Legal Advice regarding property in Punjab Cooperated Housing Society

I need legal advice. Several years ago, we bought property in Punjab Cooperated Housing Society in Lahore. We paid for the plot, development charges and practically every other fee that we were supposed to. Later on it turned out that PCHS had sold plots to multiple parties, meaning that suddenly, a few other people were claiming to be the owners of our property.

It was such a massive scam at the time that the SC took notice (or a case was filed, I don't really remember) and tried to sort the matter. There were numerous victims of the society and the case was ruled in their favour (matlab our favour). We were one of the beneficiaries of the verdict, as per which the SC accepted us as the rightful owners of our plot.

Despite that ruling however, we have been unable to get the possession of our property since PCHS or the admin is not under anyone's thumb, so to speak. Now the question that I want to ask is, how can we get the possession of our plot and who do we ask for help?

We have tried using contacts and everything but nothing has worked. And I am kind of clueless as to where we need to go from here. Any idea?

Get a legal adviser with expertise of land cases.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your answer.

Dragging the culprits in court is one option but the hearings can go on for aeons. My children's children will grow old hoping to see this case settle.

Hi Nafees,

If you have won the favour of court then it is not a tough play for you. Just file your case once again and ask the court to provide you with a bailiff support.

Bailiff is a person by the court who will evict the illegal occupant (Qabza Group) from your property with the help of area police station.

Hi Tanveer,

Thanks much for your answer. Much appreciated.

The thing is that there is no such qabza. I will explain the situation with an example here. Say PCHS had 10 plots and they sold these ten plots to 20 different people. Now each of these parties thinks they own a plot whereas there're only 10 plots and 20 parties. As per the SC orders, PCHS is supposed to give plots to the people but how are they going to do it when there is only half the plots? They're suppose to provide alternative, compensation and all other things of which I cannot even think of now.

What we are trying for here is to get the piece of land which we paid for. It's a nice little corner plot, good location and blah blah. There is no way we can force PCHS to do that. Hun daso, mara banda ki kare? :)

Hope that explains it all.

Nafees, you are right; a case like this may take your many years before going to any resolution. Adverse thing is that you cannot even guarantee your success. Let me take sigh! Responsible is the court only.

I am out of my senses why don't the courts punish such cannibals. Anyways, whatever else I can do for you is to pray for your good luck. Let's shout together... Mera Sohna Mitha Pakistan!

But being a Muslim it is your religious obligation to never loose hope. Picture abhi baqi hai dost.

Thanks for the kinds words, Tanveer.

As for your question about court punishing the culprit, this is one of those Himesh Khan cases if you remember. The loot and scoot guy? The court did what it could but the problem is that one person can never be responsible for such a huge mess. All parties involve keep each other's back and ultimately that affects everyone.

In fact the country Pakistan is in need of a proper government where there shouldn’t be any role of bribers, looters, spoilers, puppets and the slavery-dipped judiciary. May Pakistan get the right people overnight!

You said it brother. May Pakistan get Imran Khan PRONTO.