Width of boundary wall and structural wall of 50x90 house.

Asalam o alaikum everyone

I have a question. I am in process of making the preliminary map of my house before going to an architect.
What is the standard measurement of wall (boundary, internal structural walls (rooms and bathrooms). With either bricks or blocks. And also what is recommended now a days (brick or blocks) ?

If its load bearing wall then min thickness of brick wall should be 9 "

for boundary brick wall thickness can be reduced to 4.5"

in case of frame structure its up to you u can economize by reducing partition wall thicknesses up 4.5 "

however hollow blocks are recommended in frame structure for partition walls which will be more effective against thermal heat

Thank you very much Mr Khan much appreciated

Which area is it Ali Hassan ?

In Islamabad…Ploice foundation O-9

Hello Ali Hassan

IF you need any services regarding designing and construction please contact us. We will give you best options according to your requirements. Our Material Factory is also in I-9 Islamabad. So contact us we will visit your site and give best option.

Kind Regards,

Ar. Wahab

DHA PHASE II Islamabad

I-9 Industrial area Isalmabad

0321-5674022

Visiting an arcitect will be morr useful because he will guide you in every field of construction according to your need. You may contact at 04236655262 or send your contact details at hamza.asif@ameradnan.com for an expert`s opinion.

I will suggest 9 inches for Structural walls and 4.5 inches for partition walls with bricks.