DHA City File Wrongly Delivered

Aa,

I am looking for some advice. One of my relatives bought a dha city file. He waited for a while but papers didn't turn up so contacted dha eme office and they said papers have been posted out through tcs. Contacted tcs and they said its been delivered and someone signed for. So obviously the papers are delivered to the wrong address. Dha eme are saying its not their problem. Tcs has not fully taken responsibility of the miskate but they think it might be their drivers fault and papers have probably gone to wrong address. They say documents were digned for by peon but my relatives do not have a peon and they can't even recognise the name of the person who signed for them.

The delivery driver was suspended by tcs and given a notice period to recover them back. He does not remember where he gave those papers. He has been searching and going around the houses he made a delivery that day, but hasn't been albe to recover them.

Dha eme are saying give ad in paper and go to police and report.

• can the person who has the documents now sell them forward?

• are dha eme being lazy and they definately cannot resend the documents? And recovery of original documents is the only way?

• if reported to police, will this put the deliver driver in danger of getting some treatmet from police? Anyone can make a mistake and he has already lost his job over this.

• is there any other solution apart from police involment? We all know how helpful our police is.

Any advice from knowledgable people would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Giving ad in paper and reporting to police are legal formalities in order to get new documents issued to you. I don’t think EME can do anything more. TCS should try to get the documents back from the house that they delivered to. These are the only options that you have. The sooner you get the old documents or new ones reissued the better.