Construction Cost

I am going to build a house of 40*80 with covered area about 5000+ sq ft, how much finance I required for the average construction?

Construction cost for average construction is 1600-1800/ sq ft.

With my experience and current market the ideal price would be Rs 1400 but get a builder without material that would be a lot cheaper.

Hassan bhai,

How much hassle this could be if one provides materials himself and how much on average that can save? 10-20% or more? Are there any firms that just supply material for you and will that be expensive ?, for a first timer , going around looking for material could be very difficult and also would be difficult to know what exactly you are looking for.

Aoa Khan Gul,

Providing material does not mean that you have to go to different places and buy..It simply means that you will be there when the purchase of material will take place and all the money matters to do with material will go through you and your contractor will tell you what he wants and where you can get it from.Depending on the size of the plot lets suppose if its ten marla you can save anything around 10 lac.

He is right buying material is also a hard thing to do there is a lot of variety and quality difference in addition to prices so a new comer finds it hard to conduct a research on each and every item

Thanks Hassan and Tahir Karamat sahab, 10 lac is lot of money to save but by the looks of it, its pretty tough to build a house for a first timer. Either you end up paying more or you have to do quite a bit yourself. I will probably have to spent some time on the market before i start my house , inshAllah.

Good luck brother