Seeking guidance for investment

Asalam o alikum all experts, I want to seek your expert guidance on where to invest in Islamabad / Rawalpindi for residential or commercial plot?

My budgets and requirements are as follows:

I can pay up to rs.500,000 as down payments along with up to rs. 200,000 (quarterly installment).

Plots of 5, 8 or 10 marla

This is my life's first property investment, so I want to go for low risk and secure options.

Thank you all in advance for your guidance and kind responses.

Dear Moeez
Buy 2 plots each 5 marla residential in DHA-3, serene city.
Take category plots. You will get possession after 25% payment.
3 years payment plan Down payment: 20 lacs.
You will buy from DHA office:
UAN: 111 555 400
Sale extension: 1137, 1381, 1258, 1244
In Shaa Allah within 2-3 years, you will get good return.
These plots are located near GT road and after RRR, prices will rise. Cannot tell how much but never be the same or less than your buyout.

Abdul Qayuum Sir,

Moiz is asking investment options with 5 lakhs downpayment and 70k monthly installment onwards.

Don’t buy anything that is priced in pak rupees. Buy or keep US dollars. Rupee will devalue more than the price of your investment will appreciate. Thus you will earn more in rupees by keeping dollars, plus that is as safe as can be. My 2 cents.

@Abdul Qayyum

Our Guru is a RIch man and always give an expensive option. We need a Poor man GURU :) :)

Sorry Gents!
Blame my eyesight reading/replying from my mobile!
Regarding being expensive, I can reply:
In DHA-2, the less attractive part of it, the old commoners town which was acquired by DHA after development, narrow roads, narrow drain lines, water issues...A 5 marla is hard to find and if your found one....Price is Rs 75 lacs minimum!
Again sorry for my misread message!
Moeez SB.
In you budget some Pindi societies could be suggested but the problem with RDA....
Today it is legal
Tomorrow illegal
Day after again legal......
Problem is not only RDA side, these tiny societies offering cheap plots, never give what was promised!

• Secure (File-based) = NOC + Land Acquired + Ongoing Development

• Down Payment & Installment = 5 lac & 60k+/month

• Realistic Size = 5 Marlas (25x50 or 25x45)

My picks that satisfy the above-mentioned 3 requirements with some +/- factor for premium being asked on files.

• CBR-2 (next to I-16 and Thalian Interchange), Total = 15 lac+

• Graceland Housing (Main Fateh Jhang Road near new Airport), Total = 19 lac+

• Capital Smart City (Chakri Road), Total = 20 lac+

• Alharam City (Chakri Road), Total = 10 lac+

Worth a check on 5 Marla Gulberg Residencia and MPCHS B-17 Block G Files. Not exactly in 5 lac range but close enough (excluding any premium demand)
    ------------
    Secure & Economic aspects of real estate are mostly inversely proportional, as a file/asset becomes less economical it starts to get more secure (speaking in general terms).

**Personal Pick subject to corrections, in case some obvious has been missed.

Imtiaz sb is sure right in his sense but I have been witnessing some of the societies closely for the last at least 2 decades.
Graceland is on my way to my native place: They took 25 solid years to complete only the main entrance gate. Now files of this 30 years old societies to be bought with a real consideration of their past performance!
Al-Haram extension is under dispute of chaodries of that area. May be now some parts are cleared but caution must be exercised especially on files, not solid plots!
Gulberg residentia no doubt could prove better but when it comes to FILES, .........There are full blown villages not ready to vacate to give possession to gulberg. Here plot is thicken!!!
Gulberg is only good for Green. Residentia solid plots are better of course.
But files if village areas are dangerous!

True AQ sb! some of the factors for long stagnation are as follow. If we take Graceland and alike projects as an example:

- Graceland, Top City, ICHS etc. were initiated long ago (so many cooperative societies share the same fate). Their cashing-out time arrived with or prior to inauguration of the New Airport. Now the value of the area has increased and enough plots have been sold so development work is at quite decent stage. Same goes with lots of of alike societies.

Graceland: I guess Sector A, B with possession and construction in progress after electrification and Gas MoU. Other blocks with ongoing development are on installments with later possession. Land is all available with developer, as per their claim. It can take decades to come to real potential for a project and can be developed in a just few yrs, once land is clear. After the take-off, cruise can be faster and smoother.

Alharam Extension is never the way to go, at-least for now. I guess some block named Daniyal or Harmain having clear land, beside possessed and constructed area. Construction allowed right at the time of booking 20% approx.

On the other end, Phase 8 extension that was once considered as a monster of an investment in terms of growth is now dormant for almost half a decade!

Moeez SB.
Imtiaz sb has knowledge much more than me.
You can go for files but before you buy filed/certificates, bear in mind that re-mapping is in the making. Normally re-ballot is highly likely after more land is possessed and you never know where your plot will be ultimately located?
What I am now suggesting is a solid plot at solid place and to do that, I can suggest you the following as per my little knowledge:
With yours hard earned money, you can opt for a solid 5 marla plot with on ground possession in the city of " Fateh Jang" inside the " Baladia" jurisdiction.
Being near to the new airport, Fateh Jang is seeing a huge rise in property lately.
Also CDA re-zoning is written on the wall and Fateh Jang is the best candidate being located right in the edge of CDA property, IF NOT INSIDE CDA ITSELF.
Capital is now going beyond sector 17 in near future!
Now in Fateh Jang, societies are being established and some of them with boundary walls and civil amenities.
Here you can get a good 5 marla, may be even bigger, plot solid on land...no files and no certificate.
I suggest you to visit local dealers and buy a plot there. One of the good societies, Is " Al-Akram" society if I am not wrong on the name spelling!

Re-zoning has already been done and new city limits of Islamabad has been marked all over after re-measurements ordered by supreme court. You can see 4 feet BURJEES all over marked by CDA. Anything outside those marking is part of Punjab.

Any link JDM sb ?

You can search it up online, but seen it on-ground myself those brand new BURJEES have been built and erected by CDA all over city limits even in the remote areas around barakahu, simly dam and also in B-17, F-17, G-17 areas.

JDM sb

Talk of the town is: CDA will expand limits beyond sector 17?

Musafar/Imtiaz all others who think IK govt is on the verge of failure!

Yes, low performance, in capacitated ministers...…you said, I got it!

Dear Gents:
When you make a shirt, you ought to put buttons!
All of us are making best shirts in the way we please! Where are buttons?
Do we have any option readily available to run Pakistan., do you need again Z & N ?
Let us see his budget and then keep ourselves busy in making colorful shirt!
Dollar slide:
When you talk of “Madina like welfare state”, Do you think Rs will make wonders for you?
Kill brother Muslims, work for USA in whatever modality defined for you, Fight with Iran….You will get dollar at Rs. 85 in one go!
Imran is talking what no one talked of since Pak inception. He has more enemies in side not outside!
Do you really think dollar slide is not from N & Z cartel? … If you do, I am sorry, the informed people such as all of you, are making points on numbers but neglecting the “on ground realities” at the same time!
20 Billions $ will be back or not but Imran will never let them go if He has authority to do so?
If NAB performs in the way, it should, you will see N & Z will prefer paybacks versus jail?

Thank you so much for your kind responses. Special thanks to "Imiyaz Sb" and "Abdul Qayum Sb" for your expert guidance.
In light of your suggestions, I came to the conclusion that I should invest in solid plots if I want to go for secure options. But as per current budget, I can look for files options for the below-mentioned societies.
- CBR 2
- Graceland
- Al Haram
- Capital Smart City

Imtiyaz Sb I have further questions

- CBR 2, I saw a notice of RDA in May 2019 regarding CBR 2 to declared it as illegal, what is your opinion about it?
- CSC, It's on ground development is near to zero and plot prices seems overvalued, what do you say?

Thank you all.

Moeez sb,

Being illegal is at different levels, i.e.,

(1) Illegal on encroached land (Big No),
(2) Legal Land but Illegal Construction (Regularization Needed),
(3) Legal Land but needs Planning Permission etc (Needs Approval of Planning) to get the NOC refreshed from respective authority (RDA/CDA)

You can see in list below, all big names including Bahria Town, Capital Smart CBR-2 are either illegal or under processing.

Technically, NOC and respective legality is granted based on acquired land and permission of planning that has been granted for that land. Once new land is purchased and new blocks/sectors launched, it requires Fresh Planning Permission etc. Until the permission is granted sometimes for full or sometimes different/some blocks need NOC.

Smart City and CBR-2 are at same stage. Their NOCs are on their website and with new land they need fresh NOC.

CBR-2 location, pricing, with moderate development speed.

CSC, soon to be merged with DHA (as per their claim) have good development speed and standard but location is a turn off and priced, as of now.

---------------
Private Housing Societies
http://www.rda.gop.pk/housing-societies/

NOC Phase-II, CBR ECHS, Rawalpindi.
http://www.cbrechs.org.pk/NOC_PII.html

Capital Smart City Islamabad DHA - Location, Map, NOC and Price
http://smartcityisb.pk/

Dear Abdul Moeez,
Go to Chakri and Adiala road in your budget.
1:CSC 5 marla 20+
2:BWC 5 marla 8
3:Al haram City 5+
Just visit and invest.Check development status and access then conform NOC.Most our friends shared Google news so don't believe even me always visit yourself before invest.
Regards

True, Nadeem sb is right. Visit is a must! For the time being I would be cautious about BWC and Alharam files. Possession is a different thing and in a comfort zone.

--------------

Side note - General Terms:

Its not the Google, its where that points to is what matters. If google leads one to an official website what is wrong in that?

Example: If one wants to know the Travel Time and Distance from Point A to Point B.

- Option 1 is Google Maps (estimate travel time and distance with offsets)

- Option 2 is to fire-up the engine, drive to the points (measure of distance meter and clock) and see that in the name of Ground Experience.

Choice is up to the individual. In today's age information has different dimensions, one must simply validate the sources to develop the interpretation, no force feeding - Nothing Less, Nothing More!

Imtiaz sab that's why i told him to visit at the moment most investors trading files with low investment and good return .Where is machinery working and developing good with good access it will give you good return not just brand only.If your developer with good name sure you will get good.
Regards

Agreed Nadeem sb!