Water and heat proofing of top roof /floor

Dear all,
I need an expert opinion on water and heat proofing of top floor. I am constructing 10-marla house. And put 2nd lintel 3 weeks ago.

What is chemical treatment of roof for heat and waterproofing?. Is it safe? Is it costly then conventional methods?

Heat proofing is safe. Jumbolon is best for heat insulation offered by Diamond Foam. 1 inch Xtruded Polystyrene foam was for Ra 50/sq ft and 2 inch for Ra 100/-. You can have bargain with them. Above prices are list prices.

I had 2 inch foam and one summer is passed. Hear from roof was zero Allhamdolillah.

Thanks BR Malik bro.

I was expecting you to be first to answer my query. Thanks a lot.

Can i have some practical details of it. Or some pictures etc. Pls pm me ur contact number, it will be a blessing.

Regards.

Have you ever used or heard about CLERICK chemical for water proofing. If yes, can u share ur experience. Thanks

Dear Faisal you can check on google you will find all the details along with pictures and methodologies

Altaf is 100% correct on this you will find a lot of information on Internet

@Faisal. There is a report of UN-Habitat on internet about different insulation methods prevalent in Pakistan and it's results. You can search on net. If you cannot find, I will email you. I got most of the information by reading that report. Jumbolon has the highest efficacy and traditional methods had the lowest.

I haven't heard about Clerick. But if you use Jumbolon with proper method, I don't think water proofing should be a big concern. Roof is covered by foam, than an additional concrete layer and finally marble or chips. If there is not filling issue in marble and slope is proper, water will not seep into anything.

Check this report

http://www.enercon.gov.pk/images/NewsPDF/eenergy%20efficient%20housing%20report%20improvement%20of%20thermal%20performance%20of%20rc%20slab%20roofs%202.pdf

@Hassan, @Troy, @Altaf aziz and @B.R Malik

Thanks for your reply and interest shown. I am searching it on the internet but so far no useful information yet.

@B.R. Malik, brother don't u think that placing layer of more than 6 to 7 inches of jumbolon+steel+concrete+chips/marble on RCC slab is putting more load on roof?

is there any other way to accomplish this job?

Many companies do chemical treatment with 100% guarantee, is it worthy? (for example gargsh enterprises)

@ B.R Malik, brother can u share the website u referred? thanks

Following is the link. I think this report is enough.

Foam has no load. Steel is 2 sootar thin iron bars. Must be 500 KG for 500 Yard roof. Marble or chips load is in every roof.

Now is the concrete. Concrete is around 3 inches. It definetly has load. My structure was strong enough to sustain the load. Two of my friends also did after me. Home size was small and structure was not very strong but still no problem.

I have another idea too if someone is interested. You can make a full roof with green Fiber glass. It will stop direct sun and also give storage space and family enjoyment in rainy season. It might look silly but it's very suitable for already built roof and marble is fixed.

http://www.enercon.gov.pk/images/NewsPDF/eenergy%20efficient%20housing%20report%20improvement%20of%20thermal%20performance%20of%20rc%20slab%20roofs%202.pdf

Dear,

Please read the following post to get a fair idea of heat proofing with rates:

How to save your home from the sun's wrath

Regards,
zain Nadeem

@zain;

thanks for jumping in. The discussion is still going on there and a lot of questions to be answered by the participants. Thanks for sharing.

Waiting for any practical outcome.

@BR Malik. Installation of fiber glass sheet on roof is a good idea too, but I have to take permission from the Bahria first, as there are a lot of "NAKHRAAs"/restrictions by the bahria mgt.

Direct sun light will be completely covered in all seasons by using this method.

Another possibility is "installation of folding green net". What do u say.

The conventional method of concrete above jumbolon is best so far but the only problem is cracks, which develops after some time and ultimately results in water leakage.

anxiously waiting for someone's reply who practically done the method of chemical treatment like cleric and other.

@ Faisal. If your house is in Bahria than forget Fiber option. Bahria will never allow it. Green Net is limited time option. Fiber glass feasibility is based on the fact that one get extra space in house for storage and recreation. Like one can have table tennis tables for kids etc etc.

Cracks in concrete only appear due to absence of steel. Thin steel bars function is to hold the concrete intact. Our insulation was done almost 1.5 years ago. Till now, no crack or seepage. It's just that I did everything by book means Jumbolon manual. I also hand to stand in sweltering heat on roof to ensure that everything is done properly as labour people and contractors know nothing about insulation and consider it extravagant expense.

We had done water proofing with Dadabhoy cement based waterproofing material. Till now no seepage issues. If you want I can send you pics of the process.

By the way, we had also done insulation of water tank. I think it was useless expense by me.

Heat proofing and roof waterproofing services are good for the houses. There are some experts who do it. It is not that costly and the best part is it is safe. It will increase the life of your roof, it prevents water leakage from your roof.