Effect Of I-11 Kachi Basti Clean Up

Approval Given For Razing 12 Slums In The Capital

http://e.Dunya.com.pk/detail.php?date=2014-03-21&edition=isl&id=955424_70257861

This Dunya wala link does not work. If you remember the details of this news or can look for the functional link, please reshare it here.

e.dunya.com.pk/detail.php?date=2014-03-21&edition=ISL&id=955424_70257861

I wish they start it from G-12. Due to connivance of CDA staff, the entire sector has gone to Qabza Mafia. Big markets, car show rooms, and big houses have been constructed. This has completed diminished difference between legally and illegally occupied land. On the one side of the road (G-11), you need 30 million plus money to own a house and you have to pay property tax as well, but on the other side of the road (G12) you need to spend a few lakhs of rupees for the same or bigger size of a house where you do not need to pay any taxes. These abadis must be removed if the state of Pakistan intends to maintain a difference between legal and illegal. The state should do it at all costs no matter what.

After the kachi abadi is removed, I-11 plots rates will appreciate significantly.

If this happens, will surely increase prices in the sectors plus the sectors adjoining.

I wish Ch.Nisar can do it.

This had been ordered before many times by the High Court plus Supreme Court, but no was was ever able to do it. Golra, G-12 are the hubs of many powerful, can not name them here, but it is still impossible to be done by civilians, they will be needing Pak Army's support to get rid of them.

A lot of crime is being done and is operated from these slums, they are safe houses for terrorists, arms and drugs.

If they can do it, this will be best thing ever done to Islamabad.

I can bet,nothing is going to happen…

Not doing it would mean that the state does not draw distinction between lawful and unlawful transactions. If so, then why should one spend lots of money on land purchase, just go grab the land, in case of problem pay money to cda staff, more problems pay the police, much more problems kill someone and there you go with ownership of free land where you can live or do business for decades.

Land grabbing must be seen at par with terrorism and the state should deal with it the way it deals with terrorism. Politicians can not and will not do it for their own vested interests, but only a real leader can and will do it.

I 11-2 is already developed and some houses have already been constructed. However for I 11-1 this is very good news. Right time to invest in I-11-1 and I-12. I-11-2 is already very expensive

Please also browse the link below:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1094571/protesters-told-islamabads-slums-to-be-bulldozed-at-all-costs

The CDA seems a bit serious this time. However, if they leave this un-finished this time there will be no chance then to deal with these qabza mafias in future.

Sir i will again say that nothing is going to happen…

Saadi bhai, you may be rite, but for me this is CDA’s last chance to take over and get back it’s power or if they don’t do anything this time, their will be more kachi abadis and terrorism and drugs will increase, more kachi abadis means more thiefs, more drugs, more arms and more unwanted/unknown/unregistered people in the capital without any record.

Saadi bhai you were rite :)

Just after 19 hours of your post, i just read the 2nd page of Today's Jang Newspaper, their are two headlines :

1. In the yesterday's Ministry of Interior's meeting, they have decided not to do any such action in Kachi abadis which was due to start on 24th of this very month, due to Polio vaccine etc. It is delayed for don't know how long..

2. Jay Salik, the x federal minister for minorities said that if any such action is taken, we will start JAIL BHARO plan and that will create issues.

You were very rite, the mafia is too strong to handle.

Nasir bhai i knw that…Nasir bhai your views are required regarding investment in g-14/3.Is it feasible to buy now as i visited that area today and development work is started although at slow pace but it is initiated…

Any update? They started clean up or are still the same situation?

What’s the latest in this regard? Did the operation began on 24th? I am sad for the dwellers of these katchi aabadis, after all, it was home for them.

So, nothing happened… sighhhhh

No such operations start till now in i-11 .

Finally the operation started after three week delay

http://www.dawn.com/news/1099982/cda-starts-leveling-islamabads-slums