AWT D-18 updates

Assalamalaikum members,

Need your opinion regarding the updates about awt d-18. On friday, i was traveling on motorway and saw that south side toll plaza is almost complete and workers were putting lights on it? Is the interchange opening soon? And what do you people think about investment in awt for one year? Thank you for your replies in advance.

@Taimoor. I don’t have any exact info on when the interchange is opening but AWT is a real good investment option. However, I believe you will need to remain invested for at least 2 years to get maximum juice out of it. I say this because its location is such that it benefits from every single project in Zone-2, right from the new airport to Margalla Avenue and offcourse, the AWT interchange itself is like a crown jewel.

@ Raza Bahi,

Thank you for your reply. Any other member have any updates on the opening of interchange

Sir I also want to ask about it and is it true that awt scheme is being purchased by dha? Thx

I dont think so that AWT is being purchased by DHA

Thanks Taimoor sb for clearing. A dealer tells me that talks were going on and society buying more land for expansion. Maybe its for AWT themselves.

@ZG. That rumor was in the market over a year ago but its finished now. I asked one of our longtime client who was holding a senior level position in DHA back then about it and he told me that no such option was under consideration as DHA already had its hands full. He did however tell me that AWT was going to have a development upgrade and it might end up having nearly DHA standards in the next few years.

@ Raza Bahi,

If AWT ends up with such standards than it is very good investment. All the people that i have talked till now are of the opinion that it is the right time for investment in AWT. Everything is there and the plots are with possession. Not like many other societies that don't have physical land against the files. After Imran Khan's dharna, property market has improved and i hope that Reham Khan keeps Imran busy so that real estate market keeps on improving and all those involved with property business can benefit.

@Taimoor. I have some information which suggests that the project may be opened around April, but it is dependent on certain other developments, so the inauguration date may change.

@ZG. I think there is some background to this and if I remember correctly DHA phase-I also use to be an AWT scheme in Morgah which was later acquired by DHA, just like they did with Commoner's town in phase-2. There was also news that AWT management had requested the services of a team from DHA to help with developing their future infrastructure plan. Having said that, I don't think there is any chance that AWT will hand over this scheme to DHA.

Lets see…when this project opens . I also think that AWT management will open this interchange soon because most investors are interested to invest in Zone 2 of ISB. And AWT is currently one of the cheapest in this Zone

B17 is 8km further in direction of peshawar (on GT Road) how is it 25km and AWT 30km? not to mention when motorway link opens on awt it will be under 4 mins to islamabad toll plaza and another 10 mins to G-13.

Good point Hgdhs…One can reach Islamabad toll plaza from AWT Interchange within 6 minutes. Now lets wait for the Interchange link to open, than i am pretty sure that prices here are going to rise

AWT is going to rise within next 3 months. It is good time to buy now.

@ Manahil Estate! What is the news of opening of Motorway Interchange and how much work has been done on this interchange on both sides of the motorway

Also Consider Wapda Town adjacent to AWT. It will also get benefited after opening of interchange. I visited this saturday and saw one house was under construction in block-C.

Prices in WTI are half than AWT

If the workers are putting lights then its a grt news for Sangjani interchange and its surrounding societies. .

I think Interchange will be operational soon… Just checked it on Google Earth…

Is it appearing on Google maps ?

Yes it is appearing on Google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Islamabad,+Pakistan/@33.6527123,72.8272718,1303m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x38dfbfd07891722f:0x6059515c3bdb02b6

Wikimapia as well

This is BIG news for this side of Zone 2..