Dust cloud over B-17

I live in Kuwait. Five years ago I purchased a plot in B-17 for building a house when I return to Pakistan. Now I am told that there is almost no construction activity in B-17. Last year when I visited Pakistan I went to see the plot. I found a cloud of dust hanging over the area. I thought that this dust maybe the reason that people are not building their houses in B-17. I have also read somewhere on this forum that the Bajri making activity will finish by 2012. However a friend who recently visited Pakistan told me that the activity is still going on full swing.

Also I have heard that there are issues concerning water in B-17. Some people say that it is because of the general reduction in water supply due to load shedding. Others say that the problem is more serious as there is simply not enough water to feed the growing demand in other Islamabad sectors. As such these remote sectors are being given less priority. What is the actual situation. I hope to get an honest answer in this forum.

I am therefore asking for advice as to what course I should adopt. I am seriously thinking of disposing of the plot even if I have to loose money and go elsewhere around Islamabad even if it costs a little more since I am close to retirement and want to build a house in Pakistan before I return.

Waleed

Dear Brother Aurangzeb.

1st of all please mention your block in which block your plot is.

Dear mining work is still doing there and multi officials said that with in one year mining work will be end so there is a bright possibility that mining work will stop but not 100 percent sure. Water is now a days big issue in Islamabad specially in new sectors like g -15 f 15 b -17 etc but there are multi reasons for that electricity issues rain is also another factor and hopefully it will be solved.

Slowly construction activity is started there and it will get a good pace when Margalla Avenue will be functional (app 2 years).

If you have a good budget and want immediate construction than shift your plot to G-13 G-14/4 or G-15.

By the way if you have a time of 2 years for construction then wait for Margalla Avenue prices will improve.