Construction Cost *Confused*

Salam everyone,

I have a commercial plot having dimensions 35^55 and area 1925 sq feet.

I am going to build a basement, a ground floor and first floor. The building would be completely covered. I met some contractors, saw their work. Their rates were around 150 rupees per sq feet for the grey structure. I liked one contractor's work, negotiated with him, brought him to 135 rupees per sq feet for all the floors including basement, and made the deal. Now according to this rate labour charges for each floor including basement would be around 260000 rupees. Now today my mamu randomly asked me about my plans and I told him all this and he was angry that I made a bad deal. He said it was expensive and told me to hire the mistri and mazdoors directly instead of hiring a contractor. He gave me an example like what would building a 16^14 room cost if I hire a contractor

1614= 224 sq feet
Now 135
224=30240

Now if I hire 2 mistris and 3 mazdoors
Mistri rate is 600 and mazdoor rate is 350
It will take maximum 10 days (could be less) to construct a room according to him.

So per day 6002 and 3503 total 2250 rupees
And 10 days charges would be 22500.

It made sense and I'm confused. I don't have any experience in construction before. It would be a frame structure with columns ,RCC roofs and simple halls.

Its a small city so these are the rates here unlike Lahore or other big city. Now please guys tell me whats your insight on this.

Thanks

You never send a monkey to do a mans job…if Mistery can build than y is he a mistery and not contractor… And the rates you have mentioned are impossible… If you need detailed estimate than get intouch …

Nither your labout rate of contractor is correct and you will face the problems during or even start of the project....

Your mamu should be on site and take care of the work if you hire mistries as he suggested.....

Be careful to do anything and try to consult some good contractor or Architect.

Regards

dSA

92-333-4220989

I will agree with D.s.a be care full to do anything.Consult a good architectural design company there are different companies. You can search them from Google.

@HT

but a contractor mostly do nothing except managing the mistries and mazdoors under him.what do u say?

and bro the rates are absolutely correct.its bahawalpur,a small city.so small rates :)

what are mistri mazdoor contractor rates in lahore or big metropolis?

@dsa

rates are absolutely correct. And what kind of problems i may face considering everything i mentioned above including rate is correct without a doubt.

Waqas Khan....

If you consider the rates are correct then you may go ahead and hope you would not face any problems during the project but surely the quality of works will be compromised in this price and may be so many scope of works will also be skipped.....

I dont know the level of your project yet but you may do with the contractor or without you should have some basic knowledge....You can collect from other recently done projects owners....

Regards

@ DSA

Thanks bro for swift reply

Bro i'll provide him all the construction material.he will be given all the structural drawings and all that made by my architect.plus architect is gonna visit the site regularly during the construction period.so contractor is bound to make what architect or blue print tells him .so how could quality of work be compromised for grey strucgture.i mean he has to follow the naqsa and all that irrespective of him charging 135 per sq feet or 200 per sq feet.

Am i right??

if not plz elabrate

(I'm totally noob but trying my best)

Waqas...

If you hired an Architect and who will supervise the project then no issues go ahead....

Regards

@dsa

Just one thing if i hire a contractor or mistries and mazdoors individually ,does it make a difference.i mean aren't they cheaper plus wha exactly contractor do except managing and supervising the mistires and mazdoor....contractor just sitting at the site onlly smoking and smoking..

Definitely it will make a difference but since it is your first project, it’s better to go with the contractor. Be on the site regularly and learn from him and make contacts with mistries and laborers. Learn how he deals with labour because dealing with them is not easy. Inshallah, when you will start your next project, you can do everything on your own and save some money.

If contractor is good, nothing like it. Save your energies for finishing stage. We people can't handle Mistri n Mazdoor.

Else, your Mamu should manage Mistri n mazdurs.

Wise people save energy for finishing stage.

Contractor sitting aside but taking all your headque and you just visit like a visitor.

So if you can take hassel then hire mistries (the worst scenerio) as you cannot handle them and cannot get the actual work done as a contract can get out the right output.

Anyways you are extra concious and being over smart to save some coins but in the end you will be looser....

Contractor will be the recommended option in anyways.

Regards

dSA

Yes. Contractor recommended.

I can suggest you good rates for construction but after selection of material that you want to use in construction. Construction varies according to the material and design of building. You can dens me your requirement and contact details at hamza.asif@ameradnan.com or call me at 0423-665526. It will be more useful for you.

http://www.ameradnan.com

The rates that you have mentioned for mistry and mazdoor are totally unreal

Mistry and mazdoor are only hands you need to have someone above them with brains and experience. Unless you can visit the site every day ( assuming you have construction knowledge) they are good for nothing.

Think over all this before getting into it. Even buying the material would time consuming.