Where Are The BULLS? I See Only BEARS!

Where are the buyers/investors who will take the market to the next level in 2014?

Or will bears keep the lid on the boiler?

I was expecting the bulls to go on a rampage in the first quarter of 2014. If you remember I even made the announcement asking all passengers to fasten seat belts but alas it is a PIA flight and the plane is still grounded. And passengers are already disembarking!

Pk1, i think they will come in last days of Ramadan/eid :slight_smile:

Where will they come from Nasir Sahab?

Nasir sahab is talking about UFOs,

i think investors have had enough of the honey moon last year,now its time to work ,next property stability and BOOM is expected in 2016,till then cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I totally agree with Nasir sb. On his prediction about EID. Overseas Pakistanis usually come to pakistan in EID holidays and visit locations to judged investment potentioanl and to make transfer in their presence. This will increase the buying activity putting upward pressure on property prices. This uptick will usually serve as a trigger point increasing the local investor confidence as well. Hope for the best.

Good point mr Zubair.. I wonder if any one can share data to make a more precise speculation of investment trend

1. Different Type of investors in Islamabad/pindi

2. What is the percentage split between overseas and local investors

3. Among local investors which city has the highest investment ratio in Islamabad

4. Which country has highest investment among overseas investors

Ht_1, while some members might be in a position to give statistical data for the above 4 categories, my guess is that more than 80% of real estate in Islamabad is bought through illegitimate means. Anyone with a 2 lakhs monthly income and having a 4-member family including 2 school going kids in Islamabad cannot save sufficient funds in a period of less than 50 years to buy a 5-marla house in Islamabad. (Considering approx price of a 5 marla 25x50 house in G-11 as roughly 15 million, and assuming 25K monthly saving).

Hahahaha

Khan Sb, quite true as nowadays it is almost impossible to buy anything… But there were times when things were in reach of people in Islamabad some 20- 30 years back. I guess people who took wise decisions back then became quite rich later on…

Yes, I agree and those people make 10 per cent of the whole lot. The remaining 10 per cent include overseas Pakistanis, and other genuine buyers with legitimate money.

Bulls i think are re arranging their cards these days After some recent blows .

Pk1 not very far. INSHALLAH soon you will see the BULLS as well not only BEARS :)

I think its wrong to tag that more than 80% of real estate in Islamabad is bought through illegitimate means.

Whatever is beyond our means, we think that it must be from illegitimate means.

Many ways to earn Halaal money. Long discussion though.

Malik. Sahib, I also think that the assumption that if something is beyond our means is considered illegitimate is wrong. Whatever money that is not documented and is not shown in one’s tax return is illegitimate. If you think that the billions and billions invested in real estate are also shown in tax returns then you are highlly mistaken. I think the 80 per cent figure is still a bit conservative, and probably a higher percentage doesn’t even have a tax number let alone they file a return. Do you think that all the millionnaires of today were lakh pattis 30 years ago? Not at all, probably less than 2 percent are those who used their legitimate monies intelligently many years ago and became millionnaires, and all of the rest made millions illegitimately. Please ask those who have halal income of 200K a month if they can save 25K a month, most of them would tell you that it is quite hard to make both ends meet and saving isn’t possible at all. On the other hand, you will find a vast majority whose apparent income is in thousands but they own properties of crores and crores. I consider these crores of monies illegitimate.

Taxation is a controversial topic in all respects. Be it islamic or economic.

Islamicaly sales tax is not permissable. Evonomically, failure to collect taxes on part of govt result in unjust rate of taxes on those who pay. Long discussion.

I think many people earning 200K are not married or have no kids. They live in parent's house in joint family. They buy plots in installments. Those plots make good money after years. Same is with army officers. Govt officers also get plots. Alk this is in the service structure, so halaal.

Than there is large influx of people from up the country selling their large agri property and buy smaller residential houses. Its also halaaal.

Many doctors and businessmen have good sixes. Pakistan has abnormsl business structure which results in boom for one business and the other resulting in abnormal high profits.

At times, both husband and wife are on good jobs and they can save a lot.

Mein to kahta hoon thora guzara karo jee are ratio kam kar do. Varna aisay illegitimate money say profit kumaana bhi kahein illegitimate na ho jaay.

Regular price corrections are good to avoid the property bubbles just like the one seen around 2005. The prices in Islamabad are hard to comprehend but then again it is the most clean and organized city in our country.

I agree with Malik sb here.

My father bought 40x80 plot in G-11 in mid 90's at 13 lac we shifted in the house in 2000. Now look at the prices it doubled many folds and my father earned all this through Halaal means of income. No rocket science.

World is heading towards e-life. Everything you do will be linked with each other through a data base. If you default to any of your liability (bills, tax, traffic chalans etc etc), the impact will be on everything that belongs to you. For example if you have not paid a bill, you can not travell abroad or if you did not file your tax return, you would not be able to withdraw money from your own account. This sounds unbelievale at this point of time but soon we’ll see this happening. In West, it is already there to some extent. Our Nadra is quite capable of driving this if governments in our country are willing to.

I think it will be unfair to look at he prices of the most expensive plots or the medium range plots and then guess that mots people cant buy these plots. Most people buy at relatively cheaper rates and then with time when these areas become expensive , they get out of reach of many.

There are always some areas where the medium income people can go and in next 5-10 years prices could shoot up. There are many recent exampled. One could by a 1-2 kanal in D17, B17, DHA, even Bahria 5 years ago but not now even if you take the rupee devaluation into acount.

Malik Sb… You mean there will be a better and more efficient way to snatch more money from the people and put it into the pockets of the corrupt magarmach… And even then the people will have a miserable and bad life…

What about effects of recent law and order incident in Karachi?