Construction of double storey house in Islamabad

What is the cost of construction for a 200 sq yard house in Islamabad zone 1/2 with double storeys and a room and bath on mumty with no compromise on quality but some relaxation on finishing? Like not very fancy cabinets, tiles etc but good structure n stuff?

Anyone?

Dear brother,

Unless you provide the proper size and your requirement like how many bed rooms and is it key to key or without material.

The maximum your looking at is 30 lac and minimum is 25 which is key to key.

Without material you should get rs 220 to 250 per square feet. Any one else giving you less or more and definitely trying to con you.

Best regards

Thanks for your reply Hassan.

The size is 30 x 60 and i mentioned that we want to build a two story house with a room and bath on mumty as well. No compromise on construction but not very fancy finishing. I've contacted a few builders and they are asking for 50 lakh which is too much for us. One has said 35 lacs. Can you give a rough estimate of key to key rate on per square feet if we want good construction but average finish?

Dear Sheeraz,

Double story 200 sq yards house covered area is approximately 3150 sq feet including momtey. If you can provide material thenou approximately it will cost you 1350 rs per sq feet standard construction but normal finishing.

1300 or 1350 is almost now a days bottom line for marble flooring tevera or boticana normal accessories like Super Asia front door wooden inside doors lamination sheets.

Usually contractors charge now a days 1500 rs per sq feet for a reasonable construction.

45 lac is a good budget for double story 200 sq yards house.

Dear Brother,

I think 35 lac rs is reasonable but try to negotiate with him around 32 to 33 lac.

I am at the moment building 2 houses in Bahria Town and that is 10 marlas and the cost for that is around 60 lac with basement and keeping in mind that Bahria requires way too much when it comes to construction.

Best regards

Thanks for the info guys. Will surely keep these things in mind

This is useful info, can someone help clarify something for me please.

The construction cost for a excellent finishing will be ? What 2000-2200 per square foot? Will this include basement as well? I guess the covered area for one kanal wont be much bigger than that of a 10 marla for a standard 4 bed, lounge kitchen kind of a house. Does that make it about 80 lac for a very good finishing for 3500 square foot in one kanal with basement?

With basement around 75 lacs without base ment your looking at 60 lacs

It should be around 65 lacs with basement and 55 lacs without a basement

Needs some real construction planning

Thanks both Hasan and Tahir Kamran Sahab, JazakAllah. People have been giving me estimates 1 crore plus, but I think that was a bit too much.

Well to build a house on the size of plot you mentioned specially in islamabad will range from 1800 sft - 2200 sft. My suggestion to all those people who are going to build a house is that it is a one in a life time thing, so better not start saving a lot because it will affect the quality of the construction material.

Secondly, it is better off to hire professionals who can advise you on foundation, structure, interior and exterior of the house. Professional hired people are answerable to you rather you do anything on your own. Just keep yourself aligned with the hired team all the time.

One line ''it is one in a life time thing''