Bahria Town, Karachi - Safe Or Not!

I am exploring the value of investing in a 125 sq. yrd. plot in Bahria Town, Karachi.

I have been told that the current own is Rs. 1,80,000/-.
The investment seems attractive. However, the market sentiment does not seem positive.

Need advice on whether to go ahead or not.

Regards.

Should wait until BT suck the surplus 5 marla files from the market. …

@ Million . Please explain a little confusion. 125 marla people have paid around 350000rs. Till now as part of token + installments. Our Brother Paracha says that it is 180000 own. Does it mean that he will have to pay 350000+180000=530000rs?

As per my knowledge 125 yards is going on par i,e no profit no loss, own of 180 k seems enrealistic

I have the same feeling as Mr Adeel. If someone is telling you an own of 180K please recheck.

The total amount of Rs, 3,50,000/- suggests that own is Rs. 50,000. As Rs. 3,00,000/- is the amount of installments already paid (2*150,000/-)

Paracha Sahib. There seems to be some confusion. For 125 yards , each quaterly installment is of 90000Rs. 2*90k=180K

Token = 150K

Resigtration form 15K

Total= 180+150+15=350K

if there is an own of 50K I would be very happy. :) but as per my knowledge it is around 20K so total price is around 370K.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

For more recent updates on BTK prices....

Http://property365.pk/bahria-town-karachi-latest-rates-september-10-2014/

@Sohail,

It seems my source has given me incorrect information. My guess is you are right. Probably, the installment is Rs. 90,000/- per quarter.

Would reconfirm with my source.

Thanks for mentioning.

So, is Bahria Town an advisable investment for 3-10 years time horizon?

Would it give better returns than DHA City Karachi for the same time period?

Seeking expert advise.

DHA city is far away from Karachi than BTK,

Bahria homes, school, hospital and bahria Head office under construction and will be ready soon for occupancy... The pace of work is quite fast and reflects BTK will be liveable sooner than expected time. Insha Allah.

It is very good place for investment… So kindly invest ASAP…

Investment seems interested but due to fluctuation in prices investment might be risky…

I think BTK is a safe investment. Risk of unexpected is common to any investment at all.

However, 125 yds has been in difficult waters from the beginning coz of over supply. Prefer 250 yards if you can manage.

Wise investors pick options when prices are low, which is the case now. If the sentiment turned very positive then of course you will not get them at current prices.

Goodluck!

Still thinking about BTK !!!

For the readers confused about the on and the profit and the rate:

If you go to a dealer asking about karachi 5marla, they'll quote you 1,80,000. What this means is that for your 1.8 lacs you're paying for

Down payment 150,000 and

Registration 15,000

Profit (the rest of the amount) 15,000 in thus case

Now this is just the 'rate'. The total amount payable is decided on case to case basis, depending upon how many installments have been paid for that particular file/form.

If you're buying a form with 2 installments paid you will pay the 'rate' (1,80,000) + the two installments (90,000 x2)

So the total payable would be 360,000

So in this scenario:

The rate is 1,80,000

The profit is 15000

And the price is 3,60,000