Saqlain mushtaq heights

I am interested in buying 2 bed flat at saqlain mushtaq heights. Can any one who lives or has updates around bahria hamlets area, how this project is going at the moment in terms of their progress and whether this will be worth buying there to live? In 3/4 years when these are completed? Also how good is reputation of developers?

I would only be able to answer the following part, as quoted.

"whether this will be worth buying there to live? In 3/4 years when these are completed?"

The developers in such societies are almost bound to deliver (at-least the basic structure and facilities) that they have promised mainly due to the competition and regulations by the housing society.

If I recall correctly, they are offering somewhere between 6000 to 7000/sq. ft.

- For living, rent, future sale prospects, earlier phases of BT can be more attractive as they are fully developed + nearest to the main stream cities. They are mostly being offered on full payment.

- For installments, future investments and possible living, I believe in the bracket of 6000 to 7000/sq. ft. apartments in Gulberg Greens can be more attractive. Location + locality of the apartments (greenery and view) inside GG and its future potential.

To me BT phases/area beyond P-6 are attractive for houses and future but for apartments I would rate GG way better than P-7/P-8 or that adjoining area mainly due to the prospects of travel time from mainstream RWP/ISB and the greenery.

All the best for whatever you may purchase!

* These are based on personal views and people can happily disagree in case something vital has been missed out.

Dear Imtiaz,

Many thanks, is there any direct link for Gulberg green apartments with installments, I couldnt find on their main website (it details houses etc but not apartments), Thank you again

Regards

Samra,

in Gulberg commercial are mainly at three distinct locations. Brief views as below, rest probably you can google up their precise location and proximity.

Why I would prefer GG is because of Telenor HQ there, MBF group planning to open their Hospital and other developments like Marriott/Avari going there soon (expectedly). That possibly leads to more demand for living, renting and sale purchase. The biggest plus is the location!

1. Gulberg Expressway - Main commercial quite developed, mostly on lump sum (one example Gulberg Samama). The downside is that due to main area and nearer to road can be noisy and busy and rental yield may be less compared to relative investment.

2. Gulberg Business Square - Under developed but some promising projects, on installments, quieter area, economical prices and same locality to be enjoyed that is offered to the Farm Houses. It can take 3 - 4 min extra on a drive from entry gate of GG. Some project almost getting ready for occupation as soon as all installments paid.

3. Commercial of Gulberg Residencia - just started so prices can be most economical but may take more time to shape up and more away from the greener and quieter part of GG.

As a personal recommendation, search up for apartment projects in Gulberg Business Square. That seems better with locality and prices on installments. I myself have some investments in one of the project there because I liked the pricing, pace of development and future prospect (I believe so, only time can prove though).

Write here, if you may need some more information on that, will be happy to share. One suggestion would be to research a bit on that, if you like to, and than visit to see for yourself. At first, avoid approaching them directly as they will demand printed price of 7000/sq. ft. Instead, some reliable dealer can be consulted who can take his commission but can help with striking a deal at lower price probably somewhere between 6200 to 6500/sq. ft. The more the project is developed, sooner the possession but may cost more on installment.

I approached directly but they quoted higher and when I went through a dealer I had to pay some commission but overall saved decent bit of amount in total.

Dear Imtiaz sahab,

Sir how about buying a 5 or 7 marla plot in Gulberg residencia early block say Block A for investment or for future living .how u see the prospects .

Mubashir sb,

Go for 7 Marlas, with possession or near to possession. I guess 5 Marlas are just files and may take long time to get mature.

GR has a great potential due to it location and standard of development. Only slight issues was and to some extent is the possessions. Gulberg Management was mainly focused on developing Gulberg Greens and acquiring land so that kept Gulberg Residencia being less developed comparatively.

Now GG quite developed with lots of commercials and apartments and some multi-nationals moving in GR has also gathered pace for development and constructions. A week or so ago in Block A many 1 Kanal plots have been granted the possession via advertisement in the news paper along with Plot Numbers.

The Time seems to be right and early blocks A to E have god location. Try to go for:

- 7 Marlas rather than 5
- Possession or near to possession

Things have been a bit slow but now development is at a reasonable pace and possessions being granted. GR has a very good future ahead in terms of personal living, renting out or the investment.

Imtiaz sb suggestion is very promising on GG investment as it is comparatively near to the capital and gaining value additions all the time.
With best regards to Imtiaz sb’s learned analysis, GR is a bit different, will take time, does have full blown villages inside and some village-residents are refusing to vacate in Residentia!
Taji Khokhar is no more around and even he would, things have been changed dramatically, land mafia is under fire and good precedence is being set by SC. It seems ruling mafia is somewhat incapacitated to put finger where not supposed to.
GG is expensive (apartments are not) but will be sure leader among sister developments in future and there is no doubt about it.
I can make myself worthy of some help on Saqlain Mushtaq heights as my partner is running JVs with Saqlain.
Hamlet is now DHA and SMH has already launched 3 towers which have been mostly sold, only few apartments are left for selling.
SMH are offering state of the art facilities and some of them being exclusive in the whole phase-8, so far.
GG is IH way thing and does have better place in horse race but with future RRR, Hamlet has its own significance, being well connected to the zone-2 and Pindi corporate sector is visibly bigger than the capital’s one and that’s where Pindi bound DHAs are gaining steadily.
I would like to reiterate my very personal experience:
We have just launched a 6 story commercial tower in overseas near BT’s new central office and the whole 1st floor has already been booked and still we are in paper work with DHA-3.

Thanks AQ sb for your input in this and the valuable insights! Your views are highly appreciated sir.

I would like to share my preference for Gulberg over BT Phase 7/8 and adjoining areas ('a general term used to refer to that part of BT/DHA etc.') based on a few points as below.

** A. Location:

The classical view that value of property depends on 3 factors (1. Location, 2. Location, 3. Location). In the modern era, we can say its Location + Development Standard (Prime Example can be B-17 where location in the context of Mainstream city is not that good but development standard is so that sells!).

For people commuting to work/education to ISB (E to I series sectors) from Gulberg or BT, Gulberg can be way more accessible, convenient and faster. Plus avoiding that big and messy chunks of traffic on the GT road. Rawalpindi Ring Road (RRR) for sure will help BT-P8 and that area big time with its access to the area in the locality of the new airport but with virtually minimal to no impact of RRR on the downtown ISB (particularly prime series of F to I sectors - where most of the business/health/educational/civic institutes/activities are for the time being and also for a distantly foreseeable future).

As an example,
- Zero-Point to BT-P8 and adjoining area (depending on route) is: 31 to 37 km -- 41 to 48 min

- Zero-Point to Gulberg and adjoining area (depending on route) is: 17 to 20 km -- 17 to 23 min (that too on a straight line, Islamabad Expressway)

** B: Prices (apartments/sq.ft.)

Approximately the same (on Avg.) for apartments in SMH and lets say any random project in GG.

** C: Locality & Facilities

I take AQ sb view with full confidence on SMH and its features. I would like to add the bits on apartments in GG (particularly the area in Business Square) where the apartment residents can enjoy the same locality, commercial, greenery, security and facilities that are offered to farm House Resident (who pay 30 million to 100 million for a farm house). To me that is a big plus!

** D. Residencia Development:

Residencia Development in the past and to some extent even now has been slow for sure. The main reason was that Gulberg Management was mainly focused on developing Greens and acquiring more land for Residencia. In recent months, possessions have been granted in a number of blocks of Residencia (e.g., Block A last week) and other blocks have possession too but still a big part needs to be developed. Residencia's own commercial is shaping up with some commercials being launched. Yes there are villages in some part of Residencia that need to be vacated. It would be good to be safe than to be sorry for later. BT and BE did acquire land rapidly (especially in PPP govt.) but that haste is backfiring now across, unfortunately from BE to BT-KHI and BT-P8 (demolitions and repossession by state). Residencia is slow for sure in acquisition but it would be good to do it properly and avoid later night mares for the common people and their constructed properties.

Land Acquisition can be a very challenging and slow process. As soon as the residents realise that their land will be purchased their demands can sky rocket. So sometimes even if only 10 Kanal out of 1000 Kanal is left for purchase, the developer will try not to deploy even a single machine on that 9990 kanal of purchased land as that will make negotiations for purchase of rest of 10 kanals from locals a nightmare...

** The above views are just an alternative view, rather than any explicit comparison between the two or more options!

Aoa, Imtiaz sb, can u name any reliable apartment/ commercial project in business square. Regards

Salam Faisal,

just to put things in perspective for Business Square with a few images below.

Access
https://ibb.co/1qF7JQH

Aerial View
https://ibb.co/3s6wLGq

** There are some, like Roshan Heights, Falcon Heights, Gulberg Emporium etc. You can zoom in google maps to see all available for yourself too.

To me, I like Gulberg Emporium because its the very first on entrance corner, speedy construction and view of the Greens. (some projects may have opposite side view).

** I generally prefer not to name any specific project, rather focus on the location society. I have named a few since you explicitly asked for them. Some fellow forumers, may already consider me I-16 or CBR-2 fanboy... I would not like GG to be added to that list too :)

Sundays can allow the luxury to add more details to the posts!

Well said Imtiaz Sb.
I personally like Greens from the realms of my heart for the very reasons, you talked about, sir.
Actually, I still have craze for the farm houses in GG but not able to steal from my running ventures!
My points is: There is a lot of clientele out there having no preference commuting to the capital.
As I said before, Pindi business activity is much larger in volume than Islamabad plus I know Islamabad families visiting Pindi markets on regular basis for the week end or out of routine shopping.
All points, you mentioned, sir, stand on genuine footing and worked out sensibly.
I was querying G-16 development from a responsible & well connected person and surprised to listen that if they speed up G-16 development, people will raise the land prices: That point of yours is fully justified, too.
Actually, right or wrong, I also tag any development's success by, as you rightly said location + quality, the rate of construction activity.
Pindi DHAs/BTs are much ahead on this tagging!
I regularly visit these offices and suffocate due to the rush in offices. I think that, too, is a value addition to any development.

Thanks AQ sb for your generous invitation. For sure, that will be a pleasure to catch-up sometime, soon!

Above all, best wishes for the new office and all related activities.

Agreed AQ sb! points valid and legitimate

Just little bit to add, the under developed BTs have good potential, and for some reasons when they are bound to rise some blunder/glitch of the BT system emerges that may not impact the prices big time but a panic among the market to slow the proceedings.... Unfortunately.

Unfortunately, the very reasons that BT despite having the potential, get steps backward after it takes any step forward...

Zardari and Omni groups, Bahria Town barred from trading properties under investigation

https://www.dawn.com/news/1453347

جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ: زرداری، اومنی اور بحریہ گروپ کی جائیداد کی منتقلی پر پابندی

https://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan-46671830

This is very bad news, Imtiaz Sb.
But having some 15,000 employees and one of the best admin controlled body by high ranked retired brass and Judges and top talented professionals, Bahria town will be here to stay!
I am not a promotor of MR at all and am direct affectee of the decision but find myself hard to believe that BT is over or is not able to get out of this trouble!
There is 1000 billion, SC wants to take from MR’s pocket and that money is just peanut for him and ultimately, He has to pay to keep his golden hen alive. Who wants to kill a golden hen which lays a golden egg each day?
When people sits at power vehicle, become successful is manipulating for years and years, make break governments, it is quite natural that they think themselves not less than a sacred cow.
That is exactly what is happening with Nawaz, Zardari and the whole flock!
They did not think even in their dreams that one day they would be held accountable in their life spans!
MR in shock, like other flock, and when he would sit think the aftermath, he would do what is supposed to be done.
Bahria town will stay either with Bahria’own domain or with Cantt or with RDA or with DHAs. Already DHA has taken a lot of Bahria phase-8 under its control.
In fact for some people, this is best time to buy in developed Bahria as none of the private developed societies on the face of Pakistan’s earth is clean. Few examples can be quoted, though, such as AWT and some other in twin cities.
Even in Gulberg/IH, some 4,000 Kanal land is in dispute, case is filed against Haji Nawaz Khokhar since a decade and files are being fed with dust in the dark court room’s archives!
There is bad time for investors of BT, may stay for year or two, but In Shaa Allah, loss would find its way to MR’s pocket not with the plot/house owners in near future.
For the investors who want to double their money in weeks/months, this is worst news, of course!

Dear Abdul Qayyum,

I think it will effect only BTK because there is some land issues with MDA and links with Zardari group.
Regards

Dear AQ,
Please watch this up to end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3D_8Kfv4E
Regards

Dear Nadeem Bhai
Will sure watch
Come visit our office once in Pakistan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0MACgeXBE5amd6NlNVaWRJWUsxdE16Wi1UZVJPVllLXzRn/view?usp=drivesdk

Sure i will visit on my next vacation inn sha Allah.

Regards

Agreed AQ sb with almost all your point! Thanks for sharing the image, I assume the graceful gentleman in the photo to be you?

Just an addition, that part of that flock is also in the sitting Govt (implicitly & explicitly) with the very basic examples like Aleem Khan, JKT, Pervaiz Elahi etc. All that sounds rosy may have consequences of power struggle in the future for example Park View City etc. but I hope nothing to affect the common people and their legitimate money.

The way our Judicial/Political/Establishment System has worked in the past and is working with agenda-driven decision(s) is no secret but lets leave that discussion for some other socio-political thread...

- Bahria Turbulent Times - The Stock Market Similarity
For sure, BT possessed and legitimate part will have less heat felt out of this (considering the overall picture). The problems are that Pakistani real estate with features of stock market where project at times fall or rise in the market based on news. Such news if nothing else just send somehow negative vibes across general public who do not get into the technicalities.

Whether its MRs leaked interview, BT-KHI issues, Takht Pari or whatever MRs mischievous acts, BT is his power hub and that gets tainted at the cost of slow markets, speculations and concern for the investor/end buyer. An example, that just 1 year ago the people who very excited to exchange their property anywhere in Pakistan with BT property now ask questions and show concerns in doing so. All safe on papers and as per law but it just the negative vibes that emerge even if it has to do something with MRs personal issues.

- Legality and Land Issues
The time has come that state must act fairly and with consistency. You cannot attract foreign investment, unless you have consistency of decision and policies. I mean why not ask the respective (CD/RD/LD/etc.) authorities to be also accountable because all such projects were and are executed with a green signal of respective authorities that represent the Govt. I mean even a small TUCK shop has a better policy than our govt. when it switches hands between different buyers/stakeholder (to protect customers/citizens). What is the fault of the common people who invested by verifying all OK for the govt. and when the new govt. comes in all that was good became a black spot.

Take over Bahrias or hang MR, doesn't matter, just ensure state citizen's do not suffer due to state blunders. For example, the current Punjab Speaker guy Pervaiz Elahi is a prime suspect in handing over forest land. Would the SC bother to hunt him down...?

* SC summons ex-CM Pervaiz Elahi in Bahria Town case
https://www.dawn.com/news/1449305

* What about the Ghauri Town? Are we again waiting that for CDA's and Mafia's corruption to be paid off by the common people with their life time savings.

CDA unseals ‘illegal’ housing society
https://www.dawn.com/news/1346054

*Why not SC treats all the same and so much supportive in regularizing, even the illegal in Bani Gala?

Bani Gala regularisation: CDA says 75% of structures need to be demolished
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1871476/1-bani-gala-regularisation-cda-says-75-structures-need-demolished/

The world has moved on to a system where countries can run for effectively almost 2 years without a govt. and state moving on even with the Govt./Admin. shut down.

--------------
* Fun Fact: Belgium owns world record for longest period without a government.

https://brussels-express.eu/fun-fact-belgium-owns-world-record-longest-period-without-government/

* US government shutdown could extend into January
https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/us-government-shutdown-could-extend-into-january/news-story/1c527395b7227528737a5951545d7c4f
----------

Here in 2018, any religious/political/organizational leader can bring a crowd on the street to parallelise our system and state. Same like a street criminal that is being nourished to be a Don and Mafia and than Govt. goes after him/her when common people investment/interests on stake.

Unfortunately, in no times state will be on a honey-moon travel with these Mafias only at the expense of common people sufferings...