Is water bore allowed in Bahria?

I am currently residing in a locality in rawalpindi and thinking of shifting to a new place possibly bahria. Reason is because there is serious water shortage in our area and we have to run after tankers mafia who also charge too much in summer. I want to ask experienced friends if bahria allows you to do boring when building house? I am asking because i have come to know that they ask you to make solid concrete platform in foundation before building. Thank you.

No bore allowed. But plenty of water provided by society

I am living in bahria for few years, no water issue here. There are some other problems you do face but not water. Even if there is disruption in water supply, bahria water tanker service is available for free. No need for boring here.

You don’t need bore… Society provides you ample water…

Thank you dear experts for sharing information. I know bahria has no water problems now but we didn’t have water problems in our area also till 5 years ago and we have lived here for 40 years. Due to my experience here I just want to make sure we don’t end up in same situation so will definitely like to have boring. I think DHA has no issues with boring so it can be a better option to explore? Once again thank you.

Boss, if boring is ur first and utmost priority, then you should go for a place, which has no restriction on boring, which is not the case with Bahria.

Regards

@NHS. I can understand your concern but you should also look at the bigger picture. In most parts of Rawalpindi city & cantonment, water supply is largely from the dams i.e. Rawal dam or Khanpur dam. In this case, the water bore acts as an additional source for increasing your supply.

On the other hand, bahria does not get water from any dams, in fact there isn't even a dam close to BTR. All their water is pumped through tube wells, which also counts as boring water, just a deeper bore. Now if bahria were to run short of water, how would that be? Obviously it would happen only IF the tube wells run dry, right? Now you tell me, if underground water table gets so depleted that the tube wells run dry in the area, where is your boring going to pull water from? So there is really no benefit then and this should not worry you too much.

Great answer Raza Saab

Thankyou for that nice explanation Mr Raza. I did not think about it like that. Your point is very much valid. Although it can be said that there is still no guarantee that underground water level will not drop. Everyone has tubewells installed, but no one is building dams to recharge underground water level. When bahria will become almost full populated water requirement will become huge.

HMT, what other problems you face in Bahria?

Good question Ahmed sb, I also want to ask the same question.

Dear Ahmed and Wajeeh, before I share the problems I would like to mention that overall, living in Bahria is generally a good experience, better than most places. I live in Safari villas in Phase 4 of Bahria. Some of the concerns I have faced are these.

a. The distance to Islamabad is obviously a problem. This is something I was aware of when we moved but these days due to work on Islamabad highway project it can easily take one and a half hour to reach home. Still it is better than DHA and phase 8. Islamabad highway is part of the problem. The PWD road also gets quite busy during rush times.

b. We have had serious gas loadshedding for last 3 years during winter. Gas comes only after mid night and disappears at 5 am or so. All cooking has to be done at night. This year I bought LPG cylinders to solve the problem. Some people also install compressor. This is generally against the image people have when they shift here.

c. If you are looking for high quality fiber optic connectivity e.g. Nayatel etc. The service is not available. However atleast we have PTCL which is missing in a big part of Phase 8.

d. The parks here are a joke. Average size of a park is 2 kanals, I don't think they are good enough for even a walk. People take evening walks or jogging along roads. Most parks are only good for sitting on bench and talking about weather. But Safari 3 has a decent ladies park. There are hardly any grounds for sports. Personally I dislike this part a lot as my rural home has a lawn of 5 kanal!

e. Security staff have been reduced recently. Although it is still a lot better than other places but some people are now hiring their own private security guards individually or collectively. Security cameras are however functional.

There is no shortage of water. There is a minimal symbolic electricity loadshedding for 1 hour every day during peak summer, otherwise it is good. Overall, a good place to live but with a few problems.

I was not aware of gas load shedding and I never thought that this will be the case with Bahria town. Gas load shedding seems to be more than other areas of Islamabad.

@ Dear HMT, Bahria is famous for parks and sports activities, Could you please educate us more on this issue. How many playground and big parks available in phase 1-6?

Is it the same case with Bahria phase-8 ?

Nadeem Bhai or any other forum member having ground knowledge can shed some light on it please.