Islamabad Highway Expansion

Cda to expand islamabad highway to 10 lane soon

Ref links

http://tribune.com.pk/story/664178/new-plan-in-the-next-few-years-rawat-may-be-the-new-islamabad/

Http://www.Parasestates.Com/2014/03/07/expanding-the-grand-trunk-cda-accorded-approval-to-expand-islamabad-highway-from-zero-point-to-rawat-into-10-lane-highway/

http://thefrontierpost.com/article/80209/Expansion-of-GT-road-approved/

"Capital Development Authority (CDA) has accorded approval to expand GT road from zero point to Rawat into 10-lane highway.

Islamabad Highway is existing 6-lane from Zero Point to Faizabad which will be tuned into 10 lanes through expansion. Highway is already 10-lane from Faizabad to Karal Chowk but it is four-lane from Karal Chowk to Rawat and this part of highway will be extended to 10-lane.

The CDA board has assigned this project to Pakistan Avenues Limited. Building wing has started conducting survey in this respect. Right of way is lying 600 feet plus 600 feet on both sides of high way from Karal Chowk to Rawat. Notices have been issued for removal of encroachments from this area because service road east and service road west will be constructed on both sides of high way."

My question is

1.Cda seems more interested in developing isb highway side than the disputed margalla avenue ..... Comments!!!!

2.Will it give a boom to zone 5 in near future

Thank you @pple for sharing these valuable links, i am glad to have read these reports.

What made u feel MA disputed ?

Islamabad Highway expansion will surely be in the list of CDA future projects as this side is getting populated and there will be a need of expansion but what will be the time frame ?

We all here looking for a prosperous, growing , stable Pakistan. No point scoring on Zone-2 vs Zone-5 please.

Cheers,

Hi

This about one and half month old

Please study the following discussion ,read all comments and you will find more info on subject

http://www.zameen.com/forum/discussions/buying_property/gandhara_triangle_gets_some_attention-4804.html

AAP KA APNA

CRORE PATTI

Nice sharing. It is really useful and informative post. I know many good architects in Pakistan who are also working for this project and sharing great news.

Samra: my pleasure

Crore patti: please check 2nd and 3rd link they are hardly 5-6 days old recently they have given approval and handed over the project to PAL

IS-Base: please read 1st link which made me think, they are more focused on Islamabad highway

Good pple

Keep it up sharing regarding this subject of isloo highway expansion and gandhara triangle

FAKAT AAP KA APNA

CRORE PATTI

Gr8 news

Any updates on lai Express :)

I think sh.rasheed would never allow PMLN to smoothly complete metro bus project as he is more focused on LAI express.

That's my personal opinion

This is no doubt a good news, but it was need of the hour, airport chowk is traffic bottle neck 24/7...365.

They need to do it after all, it has no link with Margalla Avenue, this extension will give a price increment injection to Zone 5 societies.

Margalla Avenue and Zone 2 are totally opposite, Margalla avenue will give a boom to Zone 2 societies, but both plans don't look like finishing any soon, Highway will take almost another 4 years at least, not sure about Margalla Avenue.

Thanks for share good news

Well appreciated samra

http://www.zameen.com/blog/bringing-rawat-closer-by-expanding-islamabad-highway.html

Wat is LAI EXPRESS

Its sheikh rashid area nala lai so he want expresswa in that area.

Thanks RACHID

FAKAT AAP KA APNA

CRORE PATTI

Sh Rashid may not be in a position to create any hurdle for quite sometime, I guess. He is still licking his wounds in the aftermath of rupee appreciation!!

Sheeda Tully, the son of Rawalpindi, could only come back to parliament after riding on PTI lap. No one in Pindi gives him a damn.

This expansion of Expressway is likely to benefit Zone 5 greatly. A lot of people live in this area and commute daily to Islamabad - this project will reduce their commute time greatly possibly divide by a factor of 4 (considering 15 minutes announced from Zero point to Rawat).

All members who alreay have investments in Zone 5 should hold on and wait for this to complete. This project seems to be a priority of the present government.

Good news for all societies in Zone 5 and lot of people who commute daily to ISB.

The chairman of CDA had been asked by the prime minister towork on the project on a war footing to ensure it materialises at the earliest, the report said.Talking about the salient features of the project, it said there was a proposal to build a new Islamabad across the Margalla Hills and then connect both the new Islamabad and theold Islamabad through a tunnel.

The Islamabad Highway starting from the Blue Area to Rawat would be widened to 10 lanes with commercial multistoreyed buildings on both sides on the lines of Dubai'sShaikh Zayed Road.A new international airport will be built at Rawat and itwould also be connected with the Lahore-Islamabad Motorway.

The sources said that the government expects to earn billions of dollars by offering commercial plots on both sidesof the proposed widened Islamabad Highway, which would serve askey economic and multipurpose zone.Similarly, it is expected that the new Islamabad plots would also earn billions of dollars.

The sources said that foreign investors, particularly overseas Pakistanis, would be invited to invest in the project,the report said.The project would be implemented through a limited company -Pakistan Avenue Development Company - recently approved by the

CDA Board. PTI SAP KUN 09121513

Source : Bloomberg / PTI

NOTE: i have pasted this article from another site

It will take time. However it is not possible to build highrise buildings because there are dozen of big grave yards on these green belts. So it will remain dream for NS.