Investing the father\'s pension

Dear experts , i am student of mechanical engineering and i am the elder sibling in family. My two younger siblings are studying . My father passed away recently . I have the pension amount of my father around 25 lakh and i want to invest this amount in some safe options. What are the options i should go for .We are currently based in sargodha and i am studying in islamabad

Dear Muhammed my suggestion will be to discuss in the family and diversify your investment so that in future profit loss is shared by the whole family. Do not invest in one particular field. Diversify according to your risk appetite. Like commodities eg. Gold, real estate ( 5 marla plot in safe society) and certificates like national or DSC or explore behbood funds. You can also explore microfinannce banks some are offering about 13% profit for a three yr investment. But you have to make sure the stability of the bank. KASB bank victims are still roaming in the courts.mutual funds is another option but be careful and read fully before investing.

Waqas if you are meeting your day to day expenses fully then only think about investing. Do not consult too much outside your family as people will trap you in some deep shit. Lets say if you come across nothing suitable then keep your money in USD. This way atleast you will be able to retain some value.