AWT / D-18

I am looking to purchase the plot here. Looking for 1kanal with possession.

What is the current going rate? Does anybody know?

Is it good investment also?

Sir good location has the price tag of 28 lacs onwards…

This is with all development fees paid and possession yes? What is size of land? What is return in like 3-5 years. You are agent that i can meet?

I was interested in awt for long term investment due to low prices but now prices in awt increased significantly in last few months.It is going out of range of low prices. What's the reason? Why people buy in awt if same price is available in bahria town like 10 marla plot good location in awt is 20-22 lacs and same price in phase 8 bahria town for 10 marla plot.

S. Arshad: the only difference is the location of both schemes. Thanks

Sir in view point awt does not have that much attractive location…

Dear brother arshad we cant compare bahria phase 8 and awt 2 totally different locations. Awt prices were v low 6 months ago kanal plot was available around 10 lac in very good location now its almost from 26 to 29 lac due to multi reasons, awt interchange is the main reason

What is the status of sangjani interchange? Has work started on it?

26 to 29 lacs including possession or you must pay extra development fees?

@aliahmaed, there are no further extra development fee

Please allow me to add my two cents to this discussion as i might have some useful information to share. I think from purely an investment point of view, awt scheme in d-18 is ready for take off. While the construction work on sangjani interchange has triggered the recent prices increases, there are more price triggers on the way, such as: 1. Opening of sangjani interchange in 2-3months 2. Extension of margalla avenue across the gt road to the main gate of awt (it has already been approved). Even the current access road from gt road is being broadened and recarpeted and work is ongoing (you can visit the site and see for yourself). 3. While the entire infrastructure and civic amenities are available, there has been virtually no construction in the sector due to access problems. However, now with access issues being resolved construction activity is likely to gather pace after september. 4.Then there is offcourse, the new airport.

Inaddition, you can now see security personnel deployed at the location and the entire scheme is surrounded by boundrywall. There is 100% possesion. And last but not the least, there is some talk of (not confirmed) a potential joint venture with dha around this scheme. Either way, i would rate this as a sound investment for a medium term horizon. Disclaimer: i am not a property dealer.

Is this sangjiani interchange on motorway ? Has its work started ? While passing on motorway i do not see any construction work ?

Somebody has offered me 10 marla plot here for 40lacs… I feel it is over-priced. Correct?

Sir it is too much over priced

Saadi how do you compare the current price and future value of d-18 and e-17??

@ali: yes the sangjani interchange is on the m1 motorway and construction work is going on at a good pace. From the motorway you pass under the overhead bridge which is already operational. The construction work has started from the boulevard side first so if you want to see the work, you will need to visit the society since the activity has not yet crossed the outer boundrywall. Its likely to be completed in 2-3 months time.

@aliahmed: that plot is being way overpriced. That is the current going rate for a kanal plot. Plus you should keep in mind that rates are different for different blocks because of their location. If you are interested in a 10 marla plot, d block is the best, specially the plots near the boulevard. There are some boulevard plots in block c as well but they are located in a depression. A 10 marla plot in d block should cost you between 20-25 lacs, depending on its location.

Thanx amjad

Awt and engineers town were quite cheap but have doubled in the last 1 year, which was to be expected due to the general price boom in pakistan and the cheapness of these area but it happened more quickly than expected.

Few months ago we discussed on forum,that for purchasing d 18, e 17 are good options and u r right arshad price change was too quick

Does any one has plot to sell in AWT? Intersted in 10 Marla plot.

wj