What is future B-17? Prices increase are realistic?

Hi,

I want to know what is future of B-17. I want to purchase 30*60 plot in E block. What will be future of E-block? I am very confuse because some people are saying these prices are artificial and come down in 5-6 months. Waiting for reply from senior members.

Thanks

Hi Ali,

You know how they say whatever goes up must also come down? Well, it's not true for property prices. I have been observing the prices of property in some of the areas in Islamabad and Lahore and they've been constantly rising. Part of it is also because of inflation but apart from that, property prices are generally on the rise in both Lahore and Islamabad.

About B-17, if you are asking then it is one of the hottest upcoming projects in the capital city. Once you take out big names like DHA or Bahria Town then, roughly speaking, B-17 is either the second or the third most popular project and does seem to have a bright future. It is indeed an excellent choice for investment. So go right ahead. :)

The main reason for rising prices of B-17 is the Margalla Avenue project which will connect this housing scheme to D-12 (phase 1 due to be completed in 2013) and eventually to Faisal Masjid (phase 2) directly. In phase 3, Margalla Avenue will hit m-1 motorway through a new interchange. B-17 will be right in the middle - easy access to faisal masjid; easy access to motorway and easy access to new airport.

Phase 1 of Margalla Avenue will be completed quickly inshAllah; phase 2 and phase 3 will take some more time but because of the new airport, phases 2 and 3 will not stay dormant for too long. These are the expectations but only Allah knows the future.

Thanks Pk1 and Nafees bhai for your timely reply. I have one more question. I have a budget of 12 lac and I have two options.

1. 30*55 plot in Bahria Town Rawalpindi Safari Valley Usman block.
  2. 30*60 plot in B-17 E sector .

Which option is the best for me considering that I want to build my house in 2-3 years time.

@Ali

I think for your budget, you should try to buy a plot of 30x60 in B-17 block D. You will notice that in another chain started by Qaiser Abbas Gondal, property expert Syed Ibrahim has stated that prices in block d are down these days due to some delay in progress of development work. This will give you a chance to buy in block d which will be completed before block E.

When this D block will be developed and possession will given?

Dear Ali,

Multi purchased some land in d block, almost they cleared there land for double road, inshAllah within a year or 2 years they will start proper development there.

Hi Syed Ibrahim,

Thanks Syed Ibrahim bhai for your reply. What you to suggest me purchase plot in E block or in D block? I have budget of 12 lahk and can wait for maximum of 2 years for development.

Thanks.

Dear Ali,

If you can wait maximum for 2 years then e block is better then d block as there is a prominent chance of possession with in 2 years in E block however D block can be delayed.

Hi Ibrahim Bhai,,

I came to know that B-17 E block will be dusty area as Margalla crushing is going on. Is it good for residential purpose because crushing mafia is very strong and it will not evacuate that area. Please give your input on this matter.

Thanks.

In areas which are developed and where housebuilding is taking place prices do not tend to go down, although they might not go up either.

You can see the area being developed in latest Google earth images.

Dear Ali,

B-17 is one of the better developed sector in zone 2 but crushing is major drawback of it. Society is in court against that crushing but you know its not that easy to tackle that crushing mafia. Definitely this crushing will stop but can't predict the time maybe 2 years.

Hi Syed Ibrahim,

I am very thankful to you that you always reply. One more query if i purchase plot in e block what will be its prices after 2 years ?Will it's price be same as C and B block? And Bahria Town Safari Valley price will be same as B-17 E block price?

Thanks.

Dear Ali,

This question is a bit tough as cant tell you future rates however if Margalla Avenue get functional with in 2 years then it will cross current price of c block because at that time C block will be more expensive. However if Margalla Avenue project failed due to any reason then prices will touch today c block prices or a bit less.