8 marla plaza construction cost

Could you please provide best estimate of 8 marla plaza construction cost. Basement + 3 floors. Area 1800 sq feet per floor. Need estimate of a and a+ construction for grey structure as well as for finishing cost. Please also provide estimate of naqsha and any other costs.

Construction cost of plaza depends upon the various factors. Mainly based on the structural design and which society you are making.Please let me know the exact location then i can tell you the construction cost. I think the total covered area will be around 7000 Sqft. And a good contractor will charge you from 2400 per sqft onwards. So with 7000*2400=16800000 amount you should keep in mind it can be less as well depending upon the area and structural design(if less steel is used). However there are companies who charge 10 to 15% on total cost of construction and tries to minimize the cost and avoid the conflict.That option can also be considered.

Thank you Mr. Abbasi for the reply. Is 2400 per sq ft cost for grey structure only? Need construction in Bahria town area.

This post has been removed under Section 1 of the Forum Rules.

For the full set of Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines on Zameen Forum, kindly check here: https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/other_and_misc/forum_rules_and_posting_guidelines-32219.html

--Zameen Admin

Mo Afzal , Well i have recently started one Comercial unit in bahria town. Which city if BT because in BT Rawalpindi it is basement+Ground+ 3 floor not as you explained earlier. Which will increase your cost of construction. Plus in BT more steel is used ur cost will increase further and if it is 8 marla then they must be adding the lift which will further increase your cost. I believe your cost will be around 2600sqft and above this is final cost i am talking about not the grey structure.But the final proposal can only be given if we have the MAP and structural design.

This post has been removed under Section 1 of the Forum Rules.

For the full set of Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines on Zameen Forum, kindly check here: https://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/other_and_misc/forum_rules_and_posting_guidelines-32219.html

--Zameen Admin

Suppose covered area =7000 sft, The cost break down will be as follows:

Cost of materials for grey structure:Rs.6.3 Million

Cost of labour for grey structure =Rs.2.1 Million

Total cost for grey structure =Rs.84Lac.

Cost of materials (Structure+ average priced finishing materials= Rs.10.5 Million

Labour cost for complete finish= Rs.2.8Million

Total cost (structure+ finishing) = Rs.133 Lac.

Please note this is estimated cost excluding contractor's profit

@danish I need to understand that how you have calculated the cost of material for grey structure as 6.3 million for 7000sft covered area plaza.

In bahria only steel used for 7000sft plaza (almost 5 marla) is around 65 to 75 ton grade 60. If we take average cost of steel which is 107000 per ton then only steel cost will be 65*107000=6955000. Now Add Rait ,bajri, cement, bricks and other small cost.

Danish you must be talking about the house construction not the plaza construction.

If you have piling then the material cost is much more.

Hello A M Abbasi

You are telling on very high side. If you use around 70 tons steel in 7000sft commercial building, than your structure design is not good. You need to wet it.

in 7000sft commercial building on a normal plot steel use around 30 to 40 tons in Rawalpindi and Isalamabd. In Lahore steel require for 7000sft commercial building under 22 tons on a normal plot.

For more info you can contact me.

Regards

Ar. Wahab

Arch Five Architects

Abdul Wahab,

This is my practical knowledge in Bahria Rawalpindi. Have you seen the approved structural design of the any commercial plot with piling in Bahria? Just to elaborate in technical terms so that you have better idea Under ground Water tank and sump tank bahria approved steel structure has 2 foot bed , 1.5 ft retaining walls. Bed of the plaza is 2 foot and then add steel to the retaining walls. This only calculation will give you the 18 or 19 ton or probably more.

My first plaza which i build in bahria was in 2013 and that time BT rules were little bit relaxed at that time my Steel was 50 ton. Now they have further inhance the strength of the structural design.The least i got from the steel structure for 5 marla basement+ground+3 story + Mumty and overhead tank is 60 ton that is also without piling.

In bahria steel usage is extra and unnecessary however bahria don't approve structural design until it is like that however the rental income is fairly reasonable with good environment

A M Abbasi

I am qualified architect and working in Bahria and DHA. If one has knowledge of structures like architects they question to the engineers to give rational of each bar of steel.

Steel depends on the soil test report, mostly people save money of soil test and get fake reports. In which they mention the under value bearing capacity, Structure engineer follow the report and if no one to argue him he design the steel on a safer side, and use extra steel, not giving time to make it cost effective structure because he is just designing the steel.

In short you must hire qualified and knowledge able architect who will design the layout which is cost effective and than he can advice you on each stage to make the building cost effective and user friendly.

Persons who don't hire architects, compromise on authentic soil test report to save money, in reality wasting of money during construction.

Every plaza structure design need wetting of steel from another engineer to take other point of view, but in market people dont ponder on it.

For any info or any drawing wetting (checking of steel) you can contact me or visit my office.

Regards,

Ar. Wahab

Arch Five Architects

Wahab,

You are right that if we calculate the load bearing capacity and all we should not be using more then 40 ton of steel.

However the soil in bahria town mostly the filling land that's why bahria rules are very strict.

My map and structural design was done by the faisal and fahad Architect and some of my plaza was done by Karamat sahib.Even with these senior architects and with my full efforts i could not bring down the cost by reducing the steel at maximum it was 60 to 65 ton.

I have never seen a design with 30 ton of steel in bahria town , i would like to see if you have design one in bahria town phase 8 with this amount of steel.

Share you steel design with me at aneesabbasi7@gmail.com.

A M Abbasi

You are welcome in my office, so I can share you drawings of multiple commercial projects.

Regards

Gents does bahria have requirement on steel per cubic foot to be used for residential hosue.

What is steel used per cubic foot for resdential building in bahria town

It depends on the drawing and area in which you are building the plaza, along with the city in which you intend to build. The rate for grey structure of basement is around 2300/sft and other floors is Rs 1700/sft

your total cost would be then Rs 13,320,000/-

The final finishes depends on the selection which you are doing for the tiles and bathrooms etc which could be from Rs 1300/ sft to Rs 1800/sft

You can further contact me if you have any querries