Covered Area On Single Basement Plot?

Is it advisable to make a lawn on 60x90 plot in f-15/1 Islamabad which has 3-4 feet depression from road?

These days i have seen that most people are making their house on maximum covered area. The houses which people built in zone 1 in the 1980s did not use maximum covered area of the plot and the neighborhood looked much better.

I feel that using too much covered makes the house look like a huge ugly concrete structure with the following levels:- (i) basement + (ii) ground + (iii) first floor + (iv) mumty; (v) 2 car porch but no lawn.

What is the opinion of experts of Islamabad property? Is it good for rental income to make almost full covered area house with two car porch and side streets? 3 or 4 portions including basement?

Or is it a better idea to have a reasonable lawn on one side of the plot?

Especially, because it is a single basement plot so lawn will need filling or it will be available at the basement level?

What suggestions can people give?

How many portions can be built on this plot if the preference is to use one small portion and give the rest for rent??

Many thanks everyone!!!

Who will give the response to be chosen as the best reply?

Just take a look at this house in G-15.

Now is that not a monstrosity? And this style of construction is very common in Islamabad these days. But is it not out of character with the original theme of the city.

It used to be 'Green Islamabad'. Now it is 'Concrete Islamabad'.

I do completely, fully agree with you on Islamabad turning into a concrete, ugly city.

People generally prefer to build their house a good 2-3 feet above the road because of obvious reasons. In Lahore, that's where I am, several authorities have started discouraging this practice because of the overflow after the rain. Many people go for elevated lawns which is the exact opposite of what you're suggesting.

There are a couple of really strange looking houses in Lahore, where almost 30-40 of the property is underground. Interestingly though there are several rules and regulations that keep people from constructing residential property of say 2 or 3 storeys but there is not a single rule that says you cannot have multiple storeys underground which is becoming the latest trend in Lahore. Moreover, the rooftop garden is another interesting thing I have seen lately, complete with pool. How they keep it from leaking is beyond me.

PS Now time for you to keep your promise and hit the Choose as the Best Answer button! :D

Haha, even though I had hardly answered any of your questions but you still selected my post as the best answer. You are the man of yours words. ;)

Cheers!