Where to Invest?

Salam to All.

I am a Pakistani living in Europe for a long time. But now I want to move back to my own country. I have 10 crore for investment in real estate. Any ideas please? Residential plots? Already built houses? Agricultural land or commercial plots? Which one would be better? And most importantly which city?

Walikum salam Mian sahab,

Regarding your question, Islamabad is a good option for investment (can't give you feed back on on other cities). Well it depends on your taste also like commercial land is also very good for investment, residential plots and homes are good but what is your main theme to get some good rent or to circulate your amount?

Well to tell you this is sort of my life time savings. I want to invest the money so that I may live a retired life now and my children could benefit from it in their future. I want to shift to Pakistan. So my theme is not to rent it out but to take it up as a business i.e. circulate the amount. Buy and sell and make profits. That is why I wanted to know which type of property has more chances of paying you back. This forum is a great help for people especially for getting some practical information before talking to some real property dealer.

Dear Mian Sb,

I would not recommend you to go far agricultural land as I am already facing problems of agriculture lands plus I know revenues. I think so you should spend your 25 percent amount in residential plots and 40 percent in commercial rest 35 percent should be save with you in bank when you will get practical experience then you can decide for rest amount better.

By the way in real estate to buy a commercial plot and build a plaza on it and then sale it partially is very good revenue generating business.

Thank you very much Shah saahib! It really helped me a lot. By the way if not personal then would you like to tell me the problem you are facing with your agricultural land? Are you irrigating it or have you given it to somebody else on contract?

There are different kinds of prob for agricultural land like I am living in Islamabad and our land is almost 170 km away from away Islamabad so I have 2 or 3 options for that.

1. To lease it out.
  2. Partnership with farmer on 50 50 basis and the 3rd one just hire labor for it and will supervise them.

Option 1 and 2 are very risky as when you need your land farmers demand 25 percent land as a good will I am facing the same problem and now our case is in court. However labor rate is a good option but for that you have to supervise it by your own.

AGR land is good if you can maintain it by your own otherwise to invest in residential or commercial properties is much better.

2nd thing is govt is not cooperative we are not getting good rates due to stock mafia. In last 2 or 3 years there is 300 percent increase in urea rates.

I would not advise to invest it all in real estate. Create a portfolio of investment but be advised economic environment is sensitive around the world. Play your cards carefully.

SMEDA - Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority publishes pre-feasibility reports for upcoming business opportunities in Pakistan, they are mostly very good recommendations. Do visit this site and you might like some small business idea from there.

Pre-feasibility studies.

Mutual funds is a good option too with some banks who invest your money properly and give you decent returns.

Additionally, do not make big investments before the new government is made, that will define the trend of all markets in Pakistan.

But yeah its also true that Residential and Commercial Real Estate has a lot of potential too.

@Mian

As you said you want to spend a retired life, it is advisable to invest in residential aswell as commercial sectors with high returns and minor hassles.

Residential houses in Islamabad city earn you very charming rental which can be either in Dollar or PKR.

Commercial investment as said would be to build a plaza or there are other better options that again earn very handsome returns for life.

I personally am not in favour of keeping money in banks and spending life on interest money where there are better and safer returns available in market which could be discussed once you are here.

Ali MEYAAR Builders

@Syed Ibraheem

I wonder how do you get your replies marked as "Best Answer" ?

Ali MEYAAR Builders

@Mian sb

Please drop me your contact details to get in touch.

meyaar.builders@gmail.com

Ali MEYAAR Builders

@Mian Sb,

Reference your post in this tread detailed reply to which was posted by me has yet not been displayed in this tread for reasons i dont know. Kindly get in touch to discuss more secure and rewarding investment opportunities in Islamabad.

Ali MEYAAR Builders

Thank you MBS, the link you've given is amazing and very beneficial to all of us who are interested in investing in Pakistan.

This is a great forum with valuable advice. Keep up the good work!

It's a handsome amount, & provide you with lots of opportunities:

First & the foremost thing is not to fall into wrong hands. Mostly oversea returnees are lured into various investment & business partnership scams and hence lose all their money.

Secondly do not throw all your money into one single option, like investing in real estate. Real estate is not booming & mostly static at the moment and will remain same in coming years.

Best is to start your own business in which you have expertise & hence you will not fail. Do it on your own without partnership, probably will not succeed from day one. It will take time but eventually you will succeed.

Salam Everyone,

Mian Sahb why do you only want to invest in real estate and stuff, and not in Some Multinational Group of Companies, which can benefit you and double your Return on Investment, contact I can guide you more, choice is yours, but kindly kindly once for details, thanks.

Ali,

Only the poster of the thread can 'mark' an answer as the best. You cannot do it yourself. :)

Dear Ali,

Let me clear it 6 answers were marked as best. Only that person can mark it as a best answer who is asking the question. Got:

1st from Mr Khalid topic was Overseas Pakistani Need Advice 2nd from Muhammad Umer topic was settling back. 3rd was from Mian topic was where to invest. 4th was from mr sheharyar topic was where should I invest for a long time. 5th was again by mr khalid and topic wasvalue range of a 40 x 80 house in G 9 4. Last was my own post and I was clicking some one else reply but by mistake I clicked my own reply and I tried to uncheck that option but there is no way of it.you can check that details.

In 6 best replies one was clicked by my own unintentionally but i think so this is everybody right he can click it as best like MBS clicked 7 replies as best on his own posts so is there any issue in it?

goodness!!! :slight_smile:

@Sabeen cheers!

These feasibilites are really very good and let u know of coming opportunities. Controlled poultry sheds is an example, they mentioned it 3 yrs back i guess and now its one of the most profitable business.

The only concern is energy, if that is sorted, many of these ideas will turn into great opportunities.

And am sure many of us who are lookin at real estate as a lazy last resort now will become proper entrepreneurs if only electricity is available.