Bad buying experience with bahria dealer

Dealers Game/frauds

We have made a deal with "Prism – Estate & Builders - Rawalpindi Branch" (https://prismestate.com/), the representative of prism who made deal with us is Mr. Gulzar (Rawalpindi Branch). We have made deal on 12/04/2018 against 5 Marla file (phase 8 extension) - Plot: 14, St: 29, Precent: 4

On deal time Mr. Gulzar has confirmed that it's fair and honest deal, and they have a file with one of their colleagues in their office.

On Transfer day, when we reached to Bahria transfer office with Pay Order and all formalities, they have submitted transfer fee even, I have requested them if it's a fair deal then I want to meet with seller, as soon as i said to them i want to meet with seller, I want to see who is seller, first their colour was changed, 2 to 3 dealers were there in this small deal, after 2 to 3 minutes they have refused that they are not willing to show me the seller, and if i will argue to meet the seller first then they will cancel the deal.

I said to them then at least clear me that it's not fair/honest deal. After 2,3 minutes they went out of Bahria office, called someone (most probably their bosses) and then all of them including seller disappeared, just one person came to us after 5 minutes (Mr. Awais - representative of prism), he took us in his office in front of Bahria transfer office, initially he didn't say anything to us, just offered us tea or coffee, and after 10 to 15 minutes, he said deal is cancelled as we wanted to meet with seller, the other party is not ready to show the seller as seller is their relative and look like they have taken 50 thousand to 1 lakh margin in this deal.

I was shocked how technical and fraud they are. Bank Draft was with us, we have made it on their instructions, transfer fee was paid to Bahria office, all other documentations was ready, but just because buyer requested that he want to see the seller they have cancelled the deal within a minute.

After an hour, i came to know they have cancelled the deal due to two reasons:

01) It was unfair deal - they took margin in that deal. Deal was at 10.50 lakh with seller and they are giving me the same file at 11 lakh

02) Secondly at the day of transfer file price was increased one lakh, it was 12 lakh at that day, that's why they disappeared and sold the file somewhere else.

--

As I know the CNIC of seller, because we made pay order for seller, I have contacted my friend in Nadra for his address and i went there to meet the seller personally.

01) Seller was really nice guy, he confirmed that his deal was at 10.5, he said dealer said to him that buyer didn't come to transfer office and they will call him in a day or two, means they didn't inform him that the deal is cancelled because they made 10.5 deal with him and probably sold the file to someone else at 12.

02) When seller contacted to dealer in front of us as after knowing the truth he don't want to proceed with them, they said to him that as he got biana so he can't back foot because they have sold the plot and also received full payment on behalf of him, seller was shareef addmi wo wahan chup ho gia, mery samny sari bat hoi iski dealer sy.

--

Now for me:

01) As bank draft was ready, when we went back to bank manager, he refused to take back the draft as it was on seller's name. It took me one week to clear the bank draft after lot of requests and efforts with the Bank.

02) as they have paid the transfer fee too, Bahria office said we have to wait for one week, and after that contact them with application fee for refund, and after 2 to 3 months we will get our refund back.

03) They charged us one thousand fee as well as documentation charges.

04) We have visited Bahria 2 times for this deal, costed us at least 3 to 4 thousand and khawari separate.

--

Telling you all the story, please always request to see the buyer or seller at the time of deal, as dealers are fraud now days, it's a mafia, they are charges us 1 percent commission and after that unfair deals are unacceptable. I know it would be challenge for us, but one should always ask to meet the party before deal, and boycott and stay away from Prism – Estate & Builders - specially Rawalpindi Branch.

If anyone needs more information they can contact me on msiddique.bhatti@hotmail.com

Dear Siddique,

Ramadan Mubarak to all forum members.May Allah shower you with loads of blessings.On the holy month of Ramadan.

Celebrate and be blessed.

Regards

Many thanks for shared such a fraud dealer.It will help many new investors and genuine buyers who like to live there.
People must homework and ask 3 to 4 dealers before go to final deal also give ad in olx and zameen.com as buyer to search genuine seller.sometime one plot with many dealers and every dealer like to "TOP" means hide real seller to make more money so always face to face deal front of dealer.Dealers 1% par iqtfa nie karta thats why her waqat rota he rahtaa hain kounka haram ka pasaa rukta nie ha.
Regards

Thank you Nadeem bhai, Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family too.

Thanks for sharing some tips of buying and selling. Appreciated sir!

Dear Naseem bhai, Ramadan Mubarak to you and your family. Thanks for sharing good tips for selling and buying brother. JazakAllah

Such dirty games are too common nowadays, I too bought a plot without meeting the owner. I made draft in one name and file was transferred from another name, but I think this is because it was kept open. Is this ok? Society has given me possession letter also, so it is OK?

Ramazan Karim to all zameen memebers and their beloved ones.

May Allah Pak Shower His Blessings to all and Shower His Mercy upon our beloved country.

We stand to pray before Allah Kareem for His Forgiveness be bestowed upon our mistakes.

Dear Siddiqui sb, thank you for sharing your experience with this forum. I am sure this will guide us to be more assertive and demand transparent deals instead of falling prey to some fraud dealers and their dirty tactics.

This estate agency and dealer should be boycotted, unless the agency takes notice of its fraud member and compensate Mr. Siddiqui for his damages.

Thanks Siddique sb.
Aap nain sari baat btaa kur neki ka kam kia hay.
I have written at Zameen may be several time a different-flavored fraud with my own friend:
My friends is a multi million riyals business man here in Gulf.
He bought a file, finished deal with BT and dealer and returned back.
Music started playing back after He left country: The dealer & my friend have same name. The dealer approached the BT, showed his ID and claimed that his father name is entered wrongly.
Name correction then done, so was the fraud!
My friend added this plot to his loss and refused to go Pakistan and fight with dealer and in court.
He can afford this loss but think it had happened to a common person?
BT office is still good but we need to open our heart and mind before we do any deal in Pak property!
My own experience of two plots going to DHA-3 from garden city, is another master piece of BT and DHA-3 cartel.
But “ ye kahani phir sahee”

I bought a plot once from this "Lone" guy, I could type his full name but wont be fair I guess,,,,

I had a reasonably ok experience, when buying plots nowdays, don't get too much into top or meet the seller thing, it rarely happens that they show seller or don't do top,,,,this has become a norm unfortunately.....just evaluate the price and if it suits you just try to get the transfer

YC, as a general rule, if your dealer informs that this deal is with an "investor" (which usually are their cronies), then you don't get into "top" and meeting the seller thing and close the deal based on best price.

But if the dealer is insisting to be the most honest person on earth and that the deal is with a genuine seller, then yes, you should go to the bottom of it.

I have been so used to such tactics that now its understood that most of what a dealer says is a lie. I feel pity , as they have made bluffing and telling lies their profession. But its more than that...

A guy named 'Wali Khan' who works in Bahria Enclave, and has office their on the main road, confirmed the deal of my plot, with an understanding that the amount of his commission ( 50 k ). Such dealers tend not to give you 100% amount payorder and would ask the buyer to bring some cash as well...

Anyway, once the deal was done and I was handed over the pay order, i asked for the remaining amount, the dealer gave me the cash after deducing 60k commission. Once I asked him it was agreed the deal is acceptable to me only if you get 50k commission, he replied I didn't say yes in response, I said "Allah Khair Karey ga"...

Although 10K is a small amount, but one can imagine how cheap these guys are, and by the way this is an aged guy.. A liar, hypocrite, and a 3rd rate cheater.

One lesson learned for all those genuine guys around, do ask for 100% amount as pay order, if there is no other reason, as this splitting of amount into different modes is where these Dealers play their games..

The rare breed of “honest property dealers” has simply vanished or wiped out! Investors disguise as dealer & dealers disguise as investors.

@YC I agree with you; i was trying to negotiate the price with that dealer almost whole day, and he was not willing to decrease the price, the reason he was giving me that it's an honest deal that's why there are no chances to decrease the price.

When we said to him about meeting with seller party, he said the seller is one of our colleagues in office, so no need to meet him, it's an office file.

We said Ok, and we made the deal, but on transfer day; i just wanted to see or confirm about his words - after deal so many times he even said to us -- ap ki to shoti c deal hai , hamara wesy time zaya ho raha hai, itni shoti to deal hum karty hi nahin, he was giving us an impression that is ny hum py ehsaan kia ye deal karwa k.

I remember we got a plot in B-17, the gentleman called seller for meeting, not only seller, he also given money in front of us to the seller. Seller was happy and we too. After the transfer completion, my brother said to him for some discount in his commission, he said NO, not even one thousand he will give us discount, and we were happy for it, we paid him his commission happily, as that was his right as he made a fair deal. In Bahria I doubt if any dealer is doing fair deal now days. Aisy aisy bahany aur nakhry karty hain dealer; itny nakhry is k nahin hoty jo actually main plot of owner hota hai (seller), jitny nakhry ye karty hain buyer k samny.

@YC I agree with you; i was trying to negotiate the price with that dealer almost whole day, and he was not willing to decrease the price, the reason he was giving me that it's an honest deal that's why there are no chances to decrease the price.

When we said to him about meeting with seller party, he said the seller is one of our colleagues in office, so no need to meet him, it's an office file.

We said Ok, and we made the deal, but on transfer day; i just wanted to see or confirm about his words - after deal so many times he even said to us -- ap ki to shoti c deal hai , hamara wesy time zaya ho raha hai, itni shoti to deal hum karty hi nahin, he was giving us an impression that is ny hum py ehsaan kia ye deal karwa k.

I remember we got a plot in B-17, the gentleman called seller for meeting, not only seller, he also given money in front of us to the seller. Seller was happy and we too. After the transfer completion, my brother said to him for some discount in his commission, he said NO, not even one thousand he will give us discount, and we were happy for it, we paid him his commission happily, as that was his right as he made a fair deal. In Bahria I doubt if any dealer is doing fair deal now days. Aisy aisy bahany aur nakhry karty hain dealer; itny nakhry is k nahin hoty jo actually main plot of owner hota hai (seller), jitny nakhry ye karty hain buyer k samny.

Very well wrote by TS-1

However, we can't entirely blame the dealers. Real culprits are society managements who force these dealers to do dirty work on their behalf. These days honest dealer cannot survive in any society, he will be kicked out very quickly by management.

All this dirty property business is DHA's gift to our nation. They are the one who started registering dealers and started using dirty tactics before anyone else. Now it is wide spread in every society.

Pakistan mein sara filth boot-waloon ki invention hota hai.

True, this dealer registration is a headache instead of blessing

Dear there was a very simple solution to this plus some suggestion;

1)- If you had down payment on legal paper could challenge the deal in Court by submitting all prepared pay orders. Do you know even specific period stamp paper couldn't be cancelled so easily.

2)- Bankers can't refuse the cancellation of DD/PO as its your right to get them cancelled.

3)- Bahria can't receive transfer fee in case of non transfer in addition its a unique case.

4)- Please do remember its a nation of Munafic people so please take care in future and not to trust on any dealer in market.

5)- Prism management is Qadyani and they also offer Germany visa services. They are famous for such things

Regards

Muhammad Faisal

Dear Faisal !

01) I totally understand i can go the court, atleast consumer court as I have all evidences with me. The plot is sold to someone else; so not sure what would be the outcome of that. So bit confuse to go to court or not.

02) Bankers didn't refuse to cancel DD/PO but there are some formalities before cancellation of DD/PO for example they have requested us to contact to the person with the name of that DD is; and request him to write an application for bank that DD is not required any more and also provide the copy of CNIC. Now days no one is providing copy of CNIC easily due to the situation of Pakistan, so it took a long time for me to cancel that DD.

03) Transfer fee in Bahria, there is a bank branch when you enter in bahria office, you have to submit transfer charges and then you have to attach the receipt of transfer fee before submitting the file for transfer in bahria office. I had that receipt with me.

--

Thanks

Its very hard now days; but i remember when we got land in 2010 and 2011; all below steps executed in front of us. Now days i am thinking it's almost not possible.

01) insist to meet the party at the time of deal.

02) make sure they are asking the pay order for the same person you met at the time of deal.

03) make sure the same person is coming for transfer at the time of transfer.

04) try to make full pay order at the name of seller.

05) insist them to pay the amount or pay order to seller in front of you.