Some State Agents Over Charge Me During A Dealing Of Plot

1. Plot i bought is 25*40 price was 3000000rs.

2. There were two agents evolve, one from my side, and one from saler side.

3. The day we are doing "baiyana" the saler agent charge 50000rs (said this his commission), and the my agent also charge me 50000rs. Rupees. So please i wanna take a legal action against them, because later after plot transfer i realize that i have to give just 1% of that 3000000rs, but actually they charge 3-times more. Please i need advice that how i can start legal proceeding against them.

Dear Mushtaq,

It is very sad to here this. This is a common story in pakistan. Our country is full of looteras and these dealers are the most dishonest and greedy people in our society. Because of their bad behavior and attitude a common man like you and me is always caught in their fraud. Please do take legal action and also let us know what you did so that we can also follow on your footsteps.

Well these matter should be mutually agreed before the deal starts, i do not think so they will admit their mistake now. Plus legal proceeding will also cost you with no grantee.

You had to decide it first before you entered into the deal. You shouldn't have paid anything to the seller's broker as you had your own broker who took 50k from you. Your agent takes commission from you and seller's agent takes commission from seller. Still, it is too late now. They can say you agreed to pay first and actually paid and now you are trying to take your money back. That may not work now.

Agnets charge 1% each from buyer and seller. If more than one agents are involved, still the commision to be paid by buyer and the seller is 1%. Please remember that commission must be paid after the transfer process has completed and not in advance.

Sir all these matters should be decided before deal without any hesitation.You were liable to pay only 1% to your broker…But now justice system of pakistan is too weak so refrain from doing any legal action as this will further cost you heavily and will not return you anything…

Very foolish stuff from your side ,now u want to loss few more rupees in weak case , i do not know how much they fooled u on plot too,tell us plot location , and name the property dealers .

Dear Mushtaq:

I think its too late for you to take any action

You should have decided all that before making a deal.

Regards

Dear mushtaq dealer should charge only one percent but these matters should be decided before the deal. Now there is only one option in which may be u will get some amount that is to make some pressure on that dealer , try to go to president of that sector in which u purchased the plot may be he will help u in that case, only pressure can do some thing. In court u will spend more money then ur claim and also time.

Well, now it’s done :), Don’t worry, If you have paid them by cheque you should go and talk to them. This is unfair, Secondly, tell us the names of the dealers/office and their contact numbers, so no one else should get fooled by them.

Sad to hear but this is something that usually happens with the buyers, specially to those who have limited information about realtor trends.

Well I would also suggest you to follow Syed Ibrahim sb's opinion brother and do not waste your money anymore.

Good luck!

I agree with the suggestion of Nasir:

Regards

You agreed to pay each 50,000 rupees so there is no wrong doing by them. Before agreeing to pay them 50,000 you should have investigated what the going rate was and whether you had to pay one or both agents.a

Be warned!!!!! don't take legal action. The Pakistani law is really messed up. You will spend a fortune on legal fees and you may not get a single pesa back as the law is seriously messed up...you will waste your money. Just make sure you have learnt your lesson for next time and ensure you do your research in the broker fees beforehand.

Good advice Sheikh Sb. Regards

Dear Mushtaq bhai and other respected contributors:

Sometimes in the enthusiasm of buying a plot, we pay generously to the property agent. This is a gratuitous payment that we make for his extra effort in making the deal possible, the cost of his telephone calls, the cost of his fuel and as a token of thanks.

So if you paid Rs 50k to your agent instead of Rs 30k, that is not such a big issue. BUT you have also paid Rs 50k to the seller's agent, that is unfair. But in total, you paid Rs 70k extra.

And yes, you should not fight for this in court. WHY? Not because there is anything massively wrong with our courts BUT Because the amount of your claim is too small for this. Remember, you have TWO CLAIMS and TWO CASES. One for Rs 20k against your own dealer, and the other for Rs 50K against the other dealer. To file two cases you have to pay something extra to the lawyer.

But I do not agree with the statements made by Sheikh sahab that the Pakistani legal system is messed up. It is not messed up at all.

I have been in the legal profession for eighteen years now, and I have seen many people get their rights through court. Yes I have also seen many people being disgraced by their lawyers and courts for 10 years or 15 years in the courts to get their rights. But usually the reason for their misery is their OWN FAULT.

In Pakistan, many of us do not do proper paper work and do not sign written agreements for our transactions. We go by word of mouth, and to ask for written agreement is seen as lack of trust. Islam teaches us to sign a written agreement for our dealings. Even those of us who sign a sale deed, we NEVER get it checked by a lawyer before signing it. So we end up at the mercy of lawyers and courts AFTERWARDS. WHY because we did not do proper legal due diligence BEFORE signing!!! On the other hand, Europeans NEVER sign ANY LEGAL document without asking their lawyer first. This helps the legal system if everyone takes care of their rights at the RIGHT TIME.

It is the same as asking your doctor before taking any medicine. In Pakistan, most people even rich people just buy medicines from D-Watson and start taking the pills. This complicates things for doctors and the Health system in the country.

The legal system of Pakistan is not perfect; there is corruption, professional witnesses in criminal cases and many other problems. But still the judicial system has NOT collapsed and this is evident by the increasing number of cases that are being filed in courts in Pakistan every day and every year. PEOPLE STILL HAVE FAITH in the system and that is why the majority is still try to settle their disputes in court instead of picking up guns to settle them out of court.

Pk1 , salute ,great man

This is just plain wrong. Crying over the spilt milk.

Get over it, be a man. This is why our prophet (PBUH) said make the seller sweat (mafhoom). You should have looked into every aspect of the deal before buying. Now just leave it or request your brokers if they willingly return you some money.

I would say look forward for future deals and be careful. Regards

Excellent advice from Pk1. As other knowledgeable members have indicated, it is better if Mushtaq Sb considers this a lesson for future. Also, I am sorry for his loss but appreciate Mushtaq Sb for sharing this experience on the forum because it is helpful for novices like myself.

@Pk1 and others, can you advise how to find a good lawyer for review of real estate related papers.