Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
General Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable General Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new General Advice discussion.
S Anwer
( 143 posts )

[31 Replies]
Dear friends,

Seeking your advice whether one (being an overseas pakistan) should buy a one kanal plot in bahria-8 rwp overseas blocks now or wait for another 6 months if the prices are expected not to increase?

Objective is to buy the plot and construct home for self living.

429 days ago In General Advice
    Post Answer
    Anis-ud-din ..
    (36 posts)
    Prices may not increase significantly will remain mostly stable. Should buy plot if cash available
      428 days ago 

S Anwer
      (143 posts)
      @Anis-ud-din thank you.

There is also a market rumors of PKR devaluation in coming months; which won't benefit if we buy now.
        425 days ago 

A M Abbasi
        (318 posts)
        I don't think so more devaluation will occur infact 4 month back devaluation prediction was dollar should reach 180 but it stabilizes at 150
          425 days ago 

Muhammad sai..
          (39 posts)
          @S Anwer.but rupee is getting stability as of now it gain value from 160 to 155.how u can say devaluation is possible?
            423 days ago 

Imtiaz
            (2053 posts)
            *Re: Devaluation possibility

Current Acc =
            Balance of Trade (export - import) +
            Net Factor Income (interests, dividends. etc.) +
            Net Transfer Payments (foreign aids, loans, reimbursements, etc.)

Just like an individual would have a bank account, state has its account for all external payments and revenues.

Now with IMF loan (well now they call it package) incoming, the account has USDs and state dont need to borrow as much as it had to before the loan. When the loan will be repaid, additional USDs would need to be borrowed for that and it most likely cause the next round of significant devaluation. Classic Supply:Demand thing.

To avoid or better counter that, exports > imports and increased foreign direct investments. 'Kamai always better then Udhaar'.

There are financial institutes that have dedicated departments to forecast Currency values for upcoming years and data available publicly

-----
            *not technical insights but basic facts.
              423 days ago 

Aleem
              (12 posts)
              I'm selling my personal plot in overseas enclave sector 1 st.10 (rwp).

Area: 1 Kanal (back open)

Premium location
              Walking distance to dominion mall.

421 days ago 

A M Abbasi
                (318 posts)
                Aleem , Please share the price of the plot as well.
                  421 days ago 

Muhammad sai..
                  (39 posts)
                  @imtiaz so u means to say no devaluation of PKR as IMF loan is to be expected.more dollars coming
                    421 days ago 

Imtiaz
                    (2053 posts)
                    Sir, this thread may not be the right one as the topic has been discussed at length in Currency Devaluation thread.

Conclusive summary remains:

1. IMF dollars will need to be repaid and with interest and lots of conditions. They are temporary solution to save the state finances from collapse and in the meantime try to find a solution

2. One solution is to increase Exports and Foreign Direct Investment.

If 2 is not achieved and repayment of IMF loan that's a disaster. Yes USD will rise when loans to be repaid and it will more sharply if 2 is not in place. You can see impact of loans on power tarrifs, austerity, interest rate, GDP, inflation - just to name a few.
                      421 days ago 

S Anwer
                      (143 posts)
                      Thank you everyone for their responses; but as @Imtiaz sb said, this is deviating from the main topic i.e. My question whether is it good to buy one kanal plot in bahria-8 rwp overseas blocks now or wait for another 6 months if the prices are expected not to increase?

A lot has been discussed on PKR valuation stuff. Please help me understand the second aspect i.e. "What is expected in plots prices in next 6 months - increasing or decreasing?"

@Aleem, I have sent you a private message - please check and respond.
                        421 days ago 

Post Answer (31 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL