Flooring Options

Please compare tiles flooring vs marble vs wood flooring? Which one is best and cost effective?

Wood flooring is flop in Pakistan. Marble and Tiles, both cost same, a very little difference. Marble is better, as compared to tile, because, if tiles are broken or get dirty, their is no way to fix them, plus we don't find that same model tile from market after sometime, whereas, as far as marble is concerned, even after 10 years, you feel the floor is dirty, you can get it polished Marble Ragrai and it will be like brand new plus fixing is also easy as compared to tiles, that is my suggestion/ experience. Regards,

Thank you sir!

Dear Kamran,

Nasir has given you very good advice and I would go with the same.

Regards

Thanks Sir Khan! Good quality marble rate per Sqf?

Wooden Floor: Trendy but difficult to maintain require care. 75 t0 150 / sq feet.

Floor Tiles: Mostly used now a days. 100 to 300 / sq feet ( Per meter rate in market). Tiles might broke if thing fall on floor. Scratches also appear if u drag some thing on it.

Marble: Cheaper than tiles. 45 to 300/ feet. Long life. Durable. New after chemical polish. I saw superior quality marble in I-9 price was 600 Rs / feet.( I forget the name)

Mian Nadeem

I think granite tiles, although a little more expensive, provide an amazing finishing plus they have mostly the same attributes as marble flooring. They too can be rejuvenated through chemical polish, and they usually don’t shatter too easily (granite is very strong and has even been used in the two holy mosques in Saudi Arabia), so they are superior to the normal porcelein tiles and maybe comparable to marble flooring. My opinion only.

I think good quality marble cost will be round 100-150/feet. Tiles look good but seems expensive and less durable.

Where to purchase marle tiles good standard?

Laminated wood floor is also good and very competative. Who said wood floor not good in Pakistan? This is forever and no need for maintanance once it installed good.

What is a rate per sqf?

Http://www.hardwoodfloortips.net/what-are-the-advantages-disadvantages-of-hardwood-flooring.php

http://flooring.about.com/od/Flooring-Pros-And-Cons/a/Laminate-Flooring-Information-The-Good-News-And-The-Bad-News.htm

Above links would help if wooden flooring is good or bad plus keep in mind we live in Pakistan and good material is very hard to find. Than you can make up your own mind