Where to invest rs. 70 lacs

Assalam o alaikum experts,

I have an investment of Rs. 70 lac. I want to invest for best possible ROI within 3 years. Please give your expert opinion on:

• what to buy?

• where to buy? (i.e. City, society, block)

Thanks a lot

Especially looking to hear from

• Br. Nadeem sahb

• Br. Abdul Qudus sahb

• Br. Imtiaz sahb

• Br. Isloo sahb

• All other respected members

I am doing same working and following can be further explored by you...

1- 10 marla ADC in airport green garden. There is a recent correction in prices so its a buying time.

2- D-18, ECHS ,you can have a kanal plot and it will definitely appreciate due to Margalla Avenue & RRR. Price increase will be slow but certain.

3-B-17 ~ 10 marla plot... But a good research is required aa prices have recently increased there. It will alao benefit from MA & RRR.

Thanks @Zarkaon Anwar…I’ve noted your guidance and will explore it further

Dear Bro,

If the investment is done only for taking better returns not for future living then:

1- I-15,I-16,I-12,E-12 CDA SECTORS

2- DHA 3 (EX SCERNE CITY Sector A and B)

3- DHA 5 (Developed sectors / blocks)

4- Gulberg Residencia (Developed and possession blocks)

5- G-14/1 AND 2 (FGEHA SECTOR)

If the investment is needed to be made for future living in mind with reasonable appreciation in prices:

1- Bahria Enclave Islamabad (Developed area only)

2- Gulberg Residencia (Developed area only)

3- Bahria Town Phase 8 (Developed area only)

4- B-17 (A,B and C only)

All the quoted options are much secure and on ground. Avoid dreams set by dealers with a hope that after a year the area will explode. DO NOT trust that. Possession and Developed areas only should be chosen.

Thanks @Khalid bhai for the detailed guidance and I have definitely noted it. I’ve all the intention to follow the guidance of you brothers here and hence considering only the solid options with possessions and development as you said.

Rashid sb, here is what I would had done with 70+/-

Following Combination with 1 from each. Listing Order as in Priority!

Group I (1 from here)
-- I-16/4 or 15/1/2
--Enclave Sector I (near to Civic Zone and bound to rise)
-- Gulberg Residencia T, V (this will cross 50 Lakh Mark)

Group B (1 from here)
-- Top City or Mumtaz City or Green Garden*
-- Islamabad Model Town (5 Marla Possession)
-- BT P8 (I say out of Safari Valley) do check Rose Garden?

===========
* Green Garden looks good but old bookings have high premiums so that needs careful consideration.

Lahore Smart City Overseas 5 Marla. After NOC premium on old bookings on a rise but still worth a consideration as an investment is low but it will for sure grow in this year!

Best Wishes for your investments!

Thanks @Imtiaz bhai for your expert guidance as expected. As an overseas Pakistani, I am also seeking further guidance on how to choose a good location plot and how to deal with the real estate agents (especially when you cannot verify anything on ground being abroad and has to rely on their stories)? Finding the direct sales by owner is hard, isn’t it?

Direct Deal is rare as buyer most probabaly cannot live with the hassle of multiple visits to their estate sometimes multiple occasions in same day + managing docs like NDC etc. for transfer. So they list there estate with the agent.

Fairest of the fair agent may help with quoting fair price and take his commission to ensure face to face (buyer and seller though very rare).

Best is to buy when you are in PAK and importantly after personal visit of the estate you would like to buy! Position on map may seem very attractive but in ground may show a different view ...

Never ever fall for dealer saying 'Sir banday ko paisa chahiyee urgent sastay main sale ker Raha ha aap uthaa lain'. If it will be sastaa by any means the dealer will grab at at his own even if he has to sell his soul to buy that sastaa plot.

=====
I am not generalising it 100/100 times as I have a few friends in this business and very geniunely upright people but majority loves to play it dirty ...

All above suggestions are good, but only go for possession and developed plots.

Yes, agree in totality if one can afford go only for possesions.

In general:

Someone with minimal amount can only invest in (theoritically) secure files with minimal investment and exist at right time with 100% gains in some instances!

In many cases people may not have financial resources to go for possesions but selecting the project and right time to enter/exit can give good returns!

CSC pre-launch commercial (2018), a classical example.

In DHA-5, still 10 marla partially developed plots available in your budget.
Apart from the good options from learned members, this 10 marla will also give good returns, probably one of the best option.
Problem with DHA-5 is that they develop one section partly and then move immediately to another section while leaving the work in hand.
DHA-5 is appreciating like anything.

@AQ

Guru g , Is that area clear and without litigation? Like its levelled with blade .

I think you are mentioning sector F, right?

@Zarkon
70 lacs cost applies to different parartially developed plots but as per the reputable realestate office, re-mapping will not happen but different blocks and levelling can be seen.
I cannot exactly place the precise locations of 70 lacs a 10 marla as we visited the whole DHA-5 and 6.
Probably he commented when we were in F1 but if you need exact info I could dig in tomorrow In Shaa Allah.
Some places almost developed and clear posession in D block near Al-Shifa hospital site, a 5 marla costs 70 lacs and no less and as per onsite, likely to appreciate further.

Thank you very much Imtiaz bhai, Abdul Qayyum bhai and Nasir bhai for the valuable direction. In shaa Allah I’ll try to stick to your guidance as much as possible. It is good to know multiple options as I intend to do one investment now and then one when I visit Pakistan in Dec this year in shaa Allah. The intention is to do few more investments in the upcoming years of 2022 and 2023. I’ll keep in touch in shaa Allah.

@Abdul Qayyum bhai it would be great to have more detail on DHA-5 and 6 if you could share please. My budget is 70 coz it’s the money in hand but if I hold on a couple of more months I could add another million or 2 on top to make it 80/90 lacs. So the equation for me is more time more saving and hence more budget to invest and vice versa.

@Imtiaz Bhai, @Abdul Qayyum bhai and other brothers it’ll be a big favour (to all in general and to overseas in particular) to share if you know any real estate in Pakistan who work on principles, will not be dodgy (sorry to use this word) and could be trusted.

During this thread, @Khalid bhai asked about a very interesting aspect that my intention is just to invest for profit or invest with future living in mind. The matter of fact is that I intend to return back to Pakistan permanently in shaa Allah by the end of 2023. That will be the time when I’ll be looking to build my house in shaa Allah. I intend to invest my savings till that time (i.e. End of 2023) so that when I go to Pakistan I could liquidate some of my assets to build the house. So instead of just stashing my savings in the bank account with no appreciation I want to keep investing for better ROI. Please share your expert opinion on this matter too? Thanks

Ones good for personal living are pretty much matured in term of plot based Investments, as growth will be slow but organic in plots.

These places are good for rental yield or construct and sell but that need more Investment for construction (value addition).

At this point in time with 70 +/- in hand best is plot based Investments. To do so, keeping in mind:

-- Splitting 70 into more than one asset should be the way to go.

-- Generally speaking, smaller size plots sell quick and appreciate better (more demand). In my opinion 2 x 5 Marla in two different projects can be a better approach than 1 x 10 Marla. The approach needs 2 x buying and commission etc. but can apprecaite better in addition to variety.

Sounds sensible @Imtiaz bhai. Following the same philosophy, I bought 2 2.66 marla commercials in CSC Harmony Block last year.

Dear bro, Market is quite fast these days, keeping in view you need to liquidate your property to get a home by 2023, best would be to go aggressive but safe. Keep your ultimate place to live in mind and check the rates at least once a month but invest for profits till 2023 instead of buying with a intention to build a house afterwards.

I series CDA sectors yield lot of return in last 10 months (my personal investment) it have a potential to grow exponentially for some of the sub sectors. Invest and get out right on time and then be focused and decisive on where you want to live and try your profits earn you a plot there.