Battle Between Zone 2 And Zone 5

Very often a question rises to mind that which zone will achieve greater success.. 1-zone 2:pros and cons are as follows... Close to central Islamabad. Approach through Kashmir highway Best names in zone 2 are g-15 and f-17.. Rest of the societies are long term and lacks basic infrastructure right now... I will not count airport as plus point because it is not the basic necessity of life and every body do not have to travel airport daily. 2-Pros and cons of zone 5: A bit faraway from Islamabad... Major brands are Bahria and DHA which are the mini europes of future and have all the basic necessity of life... In fact at DHA business bay all the brands have booked their places in advance and they are already present in civic center Bahria Town.. Schools,hospitals and cantt is nearby... Only issue is distance and hectic traveling to Islamabad.. So which one will be better for investment zone 2 or zone 5????

Hey Saadi, jawab tou ap ne khud hi de dia hai, Zone 5 is my pick.

Zone 5 every day of the week.

http://tinyurl.com/NavalAnchorage

http://tinyurl.com/qcspakistan

Zone -5 Bro all the way…

For living a luxury life ZONE-5 should be the choice. Infrastructure and facilities of ZONE-2 societies are not up to that level which ZONE-5 has (DHA, Bahria, Naval, PWD, Soan Garden, Gulberg(future) etc.).

Agree with all of u development standards are too high in bahria only dha standards are now controversial but in zone 2 multi is also a good developer, dear saadi one thing else every body donot have to travel everyday this is not the advantage of air port, actually investors always count airport for other reasons, first of all in surroundings of air port people can get high rental income as more then one lac employees will work in this airport of different departments and different air lines, then from jehlum to nowshera people will visit that area due to air port and many other points. However i accept that good development standards are in zone 5 but location wise zone 2 is much better then zone 5 with average or some better developments.

1 Like

Sir how dha standards are controversial????Devlopment by habib rafiq is simply awesome in both the phases.if u are pointing towards their freezed accounts,then one thing for sure that they will be released soon.Sir rental income will be high only when airport will be fully operational..and for new airport still a long way to go...

Another question sir:if the rental income is high in adjoining areas of air port then why rental value is less near the areas of present airport???

Dear Saadi
habib rafique also developed cabinet e 16 17 may be u dont know that but standards are different, we cant compare dha developed area with bahria developed area there is a big difference.
Now your 2nd question was why rental value is less in the areas of present airport, in present airport those towns which are connected to airport rentals are low there but in a range of 3 or 4 km or even 5 to 6 km rentals are very good including pwd bahria same is the situation with zone 2 its almost 5 to 6 km away from airport even some of sectors are 10 km away from airport and those options will be ist preference of employee as they need a place to live which is a bit on side from air port but not v away , remember top city mumtaz city which are very close to air port and also pechs are not the part of zone 2.

Yes sir this land is under control of rda…obviously sir u will get only for what u have paid…obviously dha pay heavily to habib rafiq…and sir rental value of bahria is not due to airport…it is due to their development standards…btw dha and bahria have its own position and customers…and again new airport has long way to go still…may be 5 years.

One can make decisions based on past experience. I see the example of Lahore, where the location of DHA is inconvenient, yet the high development standards and presence of all top brands means that it is most desirable.

Based on this past data, I would think that Phase V is much better for living, at least for the next 10 years, as I dont see any large brands opening up in B17 or nearby in the near future.

@ lse sir that is the point…every famous and world class brand is focusing bahria town and dha e.g hyperstar is going to open after sometime,nihsat linen etc etc…not a single brand of such standard is going to zone 2 for at least some years…

Dear Saadi I agree with u and lse 1 but please check ur topic u asked which one is better for investment not for living purpose and i still believe that investment wise zone 2 is best after zone 1 ( CDA). U can compare last one year prices of every sector of zone 2 increase ratio is more then double even in many areas its triple +, in complete zone 2 not only in a particular sector, u can check g 15 ,f 15 , f 16 , g 16, e 16 ,e 17 b 17 and i 14 to i 16 but in zone 5 only dha and bahria is increasing in a good speed not complete zone in other areas increase ratio is not double or tripple. This is the difference between both zones investment wise , location always matter sir otherwise emmar prices and sale purchase should more then bahria but location always matter.

Sir i am also talking w.r.t to investment point of view…Sir u are right that whole zone 2 has increased but sir in last three to five months bahria town also got multiplied by 2 or 3 times and dha also is multiplied by approximately 2 times…sir actually my point was that after opening of world class brands dont u think zone 5 prices will beat zone 2 and despite all odds u mentioned, bahria and dha is still expensive than zone 2…btw i was also talking w.r.t bahria and dha as i have mentioned them in my post…

Dear saadi i agree about bahria and dha i already mentioned in my first comment but if read it clearley i am talking about complete zone there are more then 10 big projects and names in zone 5 but all of them are not increasing so in zones i will prefer zone 2 investment wise as bahria is already on its higher end due to development due to big brands due to infra but all of these things ll come in zone 2 and will increase price. We are not comparing bahria only with zone 2 we are comparing 2 different zones, jinnah gardan jamu kashmir zone 5 gulberg opf naval korang pakistan own all of them are also part of zone 5. Brands always come there where population is brands are in commercial market brands are in saddar brands are in f 10 markaz they are not developed like bahria so definitely after population zone 2 will get major brands , This is my personal opinion i can be wrong

Sir i have a query…if brands just open their outlets on the basis of head count,then why dont kfc,hardess,nishat linen etc etc open their outlets at pirwadhai,choorh harpal,shakrial etc etc…btw g-15 has more population as compared to bahria phase 7,8 and intellectual village but all the big brand are approaching there and markaz of g-15 is being developed on the same old karyana culture…

I would say that brands go there, where they see potential buyers in the society. So, if a particular society will not have the purchasing power for branded items, the brands will not come there, only based on their population size. Thanks

Dear saadi if u r comparing g 15 with pirwadha faizabad then i dont have any logic to prove if a person is buying one kanal plot in g 15 in 1 crore and 20 lac and then spending another one crore on it then he can afford kfc mcdonald etc but a person who is living on 2000 rent in pirwadhia cant afford them , brand physibilites are always on clients purchasing power and location. Another thing is bahria was developed 13 years ago initial phases but mostly brands moved there in last 3 or 4 years brands always wait for population and for that population who can afford. F 10 was developed 30 years ago but kfc and pizza hut was launched there almost in last 6 or 8 years, is there any major change of development in f 10 from last 10 years no same old style.

Sir actually that was my point that head count only do not matters…There are also some other factors which u did not mentioned in ur earlier post…btw major brands are operational in bahria town for more than 4 years…

Yes @Syed Ibrahim sb., you are very right in your facts. I would like to add further that karyana culture is all over the places and not only in G-15 as saadi has mentioned. To see it for yourself, just visit the Ayub Market in F-6. Did a karyana bazar presence devalued the property in F-6? Not at all I would say. As per my knowledege it is the most expensive residential place in Pakistan. A one kanal house would cost you around 7-9 crores. No place from bahria / dha can match this. Not even the ones from Lahore which are way too older. Infact not only karyana but even kachi abadiis are there in all the elite sectors of ISB but those even dont hurt the values of properties there.

So I would say that likewise G-15 would flourish at a pace faster than any other bahria or dha. No matter what... Because of the basic three principles of property business... 1. Location, 2. Location, 3. Location

Interesting discussion going on.I agree with Ibrahim that prices rose sharply in zone 2 as compared to Zone 5 as a whole.

But I think at the end standard and quality will matter.In the past 20 years, Islamabad( CDA sectors) prices beat everybody' expectations due to it's unique location, importance and weather.

But now future looks to me for BAHRIA and DHA as CDA is not spending on it's sectors as it did in the past. CDA is always short of money with average development standards.On the other hand BAHRIA and DHA's development standards are very high and continuously doing development at a rapid speed as compared to CDA sectors. In next 10 to 15 years DHA and Bahria might lead in price increase as compared to CDA sectors.This is my point of view, I could be wrong though.