Buying plot in bahria overseas ph8 - now or next year

Dear friends,

Seeking your advice whether one (being an overseas pakistan) should buy a one kanal plot in bahria-8 rwp overseas blocks now or wait for another 6 months if the prices are expected not to increase?

Objective is to buy the plot and construct home for self living.

Prices may not increase significantly will remain mostly stable. Should buy plot if cash available

@Anis-ud-din thank you.

There is also a market rumors of PKR devaluation in coming months; which won't benefit if we buy now.

I don’t think so more devaluation will occur infact 4 month back devaluation prediction was dollar should reach 180 but it stabilizes at 150

@S Anwer.but rupee is getting stability as of now it gain value from 160 to 155.how u can say devaluation is possible?

*Re: Devaluation possibility

Current Acc =
Balance of Trade (export - import) +
Net Factor Income (interests, dividends. etc.) +
Net Transfer Payments (foreign aids, loans, reimbursements, etc.)

Just like an individual would have a bank account, state has its account for all external payments and revenues.

Now with IMF loan (well now they call it package) incoming, the account has USDs and state dont need to borrow as much as it had to before the loan. When the loan will be repaid, additional USDs would need to be borrowed for that and it most likely cause the next round of significant devaluation. Classic Supply:Demand thing.

To avoid or better counter that, exports > imports and increased foreign direct investments. 'Kamai always better then Udhaar'.

There are financial institutes that have dedicated departments to forecast Currency values for upcoming years and data available publicly

-----
*not technical insights but basic facts.

I'm selling my personal plot in overseas enclave sector 1 st.10 (rwp).

Area: 1 Kanal (back open)

Premium location
Walking distance to dominion mall.

Aleem , Please share the price of the plot as well.

@imtiaz so u means to say no devaluation of PKR as IMF loan is to be expected.more dollars coming

Sir, this thread may not be the right one as the topic has been discussed at length in Currency Devaluation thread.

Conclusive summary remains:

1. IMF dollars will need to be repaid and with interest and lots of conditions. They are temporary solution to save the state finances from collapse and in the meantime try to find a solution

2. One solution is to increase Exports and Foreign Direct Investment.

If 2 is not achieved and repayment of IMF loan that's a disaster. Yes USD will rise when loans to be repaid and it will more sharply if 2 is not in place. You can see impact of loans on power tarrifs, austerity, interest rate, GDP, inflation - just to name a few.

Thank you everyone for their responses; but as @Imtiaz sb said, this is deviating from the main topic i.e. My question whether is it good to buy one kanal plot in bahria-8 rwp overseas blocks now or wait for another 6 months if the prices are expected not to increase?

A lot has been discussed on PKR valuation stuff. Please help me understand the second aspect i.e. "What is expected in plots prices in next 6 months - increasing or decreasing?"

@Aleem, I have sent you a private message - please check and respond.

@S Anwer

This question is hard to answer, but wait till Jan for any possible devaluation then mobilize your money to shop a plot. Price wise, this is the best time to buy.

Hopyfully we'll be out of this political and economic mess created by these jokers.

I agree with isloo this is the best time to buy while talking to the bankers and economy experts here they think that devaluation is not going to effect.

I don't see any major change in the prices of these blocks as they are populated and they have very little effect on the price.

@S Anwer: i didn't get your private msg.

Please call or whatsapp for anymore further detail 03039242002

Appreciate responses of Isloo1 and Abbasi shb. Jan isn’t too far either; shall wait n watch as I am not in hurry.

Thanks to Aleem shb for sharing plot details; but I think it’s a higher asking price.

@S.Anwar, as you want to buy a plot for building your own house, don't confuse yourself, there is not much science in it, just proceed this is the right time, you will be able to get nice locations plots choices at this time, for building your own house its not every time therefore important is the beautiful plot with nice location rather waiting for few laks up and down.

it sounds silly but trust the famous saying in real-state.

"Buy when every one is selling and sell when every one is buying"

@S Anwer: Sir, price is reasonable and also slightly negotiable for you and TBH, its completely unfair to compare the rates of st 10 with st 26 or so on… St 10 is opened from both sides and very limited availability of plots in this street. As i told you on phone, you may check the market and visit the actual location to get the proper idea. :slight_smile: You’re welcome

@S Anwer: since you're already locked on Ph.8 Overseas Enclave (Bahria Greens), you should start narrowing down your choice in terms of location.

My personal preference is Sector 5, which is right on express-way and has height location. If you can get something at hill-top that would be superb.

@Isloo1, thank you for your reply.

I haven't locked the choice yet but reading many discussions on zameen forums, I believe the good locations for one kanal plots are only Bahria Greens. If there are other better or same options in better price, please advice me sir.

@Isloo1, awaiting your advice.