Woes of DHA residents!

Is the following Published in The Express Tribune, June 20th, 2012 true about DHA-2 Islamabad?

http://tribune.com.pk/story/396039/woes-of-dha-residents/

Bahria town has gone down because of the Malik Riaz Case and so did DHA valley and DHA Ext. Now DHA-2 seems hopeless! I guess we overseas Pakistani have no option left other then CDA zone 1 now? :(

Oops seems like the text of my post has been removed! Anyway the article basically is saying that residents of the Defence Housing Authority, Phase II, Islamabad, have been seriously affected by loads shedding that lasts between 15 to 17 hours daily! Now is this really true? And the article also says that the grid station of DHA2 is not working and DHA2 gets it’s electricity from Rawat grid station which has lots of load shedding! The article also says that load shedding is not the only problem faced by DHA residents as the area also lacks other basic infrastructure. The residents do not have access to internet, mobile phone signals in the locality are very weak, there are very few parks and markets, there is unplanned construction of mosques and pathetic security if this is the case in DHA2 then how come the property prices are so high there?

Hi OKhalid,

Text indeed has been removed because you cannot copy and paste news items etc. :)

Property prices in DHA2 are high because DHA is still DHA. The name sells like anything in Pakistan and secondly, the maddening inflation in the country has drove the prices of everything insanely high.

@Nafees

Yeah, it seems likes the NAME is very imp in Pakistan. after reading about the problems i was really confused as to why would people want to live in such a place. Uff, 15 to 17 hours load shedding daily in DHA2! That's too much I hear that in CDA zone 1 sectors load shedding is only for 5-6 hours daily!

Too bad. People had much better expectations from DHA.

There's more to it. The court has declared the acquisition of 9,996 kanals for DHA II EXT illegal.

Also, Askari XIV land is disputed now.

Warrants for Malik Riaz and his son Ali Riaz are issued.

Hm, so in the current situation what do the experts advise? Should overseas Pakistanis stay away from DHA2?

15 to 17 hours load shedding, weak mobile and internet signals, no commercial area etc if this all you get in DHA2 then what's the use of living and investing there?

@Okhalid As an investment there is no property which will become gold in a matter of years. The economic situation will remain painful for a few years or may be more if we continued to make wrong political decisions.

Advice would be the rates are low, so buying something cheap thru part of your savings, won't harm. Gold is touching the bottom since last week, get a Suisse bar and have a foreign currency account too ;)

@MBS,

I agree with most of what you have said but situation has changed in the past few days now before Bahria and DHA were hot cakes and cheap too if you compare to CDA zone 1 sectors but now things seem changed Bahria is very risky and DHA less risky but seems useless because of 15 to 17 hours load shedding what other safe and secure options for living are there which are not expensive like CDA?