Water tank on roof/mumti

Aoa;

I have two 200 gallons fiber water tanks on our mumti. I have developed a fear from past few months that maybe there is too much weight on mumti roof. Is my fear baseless or should i do something about it? Your advice would be really appreciated.

I guess the weight of 400 gallons of water alone is roughly equivalent to 1800 kg (1.8 ton). The tanks are minimum half full (or more up to 100%) all the time so major fraction of the weight is dead weight, i guess.

Thanks in advance;

Sabir

Walikum Asalam,

Dear Sabir, You should takecare of this matter and take it as a serious issue, because when fiber tanks get full all water splits around the tank, which causes seepage on the roof due to that mumti roof will get weaker slowly but steadly for the time being try to distribute the weight on columns or walls, and ultimately go for concrete water tank.

Thanks

Eagle Nest, thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, I agree that RCC tank is a much better solution.

What do you think about the mentioned water weight? If I keep the fiber tanks for the time being, then should I buy and use small tanks (say two 150 gallon tanks or even less)?

When I stand on my rooftop and look around then I see fiberglass tanks everywhere. Maybe, it is because an RCC tank is costly.

Thank you.

Sabir