Islamabad new airport

There are rumors of moving new airport to rawat from its existing location, how far is that true? Coz if that happens prices of all the housing schemes around the new airport will hit the rock bottom.

The total cost of new islamabad airport has reached to 95 billion rupees…so it is almost impossible to invest the same amount at some km away from existing point

The rumor has actually resurfaced. Previously it was saying that a new VVIP airport would be built in Rawat and a 10 Lane signal free corridor sidelined by highrise buildings will be constructed on Dubai model from Rawat to ISB.

Only 10 lane signal free corridor to and fro Rawat is true, as far as I know.

Guys...its really v interesting...bhayo ye airport hy k drama...idhr shur or idhr band...peopl saying so hav gone nuts?

but mind u, u cant say its impossible untill shareef bros r around.

A business oriented airport in rawat is a good idea,Pakistan economy will grow, and prosperity will increase, bcz chines investments and long term economic corridor will open via this route,

Hahahahahahahahaha… Bhayoooooo! Rawat Drama is over. Riaz thekaydar ney khoob haath saaf kar liay hein (Nawaz Sharif ki milibhagat sey). Nawaz Sharif released this feeler in August 2013, & consequently prices of Bahria/DHA shoot up vertically. After all Riaz thekaydar was to be obliged.

Lol

Not Again Please.

How an airport be moved now with too much spending already done and 70-80 % completed.

Sounds funny now but like the comment made by Mr Saleh…that one can expect any sort of foolishness as long as sharifs are here

Making airport is not a joke. Nawaz would be more interested in Lahore-Karachi motorway. He has other options too to boast of his abilities. Train from Havelian to Kashghar is also his interest. Chinese will be more interested in it.

Sorry Dk Bhai, 3 airports in a city will not serve any economic purpose. Aagay inn say airport nahein sanbhalay jaatay.. Such a joke that strong winds in islamabad made a stationery plane collide into wall of airport and disrupted air traffic this week. Breakers were not properly placed.

No more Rawat Airport that drama is closed already.

Regards

Actually, three more airports in addition to the one on Fateh Jang Road are under consideration. Locations of the proposed 3 new airports are Rawat, Chattar Park, and Bari Imam. PC-I have been approved by the ECNEC/PSDP, and the construction work is likely to start simultaneously on all the 3 airports in a couple of months. Cost of 2 airports will be funded by China and that of the third one by Russia. All these airports will have proper arrangements to avoid recurrence of plane collision with walls due to strong wind. The existing airport at Chaklala will be handed over to SUPARCO for their space shuttle which is likely to be launched before Eid Qurbani. The above is confirmed news and, therefore, nobody should raise any question.

Dear Khan,

very funny and interesting post really.

Nadeem Ahmed Sb, please don’t treat it as a funny post, you will soon realize when hundreds of planes will be circling the skies of Islamabad waiting for their turn in the queue to land. British Airways, AA, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Air France, KLM and many other airlines have requested permissions to schedule many flights daily to and from these airports. Even NASA have requested Ministry of Defence for permission to launch their next space rocket Apollo 2014 from Chaklala airport. Before the prices sky-rocket, hurry up, dispose off all your properties elsewhere and buy land closer to any of these airports.

NASA…APOLLO 2014 and CHAKLALA where population is already so high…my my…khan sahab very very funny indeed

Khan Sahib, thank you for the eye-opening posts!

I endorse Khan Sahib’s views. Recently, the Newsweek have published an article saying that many scientists of Pakistani and Middle Eastern origin working in USA are leaving their jobs to possibly join R&D team of SUPARCO. It is the same issue of the Newsweek which has run Altaf Hussain’s picture on its cover. The article further says that a big technological / economic revolution is in the offing and the epicenter of this revolution is Islamabad.

One of my friends working in Civil Aviation Authority on a senior position confirms that CAA have received requests from at least 30 major airlines for permission to start operation from Islamabad. A source in M/o Defence has also verified that the rumour of NASA’s request to fly their mission from Chaklala airport is actually true.

Well, the Actual situation on the ground is that, for the paki. People bought land on the moon couple of decades ago, for them PIA will start flights from new airport at fazabad flyover airport which will come completed in 2020.

And for all the people who want special flights for flights diversion for the political people/workers Inqalab a new airport will start over D-Chok

Well done khan sahab and others… Such topics should always be ridiculed like this. I got good laugh.