Moving Some Investment From DHA2, Bahria VIII To B17? Good Idea Or Not?

Dear members, I have two 50x90 plots in DHA 2 (ex commoners) Islamabad and one 50x90 in Bahria VIII Rawalpindi. I am considering selling one of these and getting a 50x90 plot in B-17.

Why B17 - because eventually I want to construct a house and once Margalla Avenue is completed - B17 may be more accessible compared to DHA 2 from main Islamabad.

It is still a little hard decision to make as heard many people claim that B17 has appreciated a lot already and now may not be the best time to buy.

Looking for some comments, suggestions and advice.

Thanks

If you are buying to build your house then it is a good move.

No, Never, Rates in DHA Commoner's Town are on it's peak so are in B-17 in Block B, A block is not suitable for building home, Rates are almost same in DHA 2 K,L block plus B-17 B block, so no benefit, even if you want to build a home. DHA 2 will be much better option for house construction and community living, B-17 is good for investment. And if you plan to sell DHA 2 plot and and buy a plot B-17 C,D, or E block, then i don't think that would be a nice move by selling a possession plot and buying a non possession plot. This is not a good time to buy in B-17.

Totally agreed with nasir sb…DHA and bahria is the best option for living…

Very nice advise from Nasir sb

OK then let me ask a question. Dha has better development standards or D-12 or E-11? Of course dha development is far better. But which is more valuable? of cours cda sectors specially those near the Margalla hill view are superior plots.

Similarly B-17 even if a little lower in development standard offers a much superior location when Margalla avenue is completed insha Allah. Even development level is quite decent in all multi projects.plus B-17 is a CDA approved sector.

My advice is to bet on B-17 as compared to far flung Dha ad bahria schemes.

I think the points mentioned above regarding development standards and location are mostly valid, however, I would support this move purely from the perspective of diversification which is something I have also done myself, and strongly recommend.

You can sell one of the two plots you have in DHA, and buy in B-17. That will keep you "in" in both the zones benefitting whenever prices rise in either of them. It will add more momentum to your portfolio as all three are good options in the longterm. Then whenever you want to build a home, you will also have all three options to consider and you can choose the one you find best.

@pk1…sir you cannot simply compare zone 1 with b-17 at any cost…It has its own importance no matter what the development standards are…dha is and will be much much better for living puproses as compared to b-17…

I am agreed with mr Saadi ,B-17 is good for investment but not for living DHA and BAHRIA is number 1 all over the Pakistan for living purpose every thing is on your door step but it’s very sure zone 2 is very good for future investment regards.

As far as living standards are concerned no doubt DHA and Bahria are superior but since long DHA remained under 10 million and its only now thst a 50 90 ctossed 10 millions. So I would also support converting one of DHA into B17. In addn I would also request you to consider/compare the prices of d12 and e11 50 90 which are in 25-30 millions. A plot in cda does not have an upper limit whereas the remaing two woyld get capped at a specific limit. As far as building a house is concerned that should be dictated by you pattern of job traveling and activities by your family members, if they r spread over that side of yhe twin cities then the southern schemes would be suitable for construction otherwise if your family tilt is towards isb then B17 is also good and eventually after completion of margalla Ave it will suit u.

@ aamer sb…Sir the quality of living which dha is providing will make the plots of dha even grow more and they deserve to get more expensive due to its quality…And another boom will also come when the projects like wtc etc will get functional. Btw gone are the days when people used to trust cda…We can see a perfect example of failure when the d-12 and e-12 plots were previously announced.

I think still there is lot of capacity in b-17, no doubt DHA and baheria have good standards in all aspects but in next 5 years B-17 will also be a very good place to live.

Saadi sb I have absolutely no disagreement with you as far as performance of CDA is concerned and I will never defend them, however I m sure you will support me in praising the multi professionals. Please do not get carried away with the performance of DHA also I know some gery authentic insight they are not what they used to be. DhA valley is is one example. Believe me they have also handed over their controls to some real estate tycoons.

Yes sir i agree that multi has its own status in real estate industry…Sir actually DHA cannot give their control to anybody because army is the strongest and most respected institution of pakistan and if there was any story of giving their controls to any other party then top military brass would never have constructed their houses in dha1 and dha2…

Saadi sab…well said… DHA is a well reputed housing society and it cant be compared with B 17…for living. Yes for investment purpose B 17 was a good option…i am saying ‘‘was’’ because due to good job done by Multi officials…prices of B 17 are at the peak now…all those who invested 4-6 months back…they were really benefited… However…this is not a suitable time to buy in B 17…prices are at peak.

Sir no doubt that dha is well reputed departement but same with multi they launched almost 5 projects in which they deliver in 3 projects they are ready for construction standards are good so both options are good options.

Saadi sahib I agree with u. But I would certainly high light the poor guys who were alloted plots in dha 2 extn. I may say that they went through a bad patch in rwp and are recovering. But have badly been affected by development of bahria all arround them. Must also consider the recent upward trend of some BRASS construct ing their houses in top bahria locations and the no is quite considerable. But anyways DHA has always been a great place to live and will still be however investment venture? ??? I would still recommend B 17 for comparative quick gains. Bluedoctor although the prices are high but dont expect them to be coming down they may seize for a while but shoot up again. See what were the prices in E11 and D12 about 4 years back and where they have reached now. I m sure in times to come B17 will be 75-80 % of these sectors with MA completion. And by future I mean 4 years at the max. In 2010 I bought 60 90 in B block for 21 and now it is for 110. So as someone in this forum said it still have a lot of juice to squeeze. You may be late but not too late.

For investment and future living I would recommend b-17. As when the society gets fully built up then it would be ideal time to live or sell. Hence why I say for future living and investment. If you want to buy for personal living then would recommend DHA plainly to local vicinity to local amenities. Your best of exploring yourself and finding out which you would prefer!

Dha/ bahria is good for living now but after five years B 17 will be the best place. Very close to Zone 1 and still have better development standards like E-11, First preference of people of KPK and attock, openieng of airport in Zone 2 and shifting of GHQ to E-10 could be the factors which will push prices. Like nobody in 2000 can imagine E-11 will trouch 4 crore in 13 years similarly will be the case of B-17

@ m.imran..Sir you are so optimistic about b-17.I think you have a very large chunk of investment there.. =).. One liner:B-17 is a good place just for investment..DHA and BAHRIA has its own status and no society can match and beat them.And you cannot compare any zone 1 sector with B-17 no matter how close they are.E sector has its own impact in real estate market of twin cities and you simply cannot compare both of the sectors.Shifting of ghq to E-10 is just a rumour like rawat airport..Proposal has been presented for the last 10 years but they cannot move ghq..GHQ is and will be in SADDAR..Gentry makes the society and gentry which is living in bahria and dha will never move to B-17..