What is wrong with E-16/17?

I have almost gone through all the posts/answers by the experts in this forum but hardly found experts' opinions in favour of sectors E-16/17. I have not found anyone here recommending to invest at the sectors titled above.

As far as I know, Habib Rafique doing the work there and development work is quite visible as well. Any specific reason why one should not invest there though prices are quite attractive.

Dear Tari,

It's a fact that cabinet division sector E-17 is a nice sector and developers are Habib Tafique who are already developers of Bahria, DHA etc. Prices are good there you can find a kanal plot around 2 million.

There are few reasons that people are not talking a lot about E-17 as cabinet have only one sector but multi Jamu Bahria have many sectors different ranges different locations so there clientele is heavy.

2nd reason is location it's a bit away but developing wise its a good sector and prices are also affordable

I visited the area about a couple of years ago. I did not personally find it very appealing as firstly the approach is not directly off the GT road but you have to go through a populated area before you get to the site, then at that time development had not been completed.

Dear Ibrahim,

Thank you! That was exactly my point. I visited the sector recently and found out that few houses are being built there... to my limited knowledge there are not many sectors around where someone can immediately start building up his house.

I would definitely like to seek your expert opinion regarding the purchase of 1 kanal piece of land for construction purpose... should I purchase it at B-17 or E-16/17 keeping in view that Margalla Avenue is hopefully starting next week.

Here is the link.

Dear Tari,

CDA will start that project but due to insufficient budget they can't complete there project in specified time.

Anyhow for personal living I think so B-17 is better then E-17 as B-17 is more away from Kashmir Highway but multi professional is more professional than cabinet.

Dear Ibrahim,

Contract has already been awarded and Margalla Avenue is totally on self financed basis by CDA no public sector funds but again you are right CDA cannot be trusted as long as things are visible on ground.

Thank you for your valuable advice, I hope you wont mind giving me your opinion one more time regarding purchase of 8 marla house at DHA Valley Home (possessions are expected to be given in December 2011). Will DHA Valley Homes be live able in the next 1 year?

Thank you.

Dear Tari Personally cant tell you alot about DHA valley however i know a person there who is expert of DHA valley if you need i can give you his number

Dear Ibrahim,

Please do give me the number and name. Planning to buy purely for residential purposes.

Thanks.

Mr Niaz's # is: 0333-5164093

You can contact him with my reference. Hopefully he will guide you better.

Thank you.