Soan Garden Islamabad, A Nightmare?

=For all people, who are thinking to buy in Soan Garden==

I got a 10 Marla plot in Soan Garden, Sector E, last year. Before construction --- The map was approved -- The society changed the dimensions (though slight change, but the map was approved by it).

Now see the real nightmare.

It is located near 2 Kanal plots. After I constructed the first storey house, the neighbour (a retied army bureaucrat) object saying, you are doing this doing that, blah blah and the society has divided the 2 Kanal plots into smaller plot ... This is wrong, I will call for stay order.

I did not pay much attention, thinking the society is CDA approved and I have bought plot, possession letter, transfer letter, map approval everything is there.

After Eid, my constructor told me that the neighbour is saying he has taken stay order for construction of this area (4 plots of 10 Marla each). I went to society and asked what is matter with stay order. The society said, yes, he has taken and our lawyer is working on it. I told them, I have single story already there and according to approved map, i can't wait to stay order to be cancelled. They said, in Pakistan legal matter takes time and you should negotiate with the neighbour yourself.

The neighbour's main concern is his house will look bad after these 10 marla plots are constructed and that society has illegally divided the 2 kanal plot into 4 plots of 10 marla. Nonetheless, in that block (on same road, shalimar), many 10 marla houses has been constructed and people are living there.

I lived in England for couple of yrs and it was my first ever construction in Pakistan. What an irony and mockery our system is..?

P.S

Just a real example for people who want to buy here, must think about society management.

Any suggestion please?

With regards,

-Dr. Musi.

I cannot believe this can happen to innocent people wishing to construct their home

I can only say WTF is this?

Aap KA APNA

Crore PATTI

Unfortunately the society is completely inept. I know of map/demarcation related issues before in that society and that was many years before and appears to be still there. So better to sell that plot and move to a more professionally managed society if that is possible now. Peace of mind is a priceless thing.

Dr Sb.

This is horribly wrong.... Can't believe this....

dats the reason people prefer... CDA, Bahria, DHA and Multi..... You will not have such issues...

May Allah help you out in this matter.

Regards

@Mr. Khan…this story depicts one of the grey/darker areas of our society I know many people even CDA, bahria, etc…are not free from these issues…greed and no respect for other’s rights is the issue…we have learned to cry for our rights and do not acknowledge other’s problems…

Million:

I respect ur views.... However, my point of view remains same..

Thanks

Bahria and DHA don't have such headaches,CDA i don't know.

However Dr Musi dilemma is very strange ,why can't the soan garden management solve this issue?? its beyond understanding?

If the management is so incompetent , how could they run this huge society??????

Unbelieveable & pathetic situation. Perhaps these are the reasons why overseas pakistanis prefer to buy in dha or bahria. Peace of mind is really priceless.

Dr. Musi, pls try to get rid of this plot and shift to any other society even if it is on minor loss, if possible. Even if u resolve this stay order issue right now, ur neighbour will not let u live comfortably in this house & ur society management has already proved incompetent to handle any dispute.

Bahria have a history of shifting your plots from developed to undeveloped sectors…how can you get peace of mind in dha valley investment…E-12, I-12, etc of CDA…

Dear Khan saab,

Soan Garden is in CDA approved:

http://www.cda.gov.pk/housing/society.asp?varId=12

Dear Irfan saab,

I have spent like 6M over this project and my parents like the area and thats why I was interested there. I think, if someone got stay order to construct, then I cant sell the plot (society has the stay order)?

Moreover, when I will tell the buyer abt this issue, they vl hesitate to buy anyways?

Thanks

@Cror Pati

This is really sad story abt our system,

the money rules and power rules everything and lust for money and power.

Thanks

Don’t invest in stupid societies.

From Airport Chowk Till Rawat, who asked you to invest in Soan Garden...???

Anyways, very sorry for your loss.

@FCC

The issue is I might not be able to sell, it is like 6M investment there and some of my material is still on the ground to be used for construction.

I agree that peace of mind is everything, but in limited budget upto 10M, i was not able to buy and construct in Bahria 's good location.

How this issue can be solved, as when the map was approved, the map should have gone through CDA office and Assistant Commissioner (I guess).

THanks

@DK

I have the same question, it is quite a big society and approved by CDA

http://www.cda.gov.pk/housing/society.asp?varId=12

Why they gotta have these issues and cant solve them timely?

Who to approach in this matter? Chairman CDA?

Thanks

@Millions

I agreed with you, however, Bahrai and DHA are much better than CDAs e.g. Soan Garden in terms of these issues.

Thanks

I have contacted Chairman CDA and I am going to go society office to sue them using media, ngos, and law.

Lets see how it goes.

@Nasir saab,

I am quite new here and I visited the society and liked the "location", which was looking quite central in near future.

I do remember I had warned some members against purchasing in Soan Garden (May be you).

Few years back when I was there to purchase a 1 Kanal plot, I narrowly missed a "created" plot, which actually wasn't part of the approved map, but society would sell it.

Later the purchaser would suffer getting the Electricity and Gas, water connections, as it was not part of approved society layout!!!

And one unlucky guy constructed his house on such plot, only to see Taji's guy come one day to him and say "You have illegally constructed your home on our land".

Also heared about a beautiful house near main road which was taken on gun point, demolished and converted into commercial plaza!!!