Garage roof height

Asslamu alykum
Why the roof height of garage is kept down from other rooms?
Garage ki chhut doosray kamron ki chhuton say neechay kion rakhi jaati hai?
Muhammad ijaz baig

There is not specific technical reason for this.

Garage height is mostly low then other building to save extra brickwork. As on garage no other room is not constructed in mostly plans, that's why Roof is placed on low level.

If you have to construct something on Garage than Roof of garage should be at same level as other building.

Regards,

Engr. Shahid kamran

B.E Civil (UET Lahore)

Engineering Development Associates, Lahore

+92-347-6660055

The reason behind to get the low roof to get attreactive elevation.

Nothing else you can get same hieght as per other house slab hight.

Regards

As far as I know, garage roof height is low in order to protect vehicles from sun. Suppose if the garage is south facing or even East facing, sun makes such angles that rays go inside the porch. Any protection which is closer to the vehicles will give more protection from sun which is basic purpose of garage. North facing parking space doesn't need it as sun comes in the late afternoon and sun is relatively cooler.

Install SunSeeker app on iPhone or android device and you will know everything. It will point to sun angles on google Earth and you can find out your under construction home sun angle. Later, you can yourself draw on graph paper to determine exactly how much your roof should be.

Asslamu Alykum

Dear Engr. Shahid Kamran, DSA and Mr. B.R Malik

Jazak Allah for the care and guidance.

Muhammad Ijaz Baig

Asslamu Alykum

Dear Engr. Shahid Kamran

You said "If you have to construct something on Garage than Roof of garage should be at same level as other building".

If someone keeps the garage roof 1 or 2 feet down from other building and later after some time he want to construct a room on the garage then what problem he will face?

Please guide.

If your house in any society you cannot built any room over low roof.

If you are not in any specific society and can built room then only few steps will be

down this room floor level.

Regards

I haven't made low roof for my home porch/garage. Steps anywhere are a turnoff. My garage was north facing so my logic of sun exposure was not needed.

Normal roof of porch looks grand and good.