Societies with electricity, gas and water facilities

I am looking into buying plot or flat within societies that have uninterrupted electricity, gas and water facilities. I read in news bahria phase 8 residents have issues of water and lack of security, can anyone update if this is issue?

I would appreciate anyone can list the societies that may not be the best ones but can assure the basic facilities? Thanks

Now in future u will see a lot of issue abt bahria town.but still they are best by giving facilities un intrupted.

Thanks, How DHA compare with bahria town in terms of facilities (electricity, water and gas)?

Dear Samra,
Go to Bahria town which is one of best area for living with all basic facilities.
Depend on your budget if you have 5 to 6 million then 5 marla single story Safari home.
If have 8 to 9 million then 5 marla double story house.
If you have 10 to 14 million then 7 marla house.
If you have 15 to 20 million then 10 marla house.
If you have 3 to 4 million then apartment in spring north.
If you looking plot then go to only Bahria developed area.Both Dha and Bahria are best for living.
Regards

1.Practically

In ISB, for civic amenities (Utility Services + Security) BTs, DHAs and GG + GR, as of now are best available. Such services come at a cost to the customer.

Gulberg has much less population and only partially developed so only time can tell, if they can live up-to the expectations.

2. Realistically

- Electricity: Projects with their own gird stations are self sufficient in this area but electricity units may be expensive.

- Gas: As populations are growing, gas pressures are decreasing as societies depend on SNGPL for gas connections so despite best efforts societies cannot guarantee their optimal availability, even if they are charging for that.

- Water: Serious crisis last summer, regardless of whoever and wherever.

- Security: More population, more problems. The only difference is that in some random places a mobile snatching will be reported as sub-headline in electronic/print media. Unfortunately, a murder in an elite housing society will have media silent and report it without naming the society.

Far off location factor somehow got compensated for BTs and DHAs with the quality of their amenities provisioning but recently things have not been that rosy, as they used to be.

In DHA 2, defense residency (ALG Giga project) have back up generators full time but these are flats. It has no Gas so people are using gas cylinder (Gas may come in next year or so). Water is no issue. The good thing it has multiple option, from 2 rooms to 4 rooms and price ranges from 35 lacks to 150 lacks.

There are some new apartments in process and it is available on installments. I just bought an apartment and it is a worth place to live in.

Thanks all for replies, Aftab Sb, is defence residency under DHA or ALG is managing it independently? How is the quality of reconstruction itself? How do you compare these with apartments in other places like Bahria phase 8 that may be available at similar prices? Do these flats come with dedicated parking as well? (Apologies for too many questions rather than creating new thread). Samra

Bhai if u need utilities then its Bahria and DHA only.

@ Samra.

If location does not bother u then take a look at zarkon heights. Dedicated underground parking with lots of other features. Both ready and installment options are available.

Thanls Naveed,

Zarkon apartments seem more expensive (will be ready in 2022), even more than Saqlain Mushtaq Heights in bahria phase 8 that have more area and will be ready in late 2021?

Worth an explore 'Gulberg Emporium'. 6000 - 7000-PKR/sq. ft.

Out of 7, 6 floor structure completed. On installments. Location and vicinity among the best available.

- Commercial possession in 2019
- Residential Possession starting from 2020

As per the claim of the developer, possession in 2 years and installment plan for 3 years. Some commercial + residential occupied so commitments of developer must be filled. Otherwise they promise to pay a monthly rebate of 10k to 40k (depending on the size of apartment), if the possession goes beyond the promised date.

Hello Ms Samra, It is a worth place to visit once. It is very near to Giga Mall ( some call it Hyper Mart) and managed by the same company.

Ans to ur queirs.

It is managed by ALG, but in the premises of DHA. There are roads connecting both.

Quality of construction is good, specially Block 9 and onward.

• The future is for DHA and Bahria is in problem, I dont think Bahria will manage these current jerks by Judiciary, so avoid Bahria.

• This society has a parking plaza (next to the main Mosque) so you can park ur car there but then u have to have a 1 minute walk. People prefer to park car near their block (in open).

When you will visit, you will be clear.

Also do visit Legnam tower.

My advice, start visiting places and also look for other factors, like schools, shopping areas, security, future etc

Dear Aftab Khattak sahib, you mentioned there is no gas supply in Defence residency apartments, Is there also no gas also in Lignum tower and Defence executive apartments tower which are nearby?. As regards using gas cylinders are these easily available in this area or do you have to go outside DHA phase 2 to get these?.

Aftab Sb, I understand lot of families living in residency flats, in your opinion how good are these flats for families living from long term perspective?