Islamabad Highway Expansion EOI Floated By CDA In National Dailies

Islamabad Highway expansion tenders has been called by CDA for the expression of interest to make it ten lane from Rawat to Isloo Zero Point signal free. Published in national dailies of today 14 June 2014.

What experts say the impact of this development on the Zone V societies plot prices with special emphasis on Naval Anchorage?

What will price impact in percentage? A wild guess...

I will appreciate if all give guess about Naval Anchorage as I have some investment there.

Fakat Aap Ka Apna

Crore Patti

Of course the prices will appreciate but in some societies more and in some societies less.

Depending on their development standard and interest of people, also the societies where prices are less like DHA Valley/Gulberg/Jinnah Garden/Ghouri town etc. Will go up significantly.

But other societies where prices are already reaching the top levels and development/construction is done to max percentage are likely to benefit less.

And making the road signal free mean there will be interchanges on the road, no U-turn/Signal. Those societies which will have interchanges or near to interchange are going to benefit more because of ease of access.

@Crore Patti:

This is just tender invitation and the last date is 31 July 2014.

After this the board will review all the BIDS, then funds allocation, the litigation along the way, then this and then that.

So one can speculate the impacts atleast after some ground work and that if CDA triggers quickly then mid to last quarter of 2015 will show some impacts

Good comment imran

Isloo

It is starting point of any project and cda is floating EPC CONTRACT ,which is very efficient type of contract in project delivery when start up formalities and approval are given

I confirm you that all the Right of way and land required for expansion of this road is already with cda . As this is start of a BIG GAME the thing you are talking of land issue is associated with next stage of game after the completion of the expansion of Islamabad highway and start of business centres along the highway.

I expect the immediate impact as the pmln government and current chairman (former chairman of nha ) has special appetite for road project.

I spect it very speedy project

Aap KA APNA

Crore PATTI

What is rout way?is it via soan garden, media town dha2 extension dha valley rawat or via soan media town coming via gt across dha1 and bahria phase8 then rawat, please have an expert view of possible routes,

Dk

Same route as of Islamabad highway

It is only expansion of existing Islamabad highway

Aap KA APNA

Crore PATTI

I have also heard that Metro bus project will also be extended till Rawat so that would also have a major impact on the prices as this will connect the people living or investing there to main Islamabad.

Yahoo naval anchorage KA guess batao

Should I hold or sell now

Aap KA APNA

Crore PATTI

Well, Naval Anchorage is far inside from the Highway, rates are already high when we talk about commercial plots in Naval anchorage, you must sell them if you have better investment options, if not, then retain them.

This extension was necessary, as as one crosses airport chowk, it is a bottle neck 24/7.

It will impact positively to all the societies in Zone 5 specially those which have main road land.

@Crore Patti

Lets see how the EOI materialises into actual awarding and starting of contract. I think they will allocate some funds in the CDA budget which has yet to come.

But it is very positive news especially for Zone 5 and other societies which are on the Pindi side. So its time to hold any investment in Zone 5 .....I even think it will have an impact on Bahria Ph-8 also as the drive time from Zero point to Rawat will be reduced considerably...

Now your question about % increase.... I think 20 % but in the next 6 months.. Rest Allah knows best

Societies in zone five will generally get benifit of this extension but the societies have interchange will get more boost in their prices. Gulberg looks shining in up coming years because of this extension I guess because of good development and road access.

As far as naval is concerned I totally agreed with Nasir Bhai. Societies getting useful share would be:-

Gulberg

DHA 2 ex comm

River garden

Soan garden

Naval anchorage

Ghauri town

May be I am wrong it s based what I foresee now and anybody can disagree with that.

Cheers

Good to hear that i have a 10 marla corner plot in ghauri town phase 5 its located at right after entrance of ghauri town phase 5,

so based upon the news should i hold it but for how long ?? and how much raise will be in the prices ?

Regards,

Malik

There seems to be a special interest in Rawat access in this PML N government. This project will benefit all individuals commuting on this narrow part of Expressway as well.

Benefit likely for all societies with access on Expressway. IMO time to hold your Zone 5 investments and wait for the good returns.

It should have positive impact on all under development societies . Hopefully it would also have a good effect on AJKHS agro farms.

But more than that, this road network is a real need of the hour , so many ppl lose their lives crossing this terrible highway ,

There is some benefit likely for Bahria VIII as well as the final sectors are very close to GT road - and I did hear that there may be plans to connect the other end to GT road creating a nice loop.

Bahria Phase 8 is a mini city in itself and in my view a project of this magnitude cannot just fail due to of access/ road etc.

I am pretty sure Bahria management knows well how to benefit from these developments.

Good things will come to Bahria Phase 8 for sure. One needs to be a bit calm and give it some time.

I think the progress on this project is good so far, from "Intent to EOI"

If law and order situation remained under control, I see zone 5 flying high in near future.

And like I have said before, one should prefer investment in zone 5 over others.

PM Nawaz shareef showed its intentions regarding 10-lane expressway and economic zone in rawat few months ago. Things little unfolded and we see newspaped advertisement regarding 10-lane expressway couple of days ago. I think sooner or later we should be ready for economic zone in rawat as well. I dont know what will be its purpose but it will be built.

I was expecting a downfall in River garden prices as per downward trends all around, but these are actually going up.

Now with 10 lanes highway, and this one being right on the expressway with excellent development, I can guess prices going up further...

Islamabad expressway 10 lanes future project will benefit the following priority wise in my opinion no=1,dha 2 and its extension and dha valley no=2,river garden no=3,gulberg no4=, ghori town,rest of zone 5 society have some disadvantages in getting full benefits from this expressway bcz of multiplre reasons as in some cases like airport society gulzare qaid soan garden already over congested and ppl desperate for shifting out in some safe and [and secured facilities areas],as for bahria phase8 even with a loop to gt road it seems away from expressway so very little direct advantage, but yes if dha 2 boom occurs it will definitely impact positively on phase8 ,