Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Construction Cost questions and answers. All your Construction Cost questions answered by our experts and thousands of other members. Get professional Construction Cost answers to your questions. Get started by asking a new Construction Cost question now.
Faisal
( 50 posts )

[15 Answers]
Dear all,
I need an expert opinion on water and heat proofing of top floor. I am constructing 10-marla house. And put 2nd lintel 3 weeks ago.

What is chemical treatment of roof for heat and waterproofing?. Is it safe? Is it costly then conventional methods?

2151 days ago In Construction Cost
    Baber Rabban..
    (1628 posts)
    Heat proofing is safe. Jumbolon is best for heat insulation offered by Diamond Foam. 1 inch Xtruded Polystyrene foam was for Ra 50/sq ft and 2 inch for Ra 100/-. You can have bargain with them. Above prices are list prices.

I had 2 inch foam and one summer is passed. Hear from roof was zero Allhamdolillah.
      2151 days ago 

Faisal
      (50 posts)
      Thanks BR Malik bro.

I was expecting you to be first to answer my query. Thanks a lot.

Can i have some practical details of it. Or some pictures etc. Pls pm me ur contact number, it will be a blessing.

Regards.
        2151 days ago 

Faisal
        (50 posts)
        Have you ever used or heard about CLERICK chemical for water proofing. If yes, can u share ur experience. Thanks
          2151 days ago 

Saad Liaquat
          (1 post)
          Dear Faisal you can check on google you will find all the details along with pictures and methodologies
            2150 days ago 

Troy
            (69 posts)
            Altaf is 100% correct on this you will find a lot of information on Internet
              2150 days ago 

Baber Rabban..
              (1628 posts)
              @Faisal. There is a report of UN-Habitat on internet about different insulation methods prevalent in Pakistan and it's results. You can search on net. If you cannot find, I will email you. I got most of the information by reading that report. Jumbolon has the highest efficacy and traditional methods had the lowest.

I haven't heard about Clerick. But if you use Jumbolon with proper method, I don't think water proofing should be a big concern. Roof is covered by foam, than an additional concrete layer and finally marble or chips. If there is not filling issue in marble and slope is proper, water will not seep into anything.
                2150 days ago 

Hasan
                (25 posts)
                Check this report

http://www.enercon.gov.pk/images/NewsPDF/eenergy%20efficient%20housing%20report%20improvement%20of%20thermal%20performance%20of%20rc%20slab%20roofs%202.pdf
                  2150 days ago 

Faisal
                  (50 posts)
                  @Hassan, @Troy, @Altaf aziz and @B.R Malik

Thanks for your reply and interest shown. I am searching it on the internet but so far no useful information yet.

@B.R. Malik, brother don't u think that placing layer of more than 6 to 7 inches of jumbolon+steel+concrete+chips/marble on RCC slab is putting more load on roof?

is there any other way to accomplish this job?

Many companies do chemical treatment with 100% guarantee, is it worthy? (for example gargsh enterprises)
                    2150 days ago 

Faisal
                    (50 posts)
                    @ B.R Malik, brother can u share the website u referred? thanks
                      2150 days ago 

Baber Rabban..
                      (1628 posts)
                      Following is the link. I think this report is enough.

Foam has no load. Steel is 2 sootar thin iron bars. Must be 500 KG for 500 Yard roof. Marble or chips load is in every roof.

Now is the concrete. Concrete is around 3 inches. It definetly has load. My structure was strong enough to sustain the load. Two of my friends also did after me. Home size was small and structure was not very strong but still no problem.

I have another idea too if someone is interested. You can make a full roof with green Fiber glass. It will stop direct sun and also give storage space and family enjoyment in rainy season. It might look silly but it's very suitable for already built roof and marble is fixed.

http://www.enercon.gov.pk/images/NewsPDF/eenergy%20efficient%20housing%20report%20improvement%20of%20thermal%20performance%20of%20rc%20slab%20roofs%202.pdf
                        2150 days ago 

Post Answer (15 Answers)
                        1 2 >
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL