We Don't Need Old Age Homes? We Love Our Parents And Elders? I Feel Sad

Do we need old age homes? I read a news about an authority planning to make old age homes. It made me sad. Please, we don’t need them.

Zain bhai many people treat old parents really bad. If someone cannot treat old parents with the kind of love they gave him when he was a kid, then a much better option is to send them to old home. At least paid employees will take care of their needs. Even busy professionals like doctors, lawyers and engineers give no time to parents and are not worried about their needs. Instead of being mistreated by their children and being shouted at they will be happy in the company of other old folks. So there should be old homes for parents of disobedient children who don't know the value of their mother and/or father. But this is the topic of another forum not this one.

Agreed with PK1. We do need old age homes.Instead of treating the elders badly its best to send them there where they can be looked after. But i would rather die than to send my parents there.they looked after me when i couldnt now its my turn. Sadly and shamefully this cant be said for every one in Pakistan.

There are old age homes in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, some are owned by Edhi and some NGO’s.

Is their potential in Islamabad to set some old peoples homes up? Is this a good alternative as appose to a hostel or plaza?

Pakistan Baitul Mal (PBM), is planning to make old age homes in Islamabad. But i wouldn’t be interested in investing in such homes.

@Pk1, Sir i agree with you, but still the very thought of it is haunting.

@ H–T, Sir i appreciate your comment. “i would rather die than to send my parents there.they looked after me when i couldnt now its my turn”

@Zain, brother really it is a very false practice to invest in such projects .... Like what??.. Should we promote OLD AGE HOMES CULTURE ??? Absolutely not .. And as Nasir sb has said, "There are old age homes in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad, some are owned by Edhi and some NGO's." These are enough I think and in a Muslim country we shouldn't need more!

@PK1, I completely understand your point of view and I respect your words but Sir, don't you think this will further promote this culture and people will start thinking in another angle, "Oh! We have no time for our parents. Why don't we send our parents to old age homes for their better look after ..Oh, we are so caring!!!"

What I experience is parents don't expect anything from kids, they even leave properties for their children after their death ... what they want from us is affection towards them and care ...

So I totally oppose Pakistan Baitul Mal's plan.

May Allah bless and protect all parents.. Aamin

Aamin

Nice feelings!!!

But for those who really need it should be done for them....

Please check what happens in old homes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQSMltq5-c

May Allah save us from this culture.

Earlier people even used to take care of Khaala and other near relations in case they had no offsprings. Can't really say anything about new generation, may be something is required for them without actually promoting this thing a lot.

@ Farhan,

I really appreciate your point of view. MashaALLAH you have a very good thinking.

Zain, You've shaken the consciences of all readers! My emotions for parents are touching the sky..... really. All the people have solid views according to their individual experiences. I cannot sent my parents to old age home. You can't send yours as well.

But sometimes rebellion uprises even when we sow the seed of love. The very same thing happens with some parents - they fail to get attention of their children at old age. I have seen the grey-haired, even hardly stepping people begging for food and cure and on-the-spot evidences of cruelty and pitilessness. Actually these people are in need of such homes.

Dar ul Aman is already working for such people, I think. Government should assess the matter first as to whether we need more rooms now, or the institutions are doing well.

Property Portal breaks new grounds!!!!!!!!!!! :)))

Thanks Zain for honoring my words..

@Tanveer bhai, your point is also valid but Sir, if Govt and NGOs are planning to provide them shelter then they should also run campaigns to educate people about the actual purpose of such places/institutions.