Buying plot near mosque

Dar brothers and sister,

Is it good to buy a plot opposite to a mosque? Does the land value increase?

Also, can it be noisy for the residents who live near the mosque?

Thankyou

I remember house of my grandfather (nana jan) was adjacent to mosque. Let me tell you, it is a wonderful to live near a mosque.

"Noisy".... No man ... It is very peaceful. When we were young and while playing we make noise inside our home. My grandmother used to tell us

"keep quiet... Mosque is near by ---- people who are offering prayer will get disturb"

and we start learning how to respect this place at very young age.

I think you should buy it. It will be beneficial in many ways which I cannot describe here...you will feel inshAllah.

Thank you Ali for you reply…

Bilal, it depends upon type of mosques. Some molvi sahiban do not respect the code of loudspeaker and abuse it. In those cases it might be disturbing. Otherwise, it would be good experience, I think.

Generally, in Islamabad mosques are not too noisy and they use internal speakers for other than Azan. But nothing can be guaranteed for Friday khutba and Eid meelad Un Nabi (saw) for instance. Usually such programs run on external speakers. Also some molvi sahiban organize ijtamai qurbani, which could be a little inconvenient to neighbours.

Some masjids those become centers of tableeghi jamat, any well known pir saab, or any political or jihadi group also pose different challenges, e. G., noise, encroachment and road blockade.

Isloo has good points… Noise can be there and it will be a public place. If you and your family are fine, then it’s ok but I personally will not buy a plot near one.

You may buy plot close to mosque but buying opposite to it is not a good idea. If it is for investment you may find it hard to sell as there would be very few buyers. If it is a 70 ft road at least between the plot and the mosque then it is not a problem but anything smaller may not be good.

Many people preferred to buy a plot near masjid. Events like Eid Miladun Nabi, Eid ul Adha, Eid ul Fitr PLUS your children get regular attendance and praying of namaz. You dont need security as five time in day people will be attending masjid. In regard property value I have seen many people living near masjid and property value has tremendously increased i.e. Bahria Town Jamia Masjid.

Masjid k zer e saaya ik ghar bana liya hai

Ye banda e kameena hamsaya e Khuda hai

(Ghalib)