Bahria town expansion in different cities

As everybody knows, bahria town has decided to expand itself and jntroduced many projects in short period of time like be2 islamabad, 5-different projects in karachi, golf city in lahore, green valley jn lahore, upcoming projects in hyderabad, nawab shah, peshawar, faisalabad etc
Many of the previously announced projects have not been completed and delivered on time. Dont you think; further expansion will divert the concentration of bahria town management and may be they cant continue that development standards as they would have to be dependant to many professionals. Evenmore; these announcements can be tactics just to collect the as much money as possible from investors and genuine customers.
This just one point of view. I welcome the unbiased thoughts of forum members about it.

Irfan Sb, I don’t think expansion will affect their development standards. But, yes, non deliverance of existing schemes put a bad name to their reputation.

Hellow guys! You know the real estate development takes time, there are a lot of hurdles, non deliverance of schemes in time will not effect the Reputaion of Bahria, the proof of that is the long quee you can see at their Karachi Office.

@Rashid sb

I observed much longer quees in islamabad and lahore in 2003 when bahria launched phase-8 & phase-9. Today; after ten years there is no news about phase-9 & phase-8 also not delivered. If you think bahria needs more than 10-years to develop and deliver one phase then you can imagine what bahria will do with recently announced projects. I am not against bahria but sharing facts with you.

@Irfan. I think the recent phenomenon of "form trading" has had a negative impact on people's expectations and perceptions about Bahria. People have started thinking that getting a plot in Bahria is like winning a lottery ticket that will payback in a day. While its true, atleast for Isb/Rwp that all their recent projects are in profit, real estate development is a time taking process when quality is a major consideration.

You can see the examples of DHA, not just Isb but also in Lahore, on how the pace of development is. Has DHA given plots in Phase 7, 8 and 9 in 3 years since launch? Obviously Not. So if Bahria takes its time, it shouldnt ring any alarm bells, as long as the quality is being ensured. The key is to plan the projects well before launching development work. No need to rush.

Bahria is too big to fail now, different projects in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad are managed by this group, this is the only biggest Developer in Asia which can handle all this, with state of the art machinery at work, and great minds/think tanks and a very good team.

It can manage whatever it is doing and i don't see it failing.

@Nasir Khurshid. If you find “Bahria is too big to fail now” and “It can manage whatever it is doing and i don’t see it failing” Then how come you have been describing BE 2 as a failure?? Is it not a project of that same Bahria, “the only biggest developer in Asia”, as you mentioned. Kya ye Khula Tazaad nahi hai?! :smiley:

Valid argument there Syed. I am awaiting your reply Nasir saab.

Bahria's ad in today's newspaper regarding no immediate launch of any scheme in other cities. Here is the link:

http://e.jang.com.pk/12-13-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=20_01.gif

@Syed Amjad sb

Most probably; Bahria will launch schemes in other cities in April once they finish the registration process of Karachi Projects.

If they start schemes now; then investors will prefer buying of "Perchy" of these schemes, which will effect the Karachi registration process and Ultimately; it would lead to less collection of funds from Karachi. Once Karachi process is over then Bahria will open new ventures.

Nobody shared his / her valuable thoughts about the last part of my question.

Note; I am also admirer of Bahria having small investment in it as well. I am just sharing the different possible aspects which came into my mind regarding the current moves from Bahria. PLs don't take my comments in negative mod.

I do admire the deliverance of bahria, but I personally not in favour of the marketing tactics they are using for their projects.

Regards

Well its not so easy to expand in small cities. Bahria will remain in Islamabad,Lahore and Karachi for some time. They will not divert to other cities in current situation. The reason is very simple,Most of our nation people trying to move in big cities for thier better live, better education of thier kids and better business oppurtunites. So they bring a lot of capital with them, thats whay when you launch new projects in big cities, you get quick response which is compareing low in small cities.