Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Junaid

Expert Authority
1018 posts
1 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
General Advice questions and answers. All your General Advice questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional General Advice answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new General Advice question now.
Mian
( 3 posts )

[26 Answers]
Salam to All.

I am a Pakistani living in Europe for a long time. But now I want to move back to my own country. I have 10 crore for investment in real estate. Any ideas please? Residential plots? Already built houses? Agricultural land or commercial plots? Which one would be better? And most importantly which city?

2570 days ago In General Advice
    Syed Ibrhaim
    (1436 posts)
    Best Answer
    There are different kinds of prob for agricultural land like I am living in Islamabad and our land is almost 170 km away from away Islamabad so I have 2 or 3 options for that.

1. To lease it out.
    2. Partnership with farmer on 50 50 basis and the 3rd one just hire labor for it and will supervise them.

Option 1 and 2 are very risky as when you need your land farmers demand 25 percent land as a good will I am facing the same problem and now our case is in court. However labor rate is a good option but for that you have to supervise it by your own.

AGR land is good if you can maintain it by your own otherwise to invest in residential or commercial properties is much better.
      2568 days ago 

Syed Ibrhaim
      (1436 posts)
      Walikum salam Mian sahab,

Regarding your question, Islamabad is a good option for investment (can't give you feed back on on other cities). Well it depends on your taste also like commercial land is also very good for investment, residential plots and homes are good but what is your main theme to get some good rent or to circulate your amount?
        2570 days ago 

Mian
        (3 posts)
        Well to tell you this is sort of my life time savings. I want to invest the money so that I may live a retired life now and my children could benefit from it in their future. I want to shift to Pakistan. So my theme is not to rent it out but to take it up as a business i.e. circulate the amount. Buy and sell and make profits. That is why I wanted to know which type of property has more chances of paying you back. This forum is a great help for people especially for getting some practical information before talking to some real property dealer.
          2569 days ago 

Syed Ibrhaim
          (1436 posts)
          Dear Mian Sb,

I would not recommend you to go far agricultural land as I am already facing problems of agriculture lands plus I know revenues. I think so you should spend your 25 percent amount in residential plots and 40 percent in commercial rest 35 percent should be save with you in bank when you will get practical experience then you can decide for rest amount better.

By the way in real estate to buy a commercial plot and build a plaza on it and then sale it partially is very good revenue generating business.
            2569 days ago 

Mian
            (3 posts)
            Thank you very much Shah saahib! It really helped me a lot. By the way if not personal then would you like to tell me the problem you are facing with your agricultural land? Are you irrigating it or have you given it to somebody else on contract?
              2568 days ago 

Syed Ibrhaim
              (1436 posts)
              2nd thing is govt is not cooperative we are not getting good rates due to stock mafia. In last 2 or 3 years there is 300 percent increase in urea rates.
                2561 days ago 

MBS
                (1157 posts)
                I would not advise to invest it all in real estate. Create a portfolio of investment but be advised economic environment is sensitive around the world. Play your cards carefully.

SMEDA - Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority publishes pre-feasibility reports for upcoming business opportunities in Pakistan, they are mostly very good recommendations. Do visit this site and you might like some small business idea from there.

Pre-feasibility studies.

Mutual funds is a good option too with some banks who invest your money properly and give you decent returns.

Additionally, do not make big investments before the new government is made, that will define the trend of all markets in Pakistan.
                  2554 days ago 

MBS
                  (1157 posts)
                  But yeah its also true that Residential and Commercial Real Estate has a lot of potential too.
                    2554 days ago 

Islamabad Pr..
                    (156 posts)
                    @Mian Sb,

Reference your post in this tread detailed reply to which was posted by me has yet not been displayed in this tread for reasons i dont know. Kindly get in touch to discuss more secure and rewarding investment opportunities in Islamabad.

Ali
                    MEYAAR Builders
                      2552 days ago 

Sabeen khan
                      (54 posts)
                      Thank you MBS, the link you've given is amazing and very beneficial to all of us who are interested in investing in Pakistan.

This is a great forum with valuable advice. Keep up the good work!
                        2552 days ago 

Post Answer (26 Answers)
                        1 2 3 >
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL