Signature when buying property

I would like to know is it safe if one has a weak signature (meaning easy and straight forward) when buying property. Or it does not matter as apart from signature photos, thumb prints etc. Are also taken during transfer procedure. I don’t why i am asking this but my friend has a pretty kid kinda signature and is curious to know whether he should change it or not. Precisely he is not interested in changing it as it would need him to reissue his nadra card with a new signature and would cost him around 10000 rupees as he has the swift id card. Any guidance?

Which property your friend bought???

He hasnt bought but intends to buy

Where he wants to buy???

G-13

I wouldn’t be too worried. It’s very, very difficult to forge someone’s signature on property documents and get away with it. Since most housing societies and projects require the physical presence of both parties at least once during the buying/selling process anyway, there is little chance of things going that badly wrong. But it’s good that your friend is mindful of this possibility. Just tell him to be extra careful. :slight_smile:

In my humble opinion, any society that does not have at least photographic identification of owners could be vulnerable. In a country where cheque frauds are abundant, counterfeit currency notes are hard to detect, forged property documents is not an issue for a determined criminal. That is the game many patwaris are into actually.

Really? Well in that case, extra care should definitely be exercised.

Thanks raza and ibrahim brothers. I just checked with g-13. They require physical presence of both seller and buyer during transfers, they issue photo of allotee on allotment letter and they also take electronic finger prints and thumb impressions before transfer. I think you are right that where such controls are in place it is difficult to forge anything and get away with it. Also g-13 is a cda sector and not a private society so i think signature will not be an issue. What you think?