Property transfered from my mother to son

Dear sir ,i would like to ask for property transferred from my late mother to me ,as i am living in dubai since 2004 and i invested money in karachi to buy one house 120yards leased about 18,00000rs in 2007and we did renovation in about 2012 where i spend about 23,00000 rs. But on that time 2007 i did this property under my mother name and till now it is on her name ,i have 5 sisters and 5 brothers ,after my mother death(last year) i would like to transferred this property under my name ,please advise me for the procedure .
Regards,
Jamshed pervez

There are few items that you would like to keep in mind before taking any further step:

1. From your post it seemed that you are the one who invested the money in the house, but you had purchased it under your mother’s name. Legally it is not your house but your mother’s house. Are your brothers and sisters aware of this material fact?

2.Is there a Will or “washihat” of your late mother as how the property to be transferred to you? I am assuming that there is no will available or made by your late mother.

1. Logical step is that you will have to get it transferred the paperwork, which includes registry/deed of the house. In addition, if you have purchased this house in a society, housing association or Cantonment, then you will have to transfer this in all or one of those places as well.

2. Follow the following steps:

a. Contact all your brothers and sisters, and inform them about what you are planning to do. Let’s hope that your immediate family understands your position, and will cooperate with you on this.

b. Once you get their approval, contact an attorney who specialize in real estate law to assist you with this. If you are in Karachi, you can have it done on your own. But if you are still in Dubai, you need a reliable person. Also, be prepared to make a quick trip or two to Karachi, if needed.

c. Either get a power of attorney from all your siblings, and send them to your attorney, so he can start the proceedings. Unless everyone can appear in person to sign off on the documents.

d. You will be asked to place an ad in a local newspaper stating that you are transferring the property to your name. I believe it has to be published for a period of 7 days to 15 days.

e. Meanwhile, your agent or attorney will get the due paperwork taken care at the court/municipal or wherever it is needed.

f. Once the paperwork is signed, and “inteqal” takes place, you will be given a copy of the paperwork.

All the siblings will get there share accordingly…

Dear as younmrntoon that all sibling will get share.if current property value is 90lacRS

Sister and brothers, married or unmarried will get same share?

Thanks in advance

Jamshed Pervez