Property tax on comercial of bahria town phase 8 rawalpindi

Property tax imposed on bahria town phase 8 comercial rawalpindi has anybody else got the notice from excise and taxation? Its not we should not give the tax its about how these government department work to pressurize the people. Given notice on 22 feb and i am asked to give tax on 29th feb without any delay. Is this how the gov works so disappointed.

This is what happens when you sell state land (KHI, P8 etc. etc.) to private developer like for sh*t cheap tag, state will extort the money out of blood and sweat of it’s people…

Bad for end buyers …

But i don’t know what is the legal way of action as no prior notice was given to us by since 2015.why they have not given us warning letters before.

Abbasi sab, you will have a little time before they actually start taking action. I think about a month. Additionally, if I remember correctly, you can also usually get it broken down into installments by visiting the local excise office. I don’t know if there is any specific rememdy but, if nothing else, you could actually petition either the local or high courts as a last resort.

Thanks Ali for the information we are collectively hiring a professional who will guide us through the law as we are all willing to pay the tax which is due on us however we will not pay the tax which is unjustified. Unfortunately same matter could have been handled in public friendly manner but the way our government department works its a pressure and mental torture tactics what a shame.
i will keep on updating the forum members about this issue so that all of us can benefit from this and pay the legal tax what we need to pay.

Sir, incompetent idiots are in power everywhere in Pakistan, there is no doubt about that and that is why Pakistan is where it is.

And yes, I look forward to know how you tackle this. It should be informational and, perhaps, helpful to all of us at some point.

Are the Tax s applicable on commercial properties only or they are imposed on residential properties as well.