Cheap home in murree or other northern areas

Hello and thanks to all those who contribute their time and advice to these forums.

I'm looking to settle down in pakistan within the next couple of years with my family (wife and 1 child). I'm british but my wife is pakistani (so we could buy land/property in her name).

I struggle with summer temperatures so we are looking for a base to serve us between may and october, somewhere cool.

We only require a very small house (1 or 2 bed), ideally a house rather than a flat and with a small garden/outside area/bit of land. We are happy to live in a rural/forest setting so long as there is some road access and access to water.

We lived in a truck in the uk so are used to living in small spaces. I also have some experience with tiny homes. I had thought about buying a small piece of land and building a small timber dwelling or having a shipping container/porta cabin delivered and turning that into a small home. Do such temporary dwellings require planning permission in pakistan?
I've seen property like this:
Https://www.Zameen.Com/property/murree_murree_resorts_7_marla_brand_new_2_bedrooms_house_for_sale_in_murree-13832549-11597-1.Html
However i could build something far cosier and more suited to us in layout, including things such as a wood burning stove.

If we were to buy land with a derelict building upon it could we replace it with something else without any permission? Example this: https://www.Zameen.Com/property/murree_ayubia_road_house_for_sale_at_the_prime_location_of_khanispur-18841978-5829-1.Html

Our budget is small, 50-60 lakh. The location is not too important so long as the climate is cool and it's relatively accessible.

A few pointers that may help:

- Location & Minimal Essential Utilities
May not be as important as it needs to be in an Urban setting. Most important are 3 factors. The proximity to home/cottage where 2/4 wheels can take you (close to road), Electricity, Gas. If you travel from Islamabad, after Chattar most of the areas have quite pleasant weather throughout.

- Built Home vs Own Construction
Try to buy land and construct at your own. It takes efforts and time for sure but will give you much better structure in terms of its stability, long term maintenance, its foundation as land in hill area underneath the structure may not be as stable and requires good foundation. It does need a very careful purchase that has no litigation and proper documentation available and verifiable before getting into any deal

- Apartment vs Home
I would prefer home for sure. However, people in those areas despite their warmth and generosity could be conservative and outsider for them is good as neighbor but could talk long to have more informal socilaisation. Alternatively, no one would like to live in an isolated place that is a bit distant from city. Apartments can have a better sense of community with people living in them for short period but a better community around with necessary groceries and etc. around. Having said that I would still prefer a home at a spot with some houses around (though not too close) but human presence nearby.

- Approximate Costs
Mostly in Marla (Width x Breadth) and reasonable location you may expect around 5 lac/Marla.

Other best thing could be ofcourse fantastic weather, organic home grown food, away from noise and congestion.

Where Exactly: The Actual Question...
There is a place named Lower Toppa. Its a decent combination of good weather, reasonable, increasing development and accessible. It has commercials nearby but if you move few meters down the hill, the area is super green, nice views and calm. You may like to visit over GMaps:

33°52'50.3"N 73°26'01.5"E
33.880651, 73.433758

Rest others can add their bit of information to keep it going. Good luck with that!

--------------------------
Normally in each city/district there are respective development authorities like Islamabad has Capital Development Authority that has some rules (though not absolute strict) that must be followed. There for sure are by laws in Muree area to what you can build and what you cant but not very strict but still better to follow to avoid any future hassle. The ultimate never to do is cutting of any planted tress rest all is flexible.

Imtiaz, are there any propertly dealers around the area you mentioned to talk to or what would be the best way to find a piece of land?

The best way to do so is to visit the place. There will always be locals who are willing on a decent offer. Alternatively some mediator or broker can get the deal done!

Whichever approach adopted, most important is to cross check to avoid any litigation!