10% Increase Of Rent In Just First Year?

I hired house a year ago, and as I can remember we agreed to increase the rent after 2 years. The owner’s bro came to me and showed the agreement document , I don’t have the copy of it now before me but it said that "after completion of the 3 years such and such things will happen, including the rent, so how can he say that I have to pay 10% only after one year? What’s the normal routine in Islamabad ? Help!

Brother the normal SOP in Islamabad is 10 percent increment in Rent if you plan to live more, refresh the aggrement, but it is always on mutual consent of both the parties. But even if it's not written on the aggrement, it goes like this, he is rite.

Dear Nasir Khurh Sahib

Thank u for ur reply , but i m still confused , i just tell u what is in agreement" That the expiry of three(03) years a fresh agreement shall be made between the parties by mutual understanding, increasing the the rent @ 10 % yearly."

There is nothing else in the document about rent increment except this , what u say now sir ? regards

tariq___ my cell , if u can reply in text 0321 203 11 47

You can tell me that although it maybe be usual practice to increase rent each year, that is not what was agreed. The written agreement takes precedence over the usual practices.