Want to buy a house

I am interested to buy a 7-10 marla house in rwp/isb. I have shortlisted cbr, pwd. I need a place with a good rental value as well. I need your recommendations.

I have a house for sale in bahria enclave and shahzad town and surrounding area

Contact

CBR will take time. PWD is a "Machlee Mundee". Explore bahria phase-8, if you cannot afford to buy in DHA-1 or DHA-2.

We know MR is in deep water but if BT fails, Cant/DHA will have fun of it in buying bahria, Already a good chunk of bahria is with DHAs!

OK after MR, bahria may lose quality but it will be still better than Stellate town, Westridge, where property cost
like fortune, even with hanging poles and badly maintained market areas!

From the 2 options that you have given PWD would be better because of its location, approach, population and therefore better for rental.

Ammar for personal living i will not recommend these areas.but for the rental purpose and approach wise pwd is better then cbr however for rental i would always recommend you to buy shop.

AQ SB is right!

Differing view:

"but it will be still better than Stellate town, Westridge"

Environment, Quietness = Yes

Location/Access, Convenience = No

As of now, no match of outside towns etc. with BT infrastructure but for real estate asset, location is the golden rule and on that aspect, even sub-standard mainstream towns etc. beat BTs/DHAs/B-17 etc., hands down (Rental value, increasing demand etc.)

Keeping all aside, worsening traffic and increasing fuel prices, routine commute to & from BT (in particular anything Beyond Ph-5) is absolute exhaustiveness and hectic, to say the least....

Thank you all for kind suggestion. Infact i have budget constraint. I can not buy in BT or DHA. Right now i only focus on rental value but if area is good i may shift in future. Someone suggested that wait as the property value is coming down. I need your opinion in this context as well.

Yours critical analysis and recommendations are really valuable for me.

In developed areas house prices may not be going up but they should not go down much either. Therefore only point in waiting maybe if you can increase your budget in a year or two time, otherwise no point in waiting.

Prices fluctuations will be more in plots in underdeveloped areas.

I will recommend that you go to Defense residency apartments. It has 2 and 3 rooms and range from 40 lacks to 80 lacks. It has all facilities near, on GT road and also excellent rental value. Future prospects is also good. I myself bought an apartment there. Go for it.

Yes, Apartments can be a good choice as long as primary motives is rental income or small investment for personal residence is concerned. Furnished Apartment (BTs & DHAs) can yield 0.8 upto 1.0% (avg. figures), as rental value per month.

However, as of now, in markets like ISB/RWP/LHR apartment may appreciate much slower compared to houses and hard to sell off.

Though trends are changing, best time to buy an apartment, is to book (pre launch best rates and inventory available). I would recommend house/plot over apartment 9/10 times. The exceptions can be 1 beds under or upto 3 million (400 to 450 sq. ft.) that could be comparatively easy to sell off and better rental value. Normally the apartments in Gulberg or BT that were being booked at around 5500 to 6000/ sq. ft. last Aug are now being booked at 7500 to 8000/sq. ft.