Commercial plot options

I am an overseas pakistani and need an advice about buying commercial plot in islamabad in the range of 10 t0 15 million rupees in islamabad. The aim is to build a plaza on it after two years. Can you please recommend some good options available so that i can further explore them while i’m in pakistan. Will really appreciate your quick input. Thanks

Any advice from senior members and property experts please.

Arshad Khan, I was personally intersted earlier in Phase 8 E block 8 marla commercial but then due to some other priorities I could not decide, the prices 7-8 months back were 210-215 , today I checked are showing 250.

If you have budget this could be good investment. As its 8 marls plot, so good size shops and appartments can be made for rental, its on main road so will attract brands and banks etc + future constructions including the ring road could further boost this.

Thanks Sohail Khan

Bahria announced fully developed 8m commercial in C-1 Bahria Enclave. I do not have details, but you can check. They are giving possession on down payment, installments in 1.5 years. No tax, no transfer fee.

Sounds interesting!

Isloo - thanks for letting me know about this option. I’ve checked Bahria website but can’t find anything there. Will you recommend who should I contact to get more information about this C1 option. Thanks

BT, DH, GG and alike's commercials sounds tempting on the face value and installment options. Its starts with exclusivity but the greed to dig out commercial on every second inch creates a supply that far exceeds the demand. I am speaking, in general as many have suffered due to devaluation, unless some specific project is exclusive and has the right proportion of population around to keep the commercial relevant.

As a comparative example, Proposer CDA's sector shop in terms of %age of ROI is far better then some entire commercial project/plot. I may have a limited view but most in BTS/DHs and recently GG are stuck with their commercials. Stuck in a sense that not getting what was expected and anticipated.

The trick is to buy, hold, expect that it appreciates. The problem starts when these developers after promising you exclusive commercial sell out next piece of land as new launched commercial, just a few meters away from you, getting some easy money but compromising already sold commercial.

This by no means is to dishearten but to show the flip side of the temptation to installments based commercials. Visit for yourself to see how small to mid sized investors are stuck. I reiterate again this is based on recent observations and insights from few who have first hand experience, I would be happy to be stand corrected on missing any obvious!

Thanks Imtiaz bhai for highlighting this side of the equation as well. To be honest I’ve no personal experience but I was just thinking along these lines as well that with the greed of Bahria and others they would be more likely doing this with the commercials.

With two years time frame, you may consider Capital Smart City. Their overseas and Executive blocks are balloted and supply of commercial plots in market is very less so the demand is good. CSC map is showing limited number of commercial area and in case they stick with this map with this much commercial area then it will appreciate in future.

CSC development work pace is going on with a decent pace and possessions are expected to be delivered by society from mid year 2020.

@Arshad Khan, plz check with local dealers of BE, they will have detailed info.

@Arshad Khan I have some good options in ur budget kindly do let me know when you came to Islamabad.

Regards,

Khalid Javaid

0321-5533374

Salam. Would any of the respected members here have any plot in civic center bahria town rawalpindi for sale. If anyone has availability kindly contact 03005146793. Thank you

Assalaom O Alaikum,

Although I have no experience in commercial property, but two of my friends purchased commercial properties.

One purchased shop in Bahria Phase-4 during 2015 with 6 million price the rental income on the average he is getting about 20K per month. He tried recently to sale the shop, but no one interested to purchase the shop more than 4.5 million.

My another friend purchase commercial plot in phase-8 with price about 45 million. He done the business case for cost of construction and realise that ROI will not be more that 7 percent due to excessive commercialization in Bahria and DHA towns. So he sold that commercial property at about 40 million....lesson learn.... Be very carefull while purchasing the commercial properties in general, and in Bahria and DHA in particular.

Asadullah sb, Thanks for sharing. You are right that all private societies offers too much in commercial. Bahria, DHA and Gulberg has already oversupplied commercial property, people will soon realize this fact when there will be commercials everywhere around them

Arshad Sb do not buy anything on instalment from Bahria specially.

Buy anything that is available on ground.

Dear Brother,

Bahria Rawalpindi commercial is surplus and demand is less than the availability, therefore it will not a wise decision to purchase anything in BT Rawalpindi.

Keeping in view the current trend, I would like to explore and have some insights about Capital Smart City.

I checked the rates and came to know that its growing like a rocket. Last year, the 4 marla commercial file is in 6-8 lacs profit. As per last day, one of friend told me that the profit is around 20-25 lacs on 4 marla commercial and people have made good returns there in a year.

YOu need to explore that and also let me know in case you found something further on this.

Regards,

KJ

Hmm so means in CSC now the time is to put the topi on some one head and walk away :slight_smile:

See CSC map, if they don’t change it then commercial is in reasonable quantity not every street or so has commercial with it

Reality, each of these private developers show a different map to sell and execute another one to make quick money. Commercial only sells when its at the center with population built around it. Remember GG Commercial shot up in no time (massive profits) and its on a down fall since each odd inch that was promised as Farm House or Green Belt has been converted into Commercial. Once the commercial is exclusive and in demand private developers exploit that and in doing so fall in the same old trap!

Typical example is CDA commercial (Markaz) in center and Map is static since day 1. No filling, no change. As pathetic as CDA infrastructure may be, its possession property in a stable way surpasses all other as far as appreciation. In terms of relative ROI a CDA shop in Markaz is a much better option than an entire mini plaza in most of these mushrooming commercials in private societies. BT Civic centre is another example of relative success because that's a proper centralised commercial.

The formula to commercial success will remain same no matter whatever the time and era: Centralised + Customer Footfall

*Centralised = population ratio (approx 90:10) & not scattered in chunks

PECHS islamabadis the main hub now .It is near to airport and is developed society with house construction going on .It is the future gold