Residential vs commercial

I am planning to shuffle my residential rented property to commercial property(shop) for rent.

Is it good decision for long term investment to invest in commercial instead of residential?

Which rented property appreciate higher residential or commercial?My range is 7 million pkr.

Expert opinion required.

Commercial is better in terms of rental income. Also has beneficial because of low maintainence…

@Fahad Azhar

Thank you for your answer.

What about appreciation?Does commercial appropriate greater as compared to residential?

A KUFFARA(kafir) Aunty ji, Clara Barton, says

" EVERYBODY BUSINESS( Residential plots, Rice, Wheat flour, Daal, Channa) is no body business, and NO BODY BUSINESS( Commercial plots, New ideas,etc) is my BUSINESS"

Ilyas Bhai,

I can see you have good experience in commercial plots, can you advise which one from below mentioned you recomend for good rental income and appreciation in future, with reason.

Phase 8 Hub commercial - what about if head office moved to block A as expected, will it drop down.

Phase 8 Business District commercial - on installment of 3 years.

Phase 8 Sector E commercial.

Overseas 5 commercial

Mumtaz or Top City aunties.

Any thing else in simialr range to above mentioned if you think are more better and i missed above.

Many Thanks in advance

Roora, i will reply you in detail…

Dear Sohail Khan,

Above options

Overseas 5 commercial

Mumtaz City

Add one University town and B-17 E or F block.

Regards

Sohail Khana roora , I have already two commercial units in Hub commercial phase 8..... The rates are too low now days.... rates have dropped too much as compared to 2013..... You can build plaza and rent it out easily..... i still want to buy two more plots if i have money....... you can enjoy the rent immediately and future appreciation will depend Rawalpindi Ring Road.......... In Hayatabad 5 marla residential plot is for 1 caror and Normal average commercial plot in hub commercial is for 1 caror..... as per my belief The head office shifting will do no damage to hub commercial as the market is getting matured there......

( 800 $ shoes was displayed in a beautiful shelf and EVERYBODY was running to buy it...... AFTER FEW DAYS, the price of the SAME shoes was decreased to 50 $ and was displayed in the same shelf....... VERY FEWS were coming to buy it).................

Business District is not bad and she is neighbor to Hub commercial but i do not know the prices there to compare it.............

Sector E: she is very good but you can not rent it out immediately and she is purely connected to RRR..... and She got beautiful location in phase 8 main road..........

I do not know about overseas........

Mumtaz aunty would be better as she got ground plus four 5 marla commercials........

B 17 sector E or F as proposed by Nadeem sahib

You need to visit all these places yourself and try to get good located plot in commercial......

Is 1.6 crore for a 1125 sqft or 5 marla fair price?

Hub Commercial, Bahria Town Phase 8 - Safari Valley

It is 2nd to Blvd & Corner.

Please advise.

Also what are the average rents of these units?

B-17 Block E 40x65 commercial is for 3.35 crores. Not many people are living in E block. F block is about same price and again no one living there I wonder what would one do with it after building it as no one will come to rent it.

Excuse my short sightness, never invested in commercials before

Ty Phoon

I told before and I am repeating my own experience. Phase-8 Overseas-5 is speaking up loud!
We are constructing a commercial in overseas-5. Up till now no activity onsite as BT's long official steps: Possession, drawing submission, structural engineer's drawing, then Architect fonda…..balh blah ...then construction work.
But the whole plaza is fully booked already.
Come in phase-8 commercials inside populated clusters, you will never lose. Just take your time and drive all the way up to sector P in BT Pindi, you will see another city inside the city....phase-8 is very very big, sir and people are constructing like crazy... that's where commercial's fate is only shining as phae-8 is developing not squarely but from everywhere.
Sir, after a long and tiring research, we came to know that if commercials are built in populated areas of a nice townships, gains are much better than overseas investments.
Not only commercials, for example, now a one Kanal plot in block P is around 50 lacs: Think of its price after RRR? 1 crore, I would say!
Allah Knows Best

I agree with AQ sab.Phase-8 is developing very fast.Overseas-5 one of best choice in commercial because of around area.
B-17 E and F commercial is very expensive if you compare with Phase-8 and Hub commercial.
Ty Phoon is right Safari valley is 80% populated and at the moment construction at peak in whole phase-8.
According to dealers B-17 have a chance to get enterchange and other hand MA is on the way.It may reason of expensive E and F block.Both area have a advantages one side MA and other hand RRR.Let's see in future.
Regards

AQ as usual thank you for the feedback, i never have invested in BT, so my question is in BT Phase 8 where should I invest and whats the avg price of a 5 marla commercial?

Dear Ty Phoon

Sir, I usually post out of my own experience or my friends’ business outcome, if they ever allow me, to post here.
As you know much better than me that making commercials inside a packed house cluster never fails on re-sale or on good rental income.
ROI is based on both being calculative and intuitive:
Regarding being intuitive, RRR demarcation has been done and pretty soon work will start putting the whole phase-8 in highlight once again.
That means the more you are away from GT road, the less distance towards RRR entrance, making your investment more fruitful.
Being calculative, the house clusters to be visited and seen on ground and then decide to put money on commercials.
Overseas is my best pick but the commercial plots were sold at sky high prices, people lost millions in high time but now after a legitimate correction, the cost is bearable. You need at least 2.5-3 crores to get in business. That will be plot price.
Actually, the sale of only basement and a 1st floor can BEAR THE COST of the whole 6 story plaza and other levels is profit but LOCATION, LOCATION AND LOCTION!
The small plot right inside houses away from main business centers are equally good and small plots need small money for construction, choice at yours!
In big commercials, you buy ONLY plot and build with CUSTOMER’S MONEY. You get down payments and give installment schedule to the shops/flats/ office buyers. You have to have flow of money otherwise on late handover, you might face legal proceedings!

There are numerous places in phase-8 where you can invest but visit overseas, especially sector-5, where return on a commercial plaza is always promising.
Meet people, visit our office and get info without any obligation, check rents/resale on the built up properties before buying. If you are successful to get a partner who is well versed with Ali Rias or with MR, aap ki panchoun unglian ghee main aour sur karhahi main!

Disclaimer:
I am not a promoter of MR or AR, it is just a write up purely for business point of view.
Is kaam main koiee bhee doodh ka dhula huwa naheen hay!

Abdul Qayuum Sahab , what do you say about phase 8 Block G. The part close to Umar block ZAID BIN HARIS ROAD. Your advise .10 marla plot for living or investment ROI

Roora sok shta.

I want to invest 7million in commercial property either i go for DHA valley commercial or go for BT for better return in future at least 3 to 5 year

2.5-3 cr for plot size?

Whats the price of a 5 marla plot and the approximate rent? Im interested in buying and renting out the whole thing.

Nadeem sahb, Margalla avenue is nowhere to be seen no news of it in the near future?

How about bahria enclave commercial?

Ammar Sb
The thump rule:
*The commercial plot ought to be located inside the thick populated area. Even the place like Ghaouri town the commercials are yielding lucrative profits.
There must be a township where you do not have to deal with the “Haram Khore” property taxation mafia!
Now in BTs & DHAs and some other developments, you do not have that headache, it may start though the way corrupts baboos in the government have already tried to bring them in tax net without providing any service from the govt, except that property happened to be in Pakistan!.

Ty Phoon sb
Your query needs the answer as much correct as humanly possible as you are putting your hard earned cash. Let me check specifics please/