do you predict for Zone 2 prices for let’s say next 3 to 6 months?

Selling now is not an option. Have patience. If IK become PM, everything will change. Airport will be completed on urgent basis. There will be a lot more development of necessary infrastructure. Good news is that Mr. 50% is gone and history now.

@Isloo1

Patwaris like you always suffer from General-phobia! Raheel Sharif still come in your dreams. Try to get your head out of that conspiracy jar of yours and see the world for what it is.

Your leader is a declared chor by the highest court of this nation.

Islamabad airport is now a reality and it will be functional in coming few months.... Don't need to panic... Everything is going as planned... Stay alert from people doing false propegeda.

Regards

JDM sir try to use mild words as everyone has the right to express his opinions and we should try to patiently listen to them even if they are mot in consonance with our perceptions and beliefs.

Khan bhai u are right that the project of airport cannot be rolled back at this stage but i see the delay as an inevitable consequence of the way things are proceeding on development side.I may be wrong in this regard.

Isloo1 sir,I think in zone 2,apart from 1 or 2 societies,majority of the societies were depending upon the pakki pakai kheer of airport rathet than focusing on devekoping their societies.Any sharp increase would be definitely attributed towards a manipulated starategy as on ground poaition of the things are not giving any clue for a considerably big increase in prices.

@ Falcon:

You are right, but I think delay of few months is not a big issue for investors of real estate... It is almost inevitable in such mega projects.... Hopes are high for good projects near new airport.

Regards

Mr. Khan Sir can i have your contact number please

One more thing,it is an apolitical forum meant for property discussions so find some better place to vent out your political grudges.Refrain from spreading your trash here please!

@Falcon: on your comment

"Isloo1 sir,I think in zone 2,apart from 1 or 2 societies,majority of the societies were depending upon the pakki pakai kheer of airport rathet than focusing on devekoping their societies.Any sharp increase would be definitely attributed towards a manipulated starategy as on ground poaition of the things are not giving any clue for a considerably big increase in prices."

I can only partially agree with you that the new airport is oversold to create market hype, the overall accessibility, development and living standards of zone 2 is getting better every day. Some societies, such as Margalla View (D-17) after being dead for long seem to be thriving now. So is B-17 which is also picking the pace in terms of livability.

Top City banked totally on new airport. Any news of airport getting delayed or TC not getting direct access sets off warning alarm and its funny to see how TC investors start pacifying each other. "Kuch nahin ho raha, don't worry, keep faith, etc."

But this is what the dealer mafia wants to thrive on, a fluctuating market.

@Falcon, (my post is withheld for review, I am re-writing the points I made on your comments):

"Isloo1 sir,I think in zone 2,apart from 1 or 2 societies,majority of the societies were depending upon the pakki pakai kheer of airport rathet than focusing on devekoping their societies.Any sharp increase would be definitely attributed towards a manipulated starategy as on ground poaition of the things are not giving any clue for a considerably big increase in prices."

------------

Partially agree, as some societies, such as TC, have oversold the idea of new airport proximity. Any slight change in launch plan or access road shakes the confidence of investors, which perfectly suites the ambition of dealer mafia.

On the other hand, most of zone 2 is getting better in terms of accessibility and quality of living standards, examples are D-17 and B-17.

I personally, see good future for zone 2 and any investment in it is bound to bring sustained good returns in the long run.

Good evening gents,

What about the property prices of F-17, F-18, B-17, D-17? They were risen multi folds only due because of the new Airport.

What change in pricing is expected and visible now?

Lastly, the airport project is not shelved, but delayed for an indefinite time. It's not completed and it's expected to be operational at the mid/end of 2018.

Thank you.

Its not an authentic source, but keep the fingers crossed.

What source you have Adnan?