Transfer of property in the limit of Municipal Corporation

I would highly appreciate if anybody lets me know how property in the limit of municipal corporation is transferred in the name of the buyer. Thanks.

Regards

Humayun

Hello, Saqlain, as per my knowledge is concerned, you need to contact your related Patwari. He will help you in the process of Property 'Inteqaal' (transfer) and issue you a 'fard' (a documented evidence of your property transfer).

And yes beware of bribery factor that Patwaris usually look forward to.

Regards, Z@in N@deem

Ok, thank you very much for taking time to reply my query. I will follow your kind suggestions. However, please tell me where the Patwari sits, I mean in the Office of Municipal Corporation or Tehsil (Kachery etc.). This is why that two systems are running parallel i.e. Rural and urban. Perhaps properties falling within the jurisdiction of Muncipal Corporation are transferred by the Municipal Corporation and properties falling in the rural areas are transferred in the Tehsils (Kecheries). Therefore, I need your kind guidance a bit more about the transfer of property in the limit of a Municipal Corporation. Thanks.

Regards,

Humayun

Humayun,

Every area has its own 'Patwari' who deals in that particular region. You can ask someone regarding your related 'Patwaar Khana". And if you find no way out, then you can get the information of your property from the "Registrar's Office" in District Court.

Furthermore, I am going to note your query on my Notepad. I will talk to another expert and update you accordingly, In'sha'ALLAH....

Regards, z@in N@deem

Okay, thanks a lot for your kind information.

Regards,

Humayun

Dear,

Municipal corporations are now regarded as towns. For transferring the property, you need to visit your patwar khana and there the patwari would allot you a "Fard e Bey". You need to attach this document with the stam paper, signed both by buyer and seller. Plus, the buyer and seller need to attach their photographs. After that, you need to present all these documents before registrar in the district courts. He will confirm the transaction. Last of all, you need to go back to your patwari again and he will proceed the process of Inteqaal (property transfer). After Inteqaal, he will issue a new fard, which would show that the property has been transferred to your name.

I hope this would be of help. Thanks, Regards, z@in N@deem

Zain has very nicely attended to you question. I however would like to add one last bit that transferring of the property is a long process and can take weeks.

Many thanks Mr. Nafees Bhatti…